Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2002 4:29:52 PM EDT
So...
Has anyone else ever done this to any extreme degree before? I have about 70# to shed, 80 ideally.
I have lost 22# since the BRC, and it's only been a little over a month or so... Which is pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I think a lot of it has to do with my being pretty obsessive-compulsive with whatever I do. I have been eating like Calista Flockhardt and exercising like a slave since I got home from the BRC, with my goal being down to my ideal weight by the next BRC. I am being told that the weight loss will slow down dramatically after the first 2 months or so, which i'm sure is true. At this rate, I would weigh less than a 12 year old girl this time next year, so i'm sure it slows.

Does anyone have any good tips?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So...
Has anyone else ever done this to any extreme degree before? I have about 70# to shed, 80 ideally.
I have lost 22# since the BRC, and it's only been a little over a month or so... Which is pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I think a lot of it has to do with my being pretty obsessive-compulsive with whatever I do. I have been eating like Calista Flockhardt and exercising like a slave since I got home from the BRC, with my goal being down to my ideal weight by the next BRC. I am being told that the weight loss will slow down dramatically after the first 2 months or so, which i'm sure is true. At this rate, I would weigh less than a 12 year old girl this time next year, so i'm sure it slows.

Does anyone have any good tips?
View Quote

That is nearly a pound a day. WAYYY too quick. 10 to 1 says you gain it all back (and then some).

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. See, my weight gain was a recent thing.
I spent like a year doing absolutley nothing but sitting on my ass, playing on websites, and eating copious amounts of fast food.

When I take it off, I will be back to my "normal self"...
It isn't like losing weight will turn me into a being I am not familliar with.
Part of the reason it is coming off so quick is I am returning to my old routine.. I am a pretty active person (Or at least, was), so the exercise isn't a foriegn thing to me. Plus, I have been surfing almost daily, and that is the best exercise in the world. No gym can beat it.
I just want it off QUICK so I can get back to my normal MO.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell me about it.
Since I got fat, my calf muscles look like something out of a damn science fiction movie.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back.  Got a new computer? [:)]

I lost 45lbs. once.  Took me about six months of really working at it.  I ate cereal two meals of the day, worked on my portion control for the other.  It is amazing how little it takes to sustain us.  I began to ran and after two months was up to five miles a night (I ran from about 10-10:40pm) five nights a week.  Of course I was much younger then so that helped.  

BTW- The first pounds come of easy, it is those last ten to twenty that are the bitch.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Nah.
They just got some PC's at the homeless shelter where I live [;)]

The first pounds come of easy, it is those last ten to twenty that are the bitch.
View Quote

That's what everyone keeps telling me...
I can live with being 10# over. But EVERYONE tells me that the last leg of the journey is the roughest.
2 pounds a week type crap...

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Last October I hit 230#!
Most I've ever weighed in my life!!. I've weighed mostly between 180-190 my adult life. I'm 5'11", medium build. Practiced various martial arts my whole life, so I am in fairly decent shape for an old man (approaching 40 real fast!!) I've got a good back and strong legs. The last couple years I'd gotten lazy and fat, though.

I'd been watching my weight gradually creep up, but always figured it'd get back in line (it didn't).  When I saw 230 on the scales I said "enough!".

I began taking [url=http://www.ghr-15.com/]GHR-15[/url], [url=http://www.am300.com/]AM-300[/url], I got off Mountain Dew and drank ONLY water. I would ONLY eat the "low fat subs" at Subway. I also began to take  [url=http://www.nutrasense.com/chitosan.html]Chitosan[/url] with EVERY MEAL.

That was my regimen.

The First Six days I lost 10 pounds!!
I Lost an average of ONE POUND per day after that until I hit 190. EVERY day I weighed as soon as I woke up (after taking a piss), to see ONE POUND LESS from the previous day at the same time. What was real funny is that one of my clients is a weight loss clinic and I was building a website (during this same time) for them and they were advertising that they could make you lose TWO POUNDS per WEEK with their "military style regimen"!!

At 190, I began eating other foods besides the low fat Subway meals.

I lost an average of 1/2 pound every day thereafter until I hit 180. Then it took 3-4 days to lose 1/2 pound. I was satisfied at 180, and began eating "normal" meals (Fried Chicken, Burgers, Steak, etc...) at that point.

My weight has been stable at 185-187 (back and forth) pounds for the last several months.

I STILL take the Chitosan with each meal, since it almost guarantees I will not get indigestion, or heartburn.

I still take the [url=http://www.am300.com/]AM-300[/url], but at half strength doses, since it is such a great source of energy.

I also still take the [url=http://www.ghr-15.com/]GHR-15[/url] and fill better than I have since I was a teenaqer. No shit.

