Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2002 9:31:58 PM EDT
i have a date next soon with this new  that i dont really know that well, but i would really like to get to know.  how can make a really good imprestion and be myself at the same time?  are there any tips that can help this first date?  thanks gals.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember to wear clean underwear.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Simple:
Brush your teeth.
Open doors for her.
Hold her chair.
Wear decent shoes.
Chew with your mouth closed.
Wear deodorant.
Comment on her attire.
Ask her questions.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
hmmm, may as well be yourself and hope you make a good first impression.  If you are not yurself then it'll only be bad once she figures out the real you, so just be cool, and take the advice of the above posts!  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I hear they like it when you grab their ass and tell them, "I know what you kind of women like, I'm gonna spit in your ass and call you a whore!"  They totally love it when you do that and then invite them over to your place for dinner...  theyre cooking of course.

She is bringing groceries to make dinner, right!?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:13:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hear they like it when you grab their ass and tell them, "I know what you kind of women like, I'm gonna spit in your ass and call you a whore!"  They totally love it when you do that and then invite them over to your place for dinner...  theyre cooking of course.

She is bringing groceries to make dinner, right!?
View Quote

Yeah, I heard about you Arizona guys, you sure know how to treat a lady!!![:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL I prefer the Vodka and a swimming pool technique. [heavy]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
better sentence construction might help.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:51:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Just don't try to take her to bed on the first date and pretend her mind stimulates you as much as her body. If you can master those two things, you are doing well!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Can you sing?  An effective technique for me is to sing the Marine Corps Hymn while holding a dozen red roses like a new born baby. They generally start undressing on the spot. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#12]
hmmm, "...a grain of salt.." better make it a 25 pound bag for this one.  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#13]
[b]LISTEN TO HER!!!! ATTENTIVELY[/b]
even if she bores you to tears!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't speak like you type.. :)
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[b]LISTEN TO HER!!!! ATTENTIVELY[/b]
even if she bores you to tears!
View Quote

Ditto what Stormbringer said!! Listen to her! Also, try to look her in the eyes (not below them) when you converse.....
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Remember the advice in "Something about Mary"? Never go on a date with a "loaded gun". [;)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Simple:
Brush your teeth.
Open doors for her.
Hold her chair.
Wear decent shoes.
Chew with your mouth closed.
Wear deodorant.
Comment on her attire.
Ask her questions.
View Quote

these are great tips.  although i was raised correctly and i always hold doors for the ladies.  thanks for those tips everyone! i will put them to good use!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  thanks for those tips everyone! i will put them to good use!
View Quote

Even the "loaded gun" advice?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#20]
You,ve gotten some good advice and not so good advice, hope you know how to sort it out. [;)]

Here's my advice.

As someone else mentioned, be clean and well groomed.  

Next, be a gentleman! Open doors, help her get seated say "Please" and "Thank you" and don't cuss. In short, MIND YOUR MANNERS!

Tell her she's looks good but don't over do it.  A little compliment goes along way.

Let her talk about herself and really listen.  You really learn a lot about a person by what she says and how she acts.  

At the end of the night compliment her again and tell her you had a great time.  If you'd like to see her again let her know.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#21]
thanks for the advice. i will use it! i have figured out that trying tor grap her ass like topcrest sugjested is a bad idea. i can sort out the crap! [:D]  oh ya and she agreed to go to the Creed concert in houston with me on the 25th of september.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Rent an Andrew Dice Clay video.

Use all of his techniques!

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Upon greeting her at her front door, do not wait, but calmy ask "Do you do Anal", judging by her reaction you will be able to tell how the date will go.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
thanks for the advice. i will use it! i have figured out that trying tor grap her ass like topcrest sugjested is a bad idea. i can sort out the crap! [:D]  oh ya and she agreed to go to the Creed concert in houston with me on the 25th of september.
View Quote

Ok, you asked for a Lady's advice for the date Hummmm let me see here after going through the advice posted....I will have to agree with Yojimbo...Use your Manners, "Thank you", "Please", and you can use "Ma'am", "Sir" to other people that you happen to meet up with, Waiter's, Waitress's ect...you get my point.

