Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2002 7:34:47 AM EDT
Now keep in mind that this is canadian money here,so here's the conversion url,
It works out to be $1325.00 canadian is about $864.00 American.(I'll Take ten please)
[url]http://www.xe.com/ucc/[/url]

[url]http://www.gunscanada.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=2422[/url]
[img]http://www.gunscanada.com/auction/lotImage/ACF32E.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Where's the weapon?  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Where's the weapon?  [:)]
View Quote

ya i want this good deal too!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
It's there now ,sorry i double posted the url for the currency exchange,it's fixed now [;)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now keep in mind that this is canadian money here,so here's the conversion url,
It works out to be $1325.00 canadian is about $864.00 American.(I'll Take ten please)
View Quote

Ok, I'm an idiot.  What's the catch?  I'm assuming that I can't just drive up to Montreal and buy this thing legally?  That would just be way too easy, especially since I'm headed up that way on vacation wiht my girlfriend in 2 weeks....
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
ya...what is the catch!?!?!?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably something to do with the importation of an AW.  But if you happen to find a way around that please let me know; they have some nice SIG 551's hanging around north of the border.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have imported some really nice guns guns from up there and paid way under the going rate down here but i have to check on what you can and can not bring down,i have been waiting for a german luger for over a year now,i paid $285.00
for it up there and after 9/11 everything came to an abrupt halt and they say they lost the paper work and we had to reapply for the import permit and we are still waiting.
I found baby brownings up there for 60.00 american and can not import them because the barrel is under 3 inches,talk about PISSED!
So far i bought a colt python for 300 and a king cobra for 175 and a few other great deals ,the biggest draw back is that you have to be willing to wait until they issue the permit and keep on the expoter and the importer to stay on both govt agencys asses.
I found 1st gen colts made in the 1800's for around 800 to 1000 and missed the bids on them by only a few dollars.
German lugers are a good buy up there they don't consider them worth much and lets not tell them,LOL
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe it is new.

It probably says "LE or EXPORT ONLY".

Sure, it's a preban configuration, made postban. You can not own that piece in this country.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I believe it is new.

Sure, it's a preban configuration, made postban. You can not own that piece in this country.  
View Quote

It's not LEO and it is a preban but it's up there and might be hard to get into the coutry.
There are 1000's of guns up in canada that they don't value as highly as we do ,all you have to do is sift through the junk to get through to the gold.
By the way that german luger i am waiting on is worth about 1800.00 and i paid 285 for it and about 50 bucks in import and export fees.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I believe it is new.

View Quote

Two words, "slab side".
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#11]
In this guy description he says it is a
"This is a restricted class firearm",but almost all their semi auto's are restricted.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#12]
It appears to be a Model 6500 green label preban Colt. It's a great deal if you could import it into the U.S.  AFAIK you can't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top