[url=http://www.nutrasense.com/chitosan.html]Chitosan[/url] is processed Chitin. Chitin is, basically, powdered seashells. I was once an Area Training Manager for a large Fast Food Franchisee. We used Chitin every night to remove the fat from the shortening in the fryers, so when I read about this product I knew it would do what it was advertised to do. It is also a great source of Marine Fiber.

All during my "diet" I never went hungry, and felt great all the time. The biggest deal was getting used to WATER instead of Mtn Dew. When I started the [url=http://www.am300.com/]AM-300[/url], it made me "crave" water, so it got a LOT easier at that point.

I dont know if it was the combination of all these products that worked so great for me or if I wasted my money on two of them. I DO know it worked though. I embedded links to each product if you want to check them out. I usually go "overboard" in everything I do. My dad didn't raise a shy kid, so you may want to take it a bit easier than I did.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to be 245 pounds and now I am 215 pounds right now but, Now I can't lose any more. I would like to get to 180 lbs. I have now stared to run about 1.5 miles four days a week at the gym.  I can't think of anything else to do to get rid of the weight  
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#12]

McCuzi...

Not to burst your bubble...  but, it will never be normal again for you..

Plain and simple, you fucked up..

Take it from an overweight ex body builder..

The fat you have gained over the year is for life..  for you to put on fat, new fat cells had to be made.. Now when you loose your weight, you are depleting the size of your new fat cells.. they never go away...  it's a lot easier to blow up your new existing fat cells again. You don't have to build them, just blow them up..  get it ?  

You will never be like you were before as you put it "normal"

You will now have to work at staying slim for the rest of your life... which is not a problem. You'll be on a maintenance diet after you have achieved your desired weight loss. You just have to rethink your eating behavior for life

Good Luck... [:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I've gone from 313 last August to 217 now.  I'm 6'-3" tall.  I still have/want to lose 17 more pounds.  The last 17 will take another 8 months at the rate I'm going now! [:(!]

I'm wanting to get into the US Border Patrol.  I have my last hurdle to jump this coming week (oral interview) and then it is a hurry up and wait game.

Congrats on the weight loss and good luck to you!

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis!![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm losing some too.  Doing the Atkins diet.  About 20+ lbs down too.  Started about a month before the BRC.  Got another 30 to go.

AFARR
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm losing some too.  Doing the Atkins diet.  About 20+ lbs down too.  Started about a month before the BRC.  Got another 30 to go.
AFARR
View Quote

Started Atkins with my fiancé last Tuesday.  I've lost 10 pounds so far, and she's lost 8.  I'm sure most of it's water right now during this first week, though, but our energy level is skyrocketing.

I've also noticed that my typical aches and pains that I just dealt with beforehand aren't even around anymore.

...and I really enjoy these steak dinners, bacon and egg breakfasts, and large salads with garlic red wine vinegar dressing!  Yum!

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I lost 4 pounds in one day. It was painfull and most average people couldn't do it like I did. If your an exceptional man you might be able to do it like I did.

I got circumsized.

I was told once that if I wanted to lose 30 pounds of ugly useless fat that I should cut off my head. What did they mean by that?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#18]
the_reject

"Started Atkins with my fiancŽ last Tuesday. I've lost 10 pounds so far, and she's lost 8. I'm sure most of
                        it's water right now during this first week, though, but our energy level is skyrocketing.

I've also noticed that my typical aches and pains that I just dealt with beforehand aren't even around
                        anymore."

The main reason why Atkins works so well is that that majority of people are O Blood Type.  "O" types thrive on high protein low carbohydrate and the ache and pain loss is typical.  If you're interested there is a Blood Type Diet site  [url]www.dadamo.com[/url] that explains it.  Of course the reason it works so well for about 50% means that it DOESN'T work for the other half.  "A's" typically can be vegetarian and thrive.  It made sense to me, and the wife, who like a lot of women wanted to be a semi-vegetarian for PC and weight reasons, is happy with it also.  Losing weight requires a combination of exercise and diet although this diet can keep you in equilibrium with a little effort.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#19]
You might try getting an intestinal parasite.  I knew a person that had very good luck staying slim with his worm.  I think he has it in a bottle now on his mantle or something.  Don't remember how long the worm was when he finally had it removed
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You might try getting an intestinal parasite.  I knew a person that had very good luck staying slim with his worm.  I think he has it in a bottle now on his mantle or something.  Don't remember how long the worm was when he finally had it removed
View Quote

AnimalVet.. LOL...  I remember hearing about a weight loss pill that was gaurenteed to work.. After you reached your desired weight loss, it was mandatory you take a few last pills.. called tapering off..  some people skipped the last pills and they kept loosing weight. Come to find out they were given a tape worm and the last pills were to kill it... [rolleyes]
This happened in the 70's?  