I will have to agree with BobCole 2nd...To all that he said...

Plus Relax...Be your self...Or maybe not...LOL..

What can go wrong...It looks like you already have plans for a second date??? Sept 25....To Creed....Good Move!!![;)]  Good Luck....looking forward to hearing how it went....than again maybe not... [;)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey Cit I know its been a long time but do you even remember which end goes up ? Do you know any of her friends ? Brother ? Or other family members . Well if you do try pumping them for info on her likes , dislikes , turn ons and turn offs .
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#26]
You have a date, that's great.

What's his name?

Seriously, be yourself.  Don't take about old girlfriends or wives. If you do talk about old flames don't go into graphic details.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#27]
From experiences that I've had - Be honest.  Don't cheat.  Don't steal.  That about covers it.  [:)]  My ex-boyfriend also had a huge ego problem.  He thought that he could take on anyone - didn't impress me at all.  I found it to be embarrassing.

As the guys have said, listening to her is a good idea, but don't pretend to have an interest in something she's talking about for the sake of merely seeming interested.  You'll find that you're expected to still be interested at the subsequent dates, and you'll find yourself bored to tears.

Always be yourself.  Don't pretend to be someone you're not for the sake of making a good impression.  It's depressing to think that someone cares about the person you're pretending to be when that person isn't the real you.

Best of luck!!  Hope it goes well!

Judi
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't wait until September for a date, for crying out loud!  That's nearly an eternity at your age.  You should have been out with four or five other women by then.

Call her right now and tell her that you want to go to the beach or something similar.  Rent a ski boat.  Take the Private Pilot check ride and take her flying (not mid-day; wait until evening when the air is smooth and the sunset is beautiful).

If she won't go out with you before the concert, she's just using you - ditch her now and save yourself the headache.
View Quote

I hate to agree with this, but I do. At least on the "that's an eternity/ she might be using you" thing.

All the advice above is good advice. But remember that what women want (generally, Alpha Male types), and what women say they want (generally 'nice boys") can often be very different things.

Isn't always the case, but there are enough women out there who will tease & toy & lead on, that you need to be careful and you need to be practical. Don't let yourself sit on a leash.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You have a date, thats great.

What's his name?
View Quote

lol that was almost funny.   her name is kristen and she is a real show stopper!  
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't wait until September for a date, for crying out loud!  That's nearly an eternity at your age.  You should have been out with four or five other women by then.

Call her right now and tell her that you want to go to the beach or something similar.  Rent a ski boat.  Take the Private Pilot check ride and take her flying (not mid-day; wait until evening when the air is smooth and the sunset is beautiful).

If she won't go out with you before the concert, she's just using you - ditch her now and save yourself the headache.

You still owe us a report on the waitress.
View Quote

we are going out this weekend too. i just mentioned the concert because thats gonna be a real big event.  but we are going to the movies after i work on Sat.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Make sure YOU end the date (leave her wanting more).

Smile, Eye contact, keep HER talking, all that stuff.

some will disagree with this, but...give her a big wet kiss at the end of the date. any girl who isnt ready to kiss you at the end of a good first date isnt into you for anything but your money.

ps
rent swingers & the tao of steve. women will deny it, but they respond to those kind of games.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#33]
A potato in the pants never hurt
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Whats all this preping for,just be yourself.   Its the real you she is going to see anyway,The other dude you are hoping to act like will long play out, as it will just be an act.

