Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 3:48:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the farmers are handling it quite well.

The only thing they could improve on is starting to mail parts back in boxes.

Politicians start listening amaingly well when the noose is around their personal neck.

I am all for this 100%
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
This is what the Afghans should have done years ago.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Remember also that guns and ammo are banned to civilians in Mexico.
View Quote

What?  I never knew that

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
only military calibre firearms are banned.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Good for them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
How's that for a little "civil disobedience?"  

We ought to take that tack a little more often here.  The gubmit tends to back off on crap like this when people stand firm and are willing to kill or be killed for the issue.

There's a fine line between "eminent domain" with compensation for a "taking" and plain old appropriating private land for selfish government purposes (and to fatten rich cats' pockets on the way; who, incidentally, usually lobbied the issue onto the table and convinced some dopey politician that it would either get him reelected or make him rich too.)  

Government condemnation of property and "taking" is a pet peeve of mine...the public often gets screwed over for some pet project of dubious value.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top