Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2001 6:13:39 AM EDT
Well, I went and coughed abruptly while laughing yesterday and ripped a few muscles in my back just below the shoulder blades (middle area), the pain is really bad, it makes you like an infant, you can't even pull yourself up from a prone position...this has happened before, last time it took ten days to heal and was alot worse....I had been stretching out the past few days (I'm in fairly decent shape, 34 inch waist, but aging~37) and I fear I am going to have back problems.
Should I go to the Chiropractor also today even the the muscles feel ripped and movement almost feels like it takes my breath away?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Did I mention the stabbing pain that shoots thru that area when I move abruplty?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't get me started on back problems.
A year ago I was workinging on a car and heard a loud POP,POP,POP,POP!!!  Result--four leaking disk!!  Two months ago I finally had surgery to repair/fuse two of the worst disks.  My back still gives me problems.

All I know is that everyone needs to take care of their back.  Now, everytime I see anyone life wrong, I feel like telling them my story.

Good luck buddy.

sgtar15

Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear that ..I was a competative wt lifter also ran and biked car accident left me with a broken back just as i was starting to recover big ice storm struck and I went sailing of a friends concrete front porch landed on the sidewalk and lower step right on the injury...& that was it...sucks because without your back you are truly screwed
A friend turned me on to Tahitian Noni Juice™ and a product called Sulpherzyme (MSM) ..www.morinda.com  the compounds in the stuff have some interesting properties and been researched by Univ of Hawaii bio chem people and the stuff has really helped me pain and swelling wise -imo  both these compounds are natural and have been used with what appears to be good results I have heard of vets using both these on race horses to rehab them after surgery
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#4]
My boss was a med school drop out - he said it sounds like I "popped a rib" The stabbing pain feels like a muscle, but it is really a rib and only hurts when I make Certian movements...
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, I went and coughed abruptly while laughing yesterday and ripped a few muscles in my back just below the shoulder blades (middle area), the pain is really bad, it makes you like an infant, you can't even pull yourself up from a prone position...this has happened before, last time it took ten days to heal and was alot worse....I had been stretching out the past few days (I'm in fairly decent shape, 34 inch waist, but aging~37) and I fear I am going to have back problems.
Should I go to the Chiropractor also today even the the muscles feel ripped and movement almost feels like it takes my breath away?
View Quote

join the club, just got back from my chiro. feeling alittle looser now but pain is still unbearable. Neurologist is afraid that i'll have long term nerve damage
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
How did it happen NY?  I'm convinced mine is related to all that furniture I delivered while attending the univ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top