Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 7:37:02 AM EDT
I left for a few months of military duty overseas,,doing my bit to save the country.  I get back and we now have a serious code of conduct,,and all the sorry SHTF posts.  Well the Stuff has already hit for some of us..
I did like the occasional semi-lewd or provoctive topic,,,does it all have to be Jesus and guns.  Has this evolved into a God-freak and gun room??  Whats Up??????
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
In a word, censorship.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree its gotten pretty boring around here.  Someone needs to throw some gas on the fire!!
 [pyro] [devil]

Bill3508  
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
People finally grew up!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Why don't you tell us about your tour? It's got to me more interesting than the religious stuff. I think as things have calmed down overseas, things have calmed down here. And lots of folks are burned out from the BRC I guess.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
i think someone is worried about Political Correctness now.  so they censored it!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
 So,, "some people grew up", and turned into punks,,,scared to death they may see a nipple?? or somebody might use a bad word??  
 What did you grow up into????  If the Southern Baptist sector of Al Queada took over I am sorry for this forum, I happen to like a dirty joke and happen to think it's ok to have a negative opinion of some people.
 Does AOL run this damn place now??  I once got a TOS violation from the for " expressing a contary opinion" they told me the forum was only open to people who agreed what they said.  I am pleased to see you have adopted the same runs,,,,,Heil Jesus,,,,
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#8]
It has been sanitized and made safe "for the children".

Don't worry it's all for the greater good...I'm sure you'll agree.

(yawn)
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, now that you're back, I'm sure things will pick up and this board will turn around. Your absence explains the lack of witty repartee and cutting edge topics like "How many women is TOOOOO many?"

Standing by.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 So,, "some people grew up", and turned into punks,,,scared to death they may see a nipple?? or somebody might use a bad word??  
 What did you grow up into????  If the Southern Baptist sector of Al Queada took over I am sorry for this forum, I happen to like a dirty joke and happen to think it's ok to have a negative opinion of some people.
 Does AOL run this damn place now??  I once got a TOS violation from the for " expressing a contary opinion" they told me the forum was only open to people who agreed what they said.  I am pleased to see you have adopted the same runs,,,,,Heil Jesus,,,,
View Quote

Some people just respect the wishes of the owners. We don't come to your house and crap on your rug just because we want to express our individualism. It's their court, we play by their rules.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]
BOG and DaveLasso are gone.

That's the only difference.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Shit and fuck.......I feel better now[peep]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Are all "bad words" ok?

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, mother fucker, and tits?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#15]
you forgot: asshole, snot, and pussy!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok,,,I feel better....I got some bad words and the moderstor even told me to piss off.  Man oh man its good to be home.
 As far as the exciting topic of "How many women is Toooooo many"  I liked that one. They start to add up after a while,,,maybe a badge for every 100 or so to wear on your AR15.com t-shirts??  What do you think???
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Let us not forget DonR's favorite: ASSCLOWN.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Relax a bit and ease into things, they haven't changed, just like always trends and topics come and they go...

The code is pretty much the same as it was before (maybe a bit lighter actually) and there's a number of changes/additions coming down the pipe. (Been working non-stop for weeks...)

Also you can say shit and fuck, or whatever else you want if it makes you feel better.

Now bite me and move along, there's nothing to see here! [=P]
View Quote

In before the lock!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#19]
This is great, now we can curse all we want but cant talk about offending muslims, blacks, whites, jews, nazi's, chinese, japs, or whatever else there is out there.  Goatboy, that didn't make me feel any better, and I doubt it does for many others either.  As far as things being lighter code wise, your kidding right?  We can't talk about anything controversial on this board without it being locked  or moved.  Its bullshit(there is my curse word) since you are advocating it now.
Edited because I forgot the indians.  I'm sure other will fill in the rest.
Bill3508 [:(]    
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is great, now we can curse all we want but cant talk about offend muslims, blacks, whites, jews, nazi's, chinese, japs
Bill3508 [:(]    
View Quote

Hey I take offense to that!  I'm a Jewish, Muslim, African American, Nazi of chinese decent!

