Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 2:22:17 PM EDT
I used to be a bartender, and thought I had seen everything with regards to nasty drinks.  The B-52 comes to mind as a particularly horrid layered concoction.

But one night, a guy came in and ordered an "Irish Turd" for a friend.  I was like, WTF?  He told me how to make it, and it was a doozy.

You take a tumbler glass, put Bailey's Irish Cream in it, then quickly put lime juice in it and serve it immediately.  Inside of 30 seconds the cream curdles and then turns hard as concrete.  Totally ruined the glass - even with Ajax and a brillo pad I couldn't get the damn crap out of it.

Imagine what it did to the friend's internals!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats the same one I was thinking of, but we call it a cement mixer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
One shot of warm Jaegermeister after an evening of drinking Leinenkugals.

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The way Ive seen it done is you take a shot of Irish Cream, but you dont swallow it, then you dump about 1/4 shot of lime or lemon juice in your mouth and swish it around,,  it hardens, its nasty!! a cement mixer
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Pepsi
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Absinthe in the Cazch republic- banned in all but 4 countries,,, supposed to make you hallucinate, I almost through up. But didn't get to see any colors [;)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
50 cents-a-bottle soju, Yongsan, South Korea.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Chivas Regal and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Yugoslavian plum brandy called Slivovitz. Nasty and strong.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Captain Morgan. YAK!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
From my younger days when I had no money..........Wait, I don't have any now either. Lime Kool-aid & Wild Turkey, I do not reccomend it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Captain Morgan. YAK!
View Quote

What[shock]  Thats some good shit. I've set sail with Captain Morgan and never left dry land many a time. To quote Garth Brooks "Two Pina Coladas" song[:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But one night, a guy came in and ordered an "Irish Turd" for a friend.  I was like, WTF?  He told me how to make it, and it was a doozy.

You take a tumbler glass, put Bailey's Irish Cream in it, then quickly put lime juice in it and serve it immediately.  Inside of 30 seconds the cream curdles and then turns hard as concrete.  Totally ruined the glass - even with Ajax and a brillo pad I couldn't get the damn crap out of it.

Imagine what it did to the friend's internals!
View Quote

A better version is the "Cement Mixer."  Same ingredients, but you foist it upon the unsuspecting.  You keep the Bailey's and Lime Juice in separate glasses.  Have the victim drink (but on swallow) the Bailey's.  Then you tell them to drink the lime juice and mix the two together in their mouth.  When it solidifies in their mouth, they'll know why it's called the "Cement Mixer."
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Ginseng wine. It tasted like rubbing alcohol that had run through about 10 miles of rusty pipes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Absinthe in the Cazch republic- banned in all but 4 countries,,, supposed to make you hallucinate, I almost through up. But didn't get to see any colors [;)]
View Quote

How can you talk this way about Absinthe?
Oh, the opaline green fairy. . . the Green Goddess. . .subject of so many paintings, inspiration of a generation of artists. . .
At least you didn't harp on Becherovka.

Yes, AZ_Larry, the plum brandy is sold in the Czech Republic as slivovice.  Rough stuff, although far from what I consider to be the worst:  Bull Ice.

Don't know if it's still produced.  An "Ice" Malt Liquor.  Was inexpensive at roughly $2 for a 40+ oz bottle, but was worth only the value of the glass in the bottle itself.

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#15]
warm Wild Irish Rose (grape)
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you remove the bottle from the bag, you'll lose the value of the brown paper insulation.  Better just to leave it wrapped.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't forget

Thunderbird
Maddog 20/20 and
Boones farm.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#20]
There's been a couple bad ones that I can remember, both non-alcoholic:
Goat milk and grape juice, and Strawberry yogurt, with tuna juice in it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thunderbird
Maddog 20/20 and
Boones farm.
View Quote

yuck... reminds me of the time I painted the passenger side of my buddies car as we were going down the road. [puke]
View Quote

HAHA. I've painted the side of many a car in my time. [puke][:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Cobra wine!

Ugggghhhh.  All you Vietnam vets know what I'm talking about.

Strong Rice wine with a few mountain herbs and a damn Cobra preserved in the bottle in some of the strongest an filthiestly ditilled brew you ever drank.

