Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2002 9:13:25 PM EDT
[img]http://www.vaq34.com/junk/bbqmoose.jpg[/img]
BBQ chicken and a Mossberg 500 Mariner.

The Mossberg was slow roasted and seasoned with an 18 1/2 inch barrel, factory ghost ring sights, Surefire light and forend, TacStar sidesaddle shell holder, Choate full length pistol grip stock, 12 round bandoleer sling.

The chicked got a dry rub of salt, fresh pepper, fresh garlic and fresh onion.
It was BBQ'ed and then smoked over a charcoal fire with mesquite wood tossed in for flavoring. For the last 10 minutes BBQ sauce was applied on half the bird.

done over charcoal with mesquite wood for flavoring
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
yummy, is that henry's blackberry wheat, or private reserve?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ahhhhh......the fuckin single life! i miss it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a side of corn on the cob, baked potato, baked beans, or perhaps a tossed salad.

You also need some good reading material.

BTW, the chicken smells great.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Geeeeez Joe....all great choices.....Im gettin a beer right now...!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The single life?
I miss it too.
Sometimes.
No dear, I was just kidding.
I don't miss being single at all.

Quoted:
ahhhhh......the fuckin single life! i miss it.
View Quote

Yea, I should have set up the entire meal, the wife was looking at me like I was crazy ("Hon,  the chicken is already dead, you don't need to shoot it") so I went for the quick shot.

That's Henry's Northwest Trail Blonde Lager Beer.

Oh yea, 5 rounds of 2 3/4 slugs in the tube, 1 of OO buck in the chamber and the same on the side saddle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's Henry's Northwest Trail Blonde Lager Beer.

View Quote

What?? Ive never heard of it?? It must be new huh? I used to live in Oregon and Henry's was the only beer I drank
$3 a 6 pack, down here in colorado its more like $6, I need to move back to Oregon
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I gots to go to a birthday party at a upper scale japanese restaurant tonight and got to see how you rich bastards eat. The food and presentation was so artistic I thought I was on Iron Chef!

1st course: Summer Vegetable Aspic Terrine with mayonaise sauce and fresh fig with miso sauce.
2nd course: Yellow tail and tuna shashimi with wasabi.
3rd course: Kakiage- ground shrimp and onion mixed in tempura and deep fried with light soy sauce.
4th course: Sunomono Salad- Sliced cucumber, seaweed, salmon sashimi, octopus sashimi and squid sashimi in a vinegar sauce.
5th course: Miso soup
6th course: Filet Mignon Ami Yaki (IIRC)- Very tender filet mignon, bean sprouts, cabbage, and onion that you cook yourself in a small pan. Came with soy steak sauce and a ponzu daicon sauce for the vegetables.
7th course: Dessert- honeydew melon wedge and strawberries.

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Imbrog, man that's impressive.  Nice birthday dinner for somebody.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.vaq34.com/junk/henry.jpg[/img]
Not bad for a Miller beer!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Ill have to try it. hopefully I can find it down here.
You know what else was really convenient in Oregon??  Being able to buy Beer at the Grocery store. Real beer not the 3.2% crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top