You'll do just fine if you just be yourself,when you get to know her better you may well find she is a real wild child and you are too tame for her!       Good luck    Bob   [8D]

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

unlike you i dont need a potato
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:00:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

unlike you i dont need a potato
View Quote

No, no, no.  The potato is supposed to go in the FRONT.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:07:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Heres some advice for you.... Dont try too hard. We can always tell. Just be funny, sweet and charming and look your best.  Be yourself. If she doesnt like you for who you really are then you shouldnt be with her. Youll do great, dont worry. Good luck!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The potato is supposed to go in the FRONT.
View Quote

Pass the towel! My monitor is dripping sprayed iced tea!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#39]
You wanted female advice, so here goes....above all, be yourself!  There's nothing more disappointing than finding out after you've invested a few months of your time and energy that the guy you started dating isn't the guy you end up dating.  Be a gentleman.  If you're not already a gentleman, start practicing now and don't stop.  Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, flowers are a nice touch.  I would recommend sending them AFTER your first date if you think you really like her.  That's much more effective than bringing them with you when you show up for the date.  If you bring them before you actually go out, it seems kind of fake.  If you send them after the date, it seems more like a compliment to her....that you enjoyed her company and want to see her again.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Well, you said you were raised with good manners.  If that's the case, just be yourself.  Most women can identify a phoney.

Other than that, the only other advice I'd recommend taking, is the one where you seat her with her back to the big screen TV.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#41]
This story has been played out a million times in my life. I have found out that someone that you really want to get to know is usually a big dissapointment once you do get to know them. Be yourself, be polite, but don't smooch her ass! Even if the date is going GREAT do something that will piss her off or she'll think your a pansie. I promise you this will work! The worst thing you can do for a woman is let them think you are a spineless turd, they will run all over you. Don't pay any attention to what the women tell you, any women will do it and leave you broke and lonely!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, flowers are a nice touch.
View Quote

Flowers? Yeah sure, you might as well bring chocolates and a wedding band to! You give a girl flowers to soon and you are going to seem over eager and she is gonna run.

It sucks that you have to play that game. But women want a challenge, so you have got to provide that challenge by acting disinterested.

It's really simple:
If you act interested she thinks "This guy is too eager, what wrong with him".

If you act disinterested she thinks: "Why doesnt he like me more, what wrong with me? I'll try harder."
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Chicks dig Iowa State Trooper uniforms.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Chicks dig Iowa State Trooper uniforms.
View Quote

darn....think they will go for my dad's old HPD uniform?  or maybe the old (blue) NYPD uniform i got when i was on vacation in New York?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, flowers are a nice touch.
View Quote

Flowers? Yeah sure, you might as well bring chocolates and a wedding band to! You give a girl flowers to soon and you are going to seem over eager and she is gonna run.

It sucks that you have to play that game. But women want a challenge, so you have got to provide that challenge by acting disinterested.

It's really simple:
If you act interested she thinks "This guy is too eager, what wrong with him".

If you act disinterested she thinks: "Why doesnt he like me more, what wrong with me? I'll try harder."
View Quote

I totally disagree.  But then, I'm just a WOMAN.  How am I supposed to know what WOMEN think and want?  [:X]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Well Im no romeo but here is what I learned from a few 1st dates.
As you walk up to pick her up: remember this (and recite it to youself) first dates are easy! When else will you have the opportunity for so many topics of conversation that have yet been untouched.

You can be nervous, I think women find that flattering. If the catch a hint of nervousness it indicates that you have enough interest and value in the other to warrent such emotions.

Back to the easy part: 1st dates are like gameshows. Even better because your not sitting with Bob Barker or Alex Trebek. You entertain each other by questions and responses. Since you are total strangers you get the fun of learning each other's pet peeves, interests, history, etc. In the process don't try to rule the conversation, if you are shy or introverted, that part is easy.
If you are not strangers, you can make conversation on a commonality shared between the two of you: school, locality, current local events and happenings, etc.
If there is a uncomforable silence; smile, giggle and maybe comment on it. Your both sharing in the event so be confident that she shares the same anxiety as you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top