Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2012 7:05:36 PM EDT
I seem to have gotten myself in a jam with Ranger. I did some research prior to ordering and found little on them. Now it is a big mess. What is the history on these guys? I do not see them on the overhead and a search brings up nothing much. What is the word on the street on how to deal with this outfit?
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...never heard of them, but that isn't saying much. So many companies have sprouted up lately that it's hard to keep track. Looking at the website I would figure it to be a small possibly home based dealer. Doesn't mean its bad. Just might mean that its run part time so communication may not be the best. So...what's the story so far? What problem you having?
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Who are you OP??  Nuke this thread and nuke the OP.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:17:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everybody. They do have a pretty website.
it isn't the first time I've made a stupid mistake.
Won't be the last.
Sorry to bother some of you with a post.
Its just if you want to know about cars you ask a mechanic.
There seems to be a lot of knowledge here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Fraud. I don't want to talk about it, for sure someone on here will cut me to pieces.
I just wondered if they are ripping others off.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fraud. I don't want to talk about it, for sure someone on here will cut me to pieces.
I just wondered if they are ripping others off.

That is a pretty serious accusation.

I hope that there are facts to back the charge of fraud up.

Details.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
in on one!
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Ordered twice from Ranger back around the big Obama AR rush of '08.  Ordered a complete 20" A2 upper and then a bolt and misc lower,buffer parts.  No problems at all.  Why are you thinking fraud?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:58:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think they are another place that resells Model 1 kits under their name.

That's enough to stop me from ever buying from them......

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#12]
My issues are resolved. I am sure it is just a misunderstanding. It could be due to back orders, tooling issues, labor issues, shipping issues, any number of things I am not aware of, on their end.
It is hard to tell what size of a business you are dealing with from a web-site. I understand small business does not often have the resources and staff need to compete with major dealers.
I retract fully all my previous statements.  A trip to my bank solved it all as far as I am concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top