Edited to add...   Ed, LOL.. You and your Rocky Music... [:)]

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#21]
wieght loss is like strength gain, it happens fast and then slows. The trick to weight loss is to cut most fat and all non-natural sugars. fat like olive oil and peanut oil and fish oil is actually good for you. vegtable oil is extreamly bad for you. start eating six half meals a day instead of 3 whole meals. natural sugar like those found in fruits and such are good for you. other added sugars are bonded together differently on a molecular level making them more likly to turn into fat. when I was loosing weight I cut my fat to 14 grams a day and my non-natural sugar to nothing. The fat just falls off then. Don't forget to go running.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The main reason why Atkins works so well is that that majority of people are O Blood Type.  "O" types thrive on high protein low carbohydrate and the ache and pain loss is typical.  If you're interested there is a Blood Type Diet site  [url]www.dadamo.com[/url] that explains it.  Of course the reason it works so well for about 50% means that it DOESN'T work for the other half.  "A's" typically can be vegetarian and thrive.  It made sense to me, and the wife, who like a lot of women wanted to be a semi-vegetarian for PC and weight reasons, is happy with it also.  Losing weight requires a combination of exercise and diet although this diet can keep you in equilibrium with a little effort.
View Quote

Well, that explains things, since I am type O+.  [:D]

Though, my fiancé is type A+ and is doing very well on the diet also.

Oh, and we haven't exercised much more than usual (read: none, really) since starting the diet.  We both stay pretty busy with work and our hobbies, so finding time to exercise is kinda hard.  We are going to start a little aerobics once we've lost about 20lbs each, and that should crank up the fat burn rate at about the time it begins to slow down.

I'm not really having any problems with Atkins, with the exception of missing milk for this first phase.  My fiancé, however, used to eat tons of candy while at work, so she's working her way through a physical sugar withdrawal.  It's getting better, though, so there seems to be no reason to stop and give up now!

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#23]
There are a number of interesting items in the Dadamo research. For example,

[url]www.dadamo.com/disease3.htm[/url]

"Actually, we do know what gene would "putatively" assist in NO (nitrous oxide)function and would be influenced by ABO genetics. It codes for an enzyme unfortunately abbreviated "ASS." ASS stands for argininosuccinate synthetase, an enzyme which recycles arginine from citrulline in the production of NO. The ABO locus is so closely positioned to the ASS locus, they literally sit on top of the other!"

Well, how's your argininosuccinate synthetase doing?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

McUZI,I can hear the ROCKY music as you trim your weight down to fight me in the next BRC![:D]
View Quote

Better take your calcium old man.
Wouldn't want you to break a hip while i'm whuppin on ya [:p][;)][:D]

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, that explains things, since I am type O+.  [:D]

Though, my fiancé is type A+ and is doing very well on the diet also.

Oh, and we haven't exercised much more than usual (read: none, really) since starting the diet.  We both stay pretty busy with work and our hobbies, so finding time to exercise is kinda hard.  We are going to start a little aerobics once we've lost about 20lbs each, and that should crank up the fat burn rate at about the time it begins to slow down.

I'm not really having any problems with Atkins, with the exception of missing milk for this first phase.  My fiancé, however, used to eat tons of candy while at work, so she's working her way through a physical sugar withdrawal.  It's getting better, though, so there seems to be no reason to stop and give up now!

the_reject
View Quote

You will also notice a nice drop in your cholesterol.  I went from a cholesterol reading of over 220, to below 190.  Blood pressure dropped as well, and I stopped having indigestion.  I have O+ as well and my body does well on protein but not on carbohydrates (bread, potatos, sweets, starches, etc.).  I eat alot of fresh green vegetables (not canned, pasturization destroys natural enzymes in the vegetables), with my 12-16 oz steak!!!  Noraml breakfast is 4-5 pieces of bacon with three eggs.  

Went from 340 down to 260.  Want to be around the 210-220 range.

Akins has developed a special "chocolat" bar that has less than 2g carbs/bar.  They come in crunchy and peanut.  Look into them.  They helped quench my "sweet tooth!"
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, fortunately, my cravings no longer last as long as they once did - used to be that I would have to satisfy that craving before it truly went away.  My fiancé is doing really well now.  Her sugar cravings have gone, her appetite is shrinking, she no longer has severe hunger pangs before meals.

This morning, I had a 3 minute craving for some Oreos.  Don't know why, really, since I don't like 'em that much.  [:)]

It's also giving me a great chance to show off my mad cooking skizzillz to my fiancé - we've had hamburger steaks, sirloin steaks, hobo dinners, omelets, portobella mushroom pizzas, and last night, I grilled up some seasoned chicken breasts, cut 'em up, and topped our salad with 'em.  Delish.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
the_reject

"Started Atkins with my fiancŽ last Tuesday. I've lost 10 pounds so far, and she's lost 8. I'm sure most of
                        it's water right now during this first week, though, but our energy level is skyrocketing.

