Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2012 6:01:05 PM EDT
My wife is in there watching America's Got Talent and some girl and father, I think, sang a duet.  People are then standing and cheering like crazy at the end of the song.    It sounded like someone strangling a cat.  If they cannot sing, do not cheer them on.

At my kid's choir concerts, there are always a couple of girls singing solos and they suck, the only fair way to put it and yet people are always giving standing ovations.  Sometimes you can sing, sometimes you can't.  I feel like gouging my ears out at these concerts or when my wife watches these abominations.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Take the TV out of the kitchen.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand all this whargarble crap that passes for singing these days.  Especially when they do it to the national anthem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
People may not have even cheered. The cameramen constantly record the audience and dub in the video as they see fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top