It is considered a "real man's" drink...The taste when going down wasn't bad due to teh strong alcohol content but the after taste and smell on my breath kept the chicks away for days (and nope...that Listerine/Scope doesn't help!)  You need yourself a case of Altoids!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[size=6][red]'33' BEER [/red][/size=6]
View Quote

ba moi ba??????????
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yugoslavian plum brandy called Slivovitz. Nasty and strong.
View Quote

Nasty????  That stuff rocks!  My Serbian friend's dad makes it and he smuggles some in when he comes back from visiting home.  It has to be over 100 proof (I'm guessing something like 120-130), but it is the smoothest liquor I have ever had.  You can drink it all night long...  And you know what's even better than Serbian liquor?  Serbian womenz!  But that's a whole nother thread.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Ah yes!  Plum brandy, aka Slivovitz from Czechoslovakia.  Good stuff from my drinking days.
The nastiest drink I ever had was mixed for me by a girlfriend whose uncle was a member of the Soviet Politburo.  He used to send some 140 proof potato vodka under diplomatic cover.  All I remember is there was a picture of a wolf on the label.  Her mother said this was the stuff they drank in the Kremlin.
Anyway, she fixed me a drink with 7 shots of this vodka and one or two shots of ginger ale.
It went down real easy so I didn't realize what it was until it was too late.
It felt like someone hit me in the back of the head and I was out for over an hour on the kitchen floor.
Then there was the butter pecan ice cream mixed with 151 proof rum.  Smooth but deadly.

marsh
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Doesn't anyone remember "Billy Beer"?  
We elected the wrong Carter.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Triple shots of Jim Beam. Friend of mine fed me these things when I was already quite shitfaced.  He was rewarded for his efforts with a huge puddle of puke on his carpet the next morning.

Ralf...
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Extra chunky chocolate milk that I found out was made from milk that was 3 weeks past expiration date.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Everclear.  Straight.  Ungh, the horror.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Something called a "redeye".  Half a shot of tequila and the other half was Tabasco.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Everclear.  Straight.  Ungh, the horror.
View Quote

I know someone who almost died off of that stuff. Someone slipped it into her Diet Coke at a party. Apparently, she was sick for weeks....
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Thermonuclear Cherry: Everclear in a Candied Cherry. One is more than enough.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#33]
On my 20th birthday we had gotten various spirits. I had a bottle of Strawberry Hill that Was about 3/4ths full and I decided to mix it with Malibu Rum. [shock] It tasted like shit going down and coming up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Worst drink ever?  A sip from my college roommates tobacco spit bottle.  I thought it was Coke cola.  Almost instant vomit. Ewww!

Worst I did on purpose?  Kesslers and grapefruit juice.  I don't think grapefruit juice was meant to be a mixer.

In Slivovice's defense:  The stuff AZ Larry drank must have been a bad brand or just "not your cup of tea".  I had a HS friend whose parents were direct from Czechoslovakia (spoke Czech at home) and the slivovice they served was top notch.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#35]
One of my friends ordered a round of "Pink Ladies", as a cruel joke...

Pink Lady:

[size=4]gin + milk + grenadine= [puke][/size=4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Here in South Florida there's a Cuban drink called a Mojito. It's supposed to be refreshing.....but disgusting is the adjective that leaps to my mind.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Oh yeah.....can't forget the Robitussin of the booze world....Southern Comfort.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Something called a "redeye".  Half a shot of tequila and the other half was Tabasco.  
View Quote

I call that a "Mexican Death Squad"!

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Pepsi
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Three wisemen:  Jack, Jim and I believe Lord Calvert. (a triple shot).

See my tag line...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Mezcal - especially the cheap stuff!!
Tastes like the smell of rotten diesel fuel...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Jaegermeister. My sister-in-law gave me some of this wretched stuff a few years ago at Christmas.  I want the inventor punished! lol
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Three wisemen:  Jack, Jim and I believe Lord Calvert. (a triple shot).
View Quote

A 4 Horsemen is worse - Jack, Jim, Jose, and Johnny.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I was thinkin some of the blackberry shine we had out at my party last night was bad. Nevermind. Some of the shit you guys are talkin about sounds far worse. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Three come to mind:

In the category of worst alcoholic beverage consumed straight, the winner is:

Malteserkreutz Aquavit.  

It has to be near-frozen and tossed down immediately in preferably one gulp.  Nasty.  If anyone in Finland, Germany or points in between gives you a very cold, frosty little green bottle with a black Cross of St. George (Maltese Cross) on it at a social gathering, just say "No."

In the category of worst mixed drink consumed, the winner is:

Jack Daniels and Coke.

A terrible, terrible, waste of Coca-Cola.

In the category of worst liqueur consumed, the winner is:

Ouzo.

That all-time anise (anus?) flavored Greek favorite.  But then, I don't like black licorice or anise-flavored anything.  Or anus-flavored, for that matter.

Noah, still feeling squeamish years later.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Doesn't anyone remember "Billy Beer"?  
We elected the wrong Carter.
View Quote

[img]www.members.aol.com/ericsorenson/BBbitch.jpg[/img]

The most gruesome drink I ever had was a 'Green Turkey'...Basically, it was Wild Turkey, Midori and some other crap...fricken gross!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Aquavit. The nastiest tasting booze ever to slosh  across my palate. I ordered a glass with dinner at the Swedish restaurant at the Montreal Expo 67 and after one taste tossed the rest of it into a nearby potted plant. What a pukereno![puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top