BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 1:10:41 PM EDT

Don't have time to check the site mentioned in this article - more later
[url]www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/07/14/1026185141232.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, how dare concerned citizens report suspicious activity.
the bastards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Great.  Just what we need.  Another boneheaded bureau from a bunch of pimple-headed politicians.  I'm thinking it's time to found

MABB - Mothers Against Boneheaded Bureaus

and

MAPP - Mothers Against Pimpleheaded Politicians
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This all sounds so great, and it probably will be until it is abused by the current powers that be or the next Klintonite.

[url=http://www.citizencorps.gov/about.html]Citizen Corps[/url]

Operation TIPS, the Terrorism Information and Prevention System, will be a nationwide program providing millions of workers who, by the nature of their jobs, are well-positioned to recognize unusual events, with training, materials, and a formalized way to report suspicious activity to the nearest FBI field office.

Citizen Corps efforts at state and local levels will be coordinated nationally by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
View Quote

Here's the main page: [url]http://www.citizencorps.gov[/url]
View Quote

I thought I would join and see just how fucked it is...Click on the "JOIN NOW" button.

Do you get the same message I got? Basically it says that the site is not to be trusted as secure site, but it is different.

Please download a bug into my computer.

The other thing that has bugged me for awhile is the massive call for volunteers these days. I have never met a conservative volunteer who works with the gov, they are damn-near all lefties.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool! What's diff between today and Stalin's & Hitler's time?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Your papers please[(:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
yeah, how dare concerned citizens report suspicious activity.
the bastards.
View Quote

Your concern is on target.  There are already enough situations where freaked-out soccer moms report stuff like Oneshotonekill's legal ansd cased rifle, resulting in major disrutpion in his life that kept this board lit up for quite a while here.

Thank God the responding officers showed restraint and instead of just shooting him, only subjected him to false arrest, thousands of dollars in attorney's fees and a considerable battle to get his legally owned rifle back from the PD.

Things will really be better when we have more of this happening [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]

So, do they report to a block leader, who then forwards the information to the local nazi party offical. This sounds alot like the type of thing that went on in nazi Germany. Scary.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]
prk, I did a search for Oneshotonekill but didn't find out the situation.  Can you rehash it?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
prk, I did a search for Oneshotonekill but didn't find out the situation.  Can you rehash it?  Thanks!
View Quote

Oops....try [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=102545[/url] to get an idea.

I goofed - it's actually oneshot1kill - try a search on that.  Author names have to be exact.

I believe the original post was deleted to prevent it from undermining a just result, but you should get a pretty good idea from what you can find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top