I've also noticed that my typical aches and pains that I just dealt with beforehand aren't even around
                        anymore."

View Quote

The blood diet is a joke.  Don't follow it.  Talk to a real doctor about it and they'll probably laugh in your face...
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I am also training hard.I can already do 2 pushups and 4 and 1/2 sit-ups!
You can't win.You know you can't win! [;)]
View Quote

OH YEAH?!?!??!

WELL I CAN RUN AT LEAST 100 FEET BEFORE I START WHEEZING AND HAVE TO SMOKE A CIGARETTE, AND I CAN LIFT TWO! BOXES OF DOUGHNUTS WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT!!!

BEAT THAT!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

(And I will win. I'll be glad to show ya why size really DOES matter [:p][:p] )
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#31]
You take you cigarette out when running? A real man can have it hanging like Keith Richards when running down to the liqueur store!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Last March I posted here about how I had a high cholesterol problem.  Read all the advice given, and I started out exercising every day for at least an hour.  Also cut back on bad food (McDonalds, pizza, etc.).  Cut out all excess sugar and carbohydrates.  Concentrated on protient and low-fat foods, fruit, vegetables.  I have lost about 32 pounds since mid-March.  If I lose another 10 I will have no fat at all around my middle.  Cholesterol is way down but my HDL is still too low (below 40).  

I think I have been to McDonalds twice since March and had pizza three times.  I am feeling good and in the best shape I have been since college.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#33]
McUZI

Don't make the same mistake most folks make. Folks think they gotta EAT LESS to lose weight, which will work in the SHORT TERM. But what you are actually doing by eating less food, less often, is SLOWING your metabloism down.

WHat you want to do (if keeping the weight off and keeping your body healthy is a concern) is EAT MORE. You want to get up to 4-5 meals per day. And, you want to get your water intake up to around a gallon per day.

By EATING MORE and more often, you force your body to deal with that food, thereby INCREASING your metabolism.

Just a thought.

Edited to add, of course, you also have to add some sort of physical exercise to your daily regimen, too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I'm kind of going through the same thing. I've kind of hit bottom, and I certainly am tired of it. I am just under 6', and am at around 275 lbs. I've realized that if I don't do something, I'm not only going to be a friggin' time bomb with the the possibility of diabetes, heart attacks, and just plain being miserable.

A friend of mine told me about the  [url=http://bodyforlife.com/]Body For Life[/url] program that he did. The results for him weren't as [b]completely[/b] dramatic as some of the folks on that board were...but they were very dramatic. 12 weeks of serious excersize and changing my eating habits might be hard...but no one else is going to do it for me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I also need to get off my ass and do something.I used to play all sorts a sports and hike and things like that.Last coupla years I just been going to work and doing more sedintary things like playing on the computer.

I'm 5-10 bout 300 and I do have alot of little aches and pains,which ironicly seem to dissapear when I get some regular excercise.

The thought off lazzing my way into a serious desease like diabetes kinda scares me.I have relatives that have gone blind and had feet amputated(as senior citizens).Maybe this thread can motivate me?!

Oh......and guys,please don't say things like......delish.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I also need to get off my ass and do something.I used to play all sorts a sports and hike and things like that.Last coupla years I just been going to work and doing more sedintary things like playing on the computer.

I'm 5-10 bout 300 and I do have alot of little aches and pains,which ironicly seem to dissapear when I get some regular excercise.

The thought off lazzing my way into a serious desease like diabetes kinda scares me.I have relatives that have gone blind and had feet amputated(as senior citizens).Maybe this thread can motivate me?!

Oh......and guys,please don't say things like......delish.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well, I'm kind of going through the same thing. I've kind of hit bottom, and I certainly am tired of it. I am just under 6', and am at around 275 lbs. I've realized that if I don't do something, I'm not only going to be a friggin' time bomb with the the possibility of diabetes, heart attacks, and just plain being miserable.

A friend of mine told me about the  [url=http://bodyforlife.com/]Body For Life[/url] program that he did. The results for him weren't as [b]completely[/b] dramatic as some of the folks on that board were...but they were very dramatic. 12 weeks of serious excersize and changing my eating habits might be hard...but no one else is going to do it for me.
View Quote

My fiancé and I tried one of those "body boot camp" products.  Yeah, they probably do work, but for someone out of shape (like us), they were really hard to get into, and we just ended up giving up on them and tryng something else.

You might want to check in a low carb diet like the Atkins diet, and then gradually add in the exercise.  That's what I'm doing now - 3 weeks ago, I was 6'6" and 260.  Now, I'm still 6'6" [:)], but I weighed in at 240 this morning.

the_reject
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top