Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 1:24:43 PM EDT
Arrived before opening and waited in a long ticket line.

Very crowded and the heat and humidity didn't help very much.

Numerous signs posted informing civilians that undercover law enforcement would be wandering the show looking for lawbreakers.

Waited around NRA booth and got to meet some people I have only known from online- Mr. B and Mr. M. Mr. B and his wife were very cordial, even buying me a beer. No sign of any hostile terroristic threat talking cyberstalkers.

Wandered around and noticed that ammo prices were going down while prices on everything else was going up. For example, some cleaning supplies were actually a couple dollars more than can be had at the local fun store.

Bought a dog shirt and a duffle bag. Mr. B found me a used excellent condition Harris bench rest swivel bipod for a really good price.

Gave a $5 donation to GOA.

I was shocked not to see ONE beef jerky or beanie baby vendor in the entire show!

Some nice womenz, but as usual came attached to some angry looking guys.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
What show BROG?

-White Horse
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
A swivel benchrest Harris bipod, [Red]WOW![/red][;)] your really going All* out on the 10-22,my friend!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What, no Kettle Korn?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
i went to the show in norcross,ga. today saw russian bulk packed 7.62 for 69.99 per thousand.
i had some of this stuff years ago and it was good ammo to bad i don't have anymore weaponzzzzzzzzz.
rescue93
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought of going to that show but no $$$.[:(]Then I thought. Hell I work part time selling guns, I can get everything for wholesale.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Big Town show, Mesquite, TX:

The doors opened at 0900 and the line was nearly to the end of the building when I showed up at 1000. The parking lot was damn near full.

I picked up the new Small Arms Review: "The Silencer Issue," an old Army TM and a Comp-Tac combo carrier for my SureFire and a 1911 mag:

[img]www.comp-tac.com/images/combo/DSCN0059_big.jpg[/img]

South African .223 in 200 round battlepacks for $39 plus tax.

I saw a guy selling a nearly new M1A Scout model that sported a cool handguard with a Picatinny rail in it, for extended eye relief scope mounting. Very sexy. I didn't catch a price on that item. He said he was selling it to finance an FN-FAL.

One guy had a big container of very-little-finish-remaining G3/CETME/HK-91 mags for $10 each.

Arock, Badd_Brad, Energizer, EricTheHun, ilikelegs, lordtrader and myself hooked up at noon for lunch at On The Border. Mmmmmmm.... Borderita Grande.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No sign of any hostile terroristic threat talking cyberstalkers.
View Quote
You weren't looking hard enough.
Quoted:
Gave a $5 donation to GOA.
View Quote
Sucker.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
My Fun Show report:

Purchased two perfect .50 cal. cans for $4.00 each.  
Enfield .303 jungle carbine with sharp rifling.  (It was redone by Gibbs)  
100 rounds of .303 non-corrosive berdan throw-away ammo.
4 .303 stripper clips for the Enfield.  

I was very happy to find the rifle since I had been wanting one of these for a long while.  I will issue a range report after my first trip to the range.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/vt/milsurp/images/no5.jpg[/url]
[:)]

-White Horse

Edited link to pic of similar rifle.  Mine has a metal guard around the back sight and a brass buttplate.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Beekeeper:

My wife has the new .308 to keep her busy for a while.  She shouldn't be bothering me for a while.

-White Horse

p.s.  Please send us your address.  Lupa would like to send a bottle of Mead your way when it's done.  Just don't expect a bottle until some time around Christmas tho', she likes hers to age properly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Imb.,

What happened?  Nobody kicked your ass? All that callin' people out for nothing. [:P]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't go to shows anymore.
They have become nothing more than a bunch of morons who have discovered buying via the the internet selling overprived wares to a bunch of morons who haven't discovered buying via the internet.

Now and then, you find some good "this-and-that" type stuff, and the occasionial good deal from a guy walking the floor...
But they have become a total waste of tome around here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#14]
ALCOHOL ??? At the Funshow ?  Were they selling TOBACCO products also ?  I thought that they only sold FIREARMS (and beef jerky and scented candles).
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't go to shows anymore.
They have become nothing more than a bunch of morons who have discovered buying via the the internet selling overprived wares to a bunch of morons who haven't discovered buying via the internet.

Now and then, you find some good "this-and-that" type stuff, and the occasionial good deal from a guy walking the floor...
But they have become a total waste of tome around here.
View Quote
I only go for the ammo. Sometimes better deals than even Ammoman. Even with the parking/enterance fees.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey Imb.,

What happened?  Nobody kicked your ass? All that callin' people out for nothing. [:P]
View Quote

All I did was challenge people to go to the fun show and show support for the 2nd Amendment. And I get physical threats for that, geez.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Imb.,

View Quote

All I did was challenge people to go to the fun show and show support for the 2nd Amendment. And I get [red]physical threats [/red]for that, geez.
View Quote

Hmmmm...
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=131466&page=1[/url]

Seems to me that NO ONE in your "challenge" thread ever threatened you.

You must stop listening to the voices coming from your Danny O'Day doll.

[img]http://www.the-forum.com/toys/images/danny.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You must stop listening to the voices coming from your Danny O'Day doll.

[img]http://www.the-forum.com/toys/images/danny.jpg[/img]
View Quote

That looks more like the Danny O'[b][i]Gay[/i][/b] Ready For Oral Action Doll.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top