And I demand Respect and a Government Handout!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Enjoy what we have here guys. It could be a lot worse. Just check out Frugals and Assaultweb if you have any doubts.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I do enjoy this board, but things have gotten a little too Kalifoniastan in here lately.

Bill3508 [soapbox]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#23]
"Feeeelings, nothing more than feeeelings..."  

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People finally grew up!
View Quote

Ain't it a shame?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#26]
POIS......[uzi]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have no problem with nudity, discussions, and even some angry reports, but there is a time and place for the more extreme items. (Nudity WILL be allowed in the upcoming "Lodge" forum, and more "borderline" discussions will also live in the upcoming "Coliseum" forum.)
View Quote

I have to say, I was thinking the same thing... But alas, there are accomodating forums ahead.

I just hope I don't need a credit card for adult verification [beer]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#29]
There are also many hostiles coming out from under their rocks too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Goatboy,
   I've yet to hear anyone here say they completely hate any race or religious group, or advocate killing them all.  With that being said, its not that sort of thing thats being censored, its subtle jokes and questions about them that are taking the hits.  
Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
People finally grew up!
View Quote

Are you including yourself in that statement ??? [:O]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I dont hate any one group in particular....I just hate people in general.[BD]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#34]
come on over to [url]www.full-auto.com[/url] Its where all the rude boys play.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There are also many hostiles coming out from under their rocks too.
View Quote

Yes, but those "hostiles" are usually a second account created to allow misanthropic individuals to say things they never would have publicly attributed to themselves. It's the hidden hand we have to worry about. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#36]
lonegunman where were you and for how long...I want to thank you for your service...Since I am kind of new to the AR15 family I really don't know what went on before.

To let you know I am one that condemns such antics of hatred to different races. I try to use the same tone I use around my kids. Dirty jokes well maybe a Forum could be set up for that. This way you know what your clicking into. Racial put downs sexist talks about women should not be tolerated in a General Discussion Forum.

There are jokes and there are people that believe in what they say. You went to protect America and it's right to make jokes. You went to show we are a caring and loving people. You didn't go to teach Bigotry and hate. At least I hope not.

One more thing hatred is what fuels the problems of the world. I feel this site is to unite instead of tear apart.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#37]
For those of you interested,,,I am currently working with a Coast Guard Port Security Unit and still vacationing in Cuba.  We have a lovely selection or dirtballs here. Hopefully,,I will be heading east next.  I am not actually in the Coast Guard,,,I am in the AF.  I just happen to keep finding these really interesting jobs,,See you later guys
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry me and McZUI were gone for a bit.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll take credit for the change.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
BOG and DaveLasso are gone.

That's the only difference.
View Quote

Shit, this comment got me added to BOG's email campaign!

I guess the feds will find my email addy on his computer when the come back for him.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey we could all go over to full-auto.com and watch them make BOG into a beeeaaattch.

Actually it is quite entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hey we could all go over to full-auto.com and watch them make BOG into a beeeaaattch.

View Quote
Apparently BOG is quite snuggly over there now. He's one of their star posters.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
Apparently BOG is quite snuggly over there now. He's one of their star posters.
View Quote

What's that saying about running a race in the Special Olympics?  How does it go?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
(Nudity WILL be allowed in the upcoming "Lodge" forum, and more "borderline" discussions will also live in the upcoming "Coliseum" forum.)
View Quote

I think only Team AR15.com members should be allowed to post in there. Regular members are "READ ONLY".

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Your right and it should be in a special section with a waver. That this is not the feelings of those who run AR15.com and most of it's members. Due to the belief in the right to freedom of speech you will find Lewd and derogatory statements and jokes in this section. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. We just ask that no talk of physical violence be portrayed towards a group in your feelings if possible.

How is something like that ....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top