Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 6:31:02 PM EDT

I just loaded Windows XP Pro.
My wife prefers Netscape, she used 4.75 on our old Win98SE system.
I remember when Netscape 6.0 came out, it was a nightmare.
We like using separate browsers/email programs because it keeps us out of each others email and favorite places.
I prefer Internet Explorer, she likes Netscape.

Which version of Netscape works best on XP ?

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Version Internet Exporer 6.0.26

You are joking right? What's the difference between a back button, favorites and an address bar?

IE is wrapped so deeply into XP I can't imagine a sane person trying to sort it out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
[url=http://www.mozilla.org/]Mozilla 1.0[/url].  Mozilla is the open-source version of Nutscrape and works great under XP.  I find it friendlier than Internet Explioter and faster than commercial Nutscrape.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using Netscape 6.2 as a secondary browser and I've been pretty satisfied with the performance under XPPro.

It's *much* more stable than the old 4.xx I was using on a win98 install.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a netscape user since it first came out (anti-M$ and all) but when AOL took it over, the quality when down hill QUICK.  I stopped using it at home since then. I use IE on XPpro w/o any problems.  However at work, the company was using Netscape on win95/98/2k and the problems got progressivly worse (company software ain't too good in the first place) The recently authorised use of IE and I put it on my machine and now I have no inter/intra net problems! [:)]

I wish netscape had stayed independant and kicked M$'s @ss.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Get [url=www.opera.com]Opera[/url] for a change of pace.

Personally, I stay with IE. To many damn web sites are written for it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
The posts in here are right on. Mozilla 1.0 is the way to go, much better than recent Netscapes which, as mentioned, went to hell after AOL bought it.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top