Mine works...Doublefeed was just too quick on the draw...[:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
This is insane...what are ours?
In the UN study, researchers found that nearly 55 crimes are committed per 100 people in England and Wales compared with an average of 35 per 100 in other industrialised countries.
View Quote

Same question as previous one:
England and Wales also have the worst record for "very serious" offences, recording 18 such crimes for every 100 inhabitants, followed by Australia with 16.
View Quote

Always good to hear:
And "contact crime", defined as robbery, sexual assault and assault with force, was second highest in England and Wales – 3.6 per cent of those surveyed. This compares with 1.9 per cent in the US.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What WILL be next, oh my yearning heart wonders?
View Quote

Facism is the tried and true solution to all social problems.  When you look at crime as a problem, you have to admit that Joey and Adolf had some pretty good measures for cutting down on crime.  If history serves as any kind of indicator, England could be rid of almost all crime in 10 years, and at a mere cost of 10-20 million surplus citizens.

(If you missed the sarcasm, and referring to Stalin as "Joey" didn't clue you in, turn off the computer and go to bed.)
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:05:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, we came to the rescue in WWII, building thousands of Liberty ships and giving the UK all kinds of military aid.  Time to do it again-- the "Liberty AR".  We'll send a million or two over there and pass them out to the fine citizens for home defense.

Frankly, I think crime in the UK is directly related to the lack of competent dentists.  The street crime results from people with agonizing cavities robbing to get money to buy drugs to dull the pain.  So I'd send novocain-laced chewing gum too. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey! The Brits are number one at SOMETHING!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
"David Blunkett today claimed that the Government's war on street crime was "beginning to work" as new figures showed muggings rocketing by 31 per cent.
View Quote

Officials claimed the rise was artificially inflated because of a new method of recording offences and they estimated the real underlying trend to be up by around two per cent
View Quote
They used to only count convictions as reported crimes, not reported crimes to police.  Kind of like highschool dropout rates are being reported here.

Sounds like creative accounting, creative social engenerring and The ostrich syndrome all rolled into one.

Will they get a clue -- not likely.

Will the same thing happen here?  It will unless you get out and vote, and work to get people elected who put common sense principals in front of getting re-elected.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Its comforting to be right once again...
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, we came to the rescue in WWII, building thousands of Liberty ships and giving the UK all kinds of military aid.  Time to do it again-- the "Liberty AR".  We'll send a million or two over there and pass them out to the fine citizens for home defense.

Frankly, I think crime in the UK is directly related to the lack of competent dentists.  The street crime results from people with agonizing cavities robbing to get money to buy drugs to dull the pain.  So I'd send novocain-laced chewing gum too. [rolleyes]
View Quote

I think you may be onto something marvl – re the lack of competent dentists. But I think they have plenty of novocain – how else do you explain the head-in-the sand attitude to the correlation between increased (armed) crime and prohibitive gun laws.

I admit that I was once just as brainwashed as the next Brit. regarding the public's access to firearms. But, that was back in 1978 when I left the U.K. and, in those days, there seemed to be very little gun-related crime over there. I have completely reversed my attitude since then – I may be the only Brit who has.

Ironically, a century or two ago, there was a law in England compeling homeowners to own firearms in order to control the criminal element.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
What you're reading here is a psyops news article. Note what is being introduced into your mind.

"England and Wales now top the Western world's crime league, according to United Nations research.

"The UN Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute reveals that people in England and Wales experience more crime per head than people in the 17 other developed countries analysed in the survey."

The article is getting you to be acclimated to and to have acceptance of the UN. It is bringing the "United Nations research" and the "UN Interregional Crime and Justice Research" Institute" into your realm of recognizition. Eventually by way of familarity, you will be conditioned to view the UN as an authoritively friendly agency on which you can rely on for justice and support. It is an attempt to get the UN agency into common usage with the american people so that people will accept them as some ligimate source of authority that is here to stay.

Bullcrap! If you're against the UN, why talk about them? Screw the UN. Their instituites have no bearing or meaning on the lives of us Americans. Who cares what they think? Who cares what research they do. You want to get US out of the UN, then stop giving them recognizition.

Also notice that this psyops using the UN verbiage is right in the first two paragraphs of the article. This is an important observation. Newsmen know that people will start reading an article but may not always read it to the end. Therefore, the beginning of an article is where you would place the most important aspects of your discussion. You want the subject of your discussion to be up front so that the people can grasp it immediately. So what do they want you to grasp? DUH!

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#15]
hey Marvl - after WWII, the brits were supposed to return all those "leased" rifles to their owners in the U.S. Guess what - they were confiscated.
 The Brits have brought this on themselves by becoming a bunch of pansies. They have the ability to get themselves out of this situation, too - it is called armed resistance and capital punishment (whatever happened to "drawing and quartering"??).

I don't feel sorry for them one bit. Their stupidity has come home to roost.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, if the Limeys ever are allowed to have guns again , I'm willing to help them out.

FOR SALE : Lightly used only on weekends American made AR-15 with 1 10 round magazine

$10,000 US Funds only!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Think they'll ever make the connection?

[size=6]Nah!!![/size=6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top