Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2001 7:29:43 AM EDT
I have a Colt Nat'l Match on lay-away with a 1/7 twist,  I was looking at a Armalite A4 and it had no barrel twist stamped on the barrel.  What gives?  This may come across as an elementary question to some of you but I would really like to know reason for this.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you look under the handguards?

Sometimes rifles are marked on the barrels, but it is concelaed under the handguards
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The new Armalite M15A4's have a barrel twist rate of 1:9.

Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]
yep look under the handguards
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Jackyl,

I suggest that you go to [url]http://www.armalite.com[/url] and surf for a little while. You'll find answers to your questions that you have posted as well as [b]all the others[/b] you haven't. They even have an in depth explaination of the "A2/A4" designation.

Jake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top