Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 8:26:17 AM EDT
I have always wondered how come I get some stupid computer company in North Kakalaki instead of Nissan Motor Company when I use ....nissan.com.  Now I know.
People like this guy make me sick. He dosen't have the common sense that God gave a goat. Ya think that he might have at least put up a nice big disclaimer and a big link to Nissan MC on his home page.
What kills me is that he has a web page where he does nothing but whine, snivel piss and moan about Nissan MC.
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28276[/url]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
It's his last name.  He registered the domain name first.  And he has a disclaimer:

[img]http://atreides.dynip.com/nissan.jpg[/img]

He has every right to use the domain name.  He's not squatting - he's using it for a legitimate business.  Nissan MC is a bunch of raging assholes for suing for 10mil in damages.  If they wanted the damn thing, they should have had the foresight to register the name in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
From the article that you posted, i come to the opinion that he has a right to the name, after all, it is his legal name, and he registered it first. He also used it in a business, not just to screw Nissan Motors.

I listened to a radio interview of him on a local radio talk show about therr weeks ago, an automotive show no less, and he came across very well. His story of his treatment by the lawers of the motor company basically was of attempts to buy the domain name, then of threats. Basically, when he told them "Not for a million dollars" was when they filed the squatting lawsuit.

What is your beef with him? Does he not have a right to his name because a Big Business wants it? Even if he usd it for years efore they wanted it? Should he have to change his name? Not like his freedom of speech on his webpage? Just not like the little man? Please tell , I'm curious.... fullclip
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]
There are plenty of cases decided against the bearers of a family name and for the company of the same name, like shell.de, krupp.de, suhl.de (OK, so they are all German cases).
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are plenty of cases decided against the bearers of a family name and for the company of the same name, like shell.de, krupp.de, suhl.de (OK, so they are all German cases).
View Quote

Was this even when they were using the name in a legit business????? fullclip
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Was this even when they were using the name in a legit business????? fullclip
View Quote

Can't remember, I think they used them as family homepage (my poodle, my favorite beerstein, my Volkswagen). All combinations of _my_ family name are gone too, btw., including .tv, .org, .net, and variations of spelling and combinations with other words. All gone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, I believe the guy has a legit business and use for the name. It's his... fullclip
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Great just what we need, American citizen's giving Japanese corporations the benefit of the doubt.

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#8]
The Anti Squater law went into effect to protect large companies like Nissan Motors from having confusion with Israelis like Mr. Nissan.  Fuck em, I hope Nissan Motors gets the domain name.  Does anyone in their right mind think that when someone wants to buy a computer, that they type in Nissan.com?  

Come on, how about some common sense on this one!  I'm betting this prick tried to sell the name for far more than Nissan Motors would pay and they started the suit.  

Good for Nissan Motors!  
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great just what we need, American citizen's giving Japanese corporations the benefit of the doubt.

View Quote

Read the article, he's a fucking Israeli.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
People like this guy make me sick. He dosen't have the common sense that God gave a goat.
View Quote

Are you an idiot?  Why does this guy make you sick.  He legally registered the name of his business as his domain.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Read the article, he's a fucking Israeli.
View Quote

I'm talking about USNJoe.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Uzi Nissan registered first, the domain is his. Nissan Motors is acting like a whiny little girl.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Nissan MC should stop crying. they should have had the vision that the internet would be important someday. they snooze, they lose.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is a few domain names that have not been snatched up by anybody yet, so nissan motors is free to take them.

[url]www.nissanhasalotofmoneysoletsgivethemwhatevertheywant.com[/url]

[url]www.nissanisabigimportantcompanyandhowdareyoulittlefuckingantsgetintheirway.com[/url]

[url]www.nissantriedtobuyhimoutbuthevalueshislastnamemorethanmoneysotheywentcryingtothejudicalsystemsotheycouldgettheirway.com[/url]

hehe, see if you can decipher that mess.[:D]

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#16]
From what I've heard, apparantly it started out as an ad site, but was later cleaned up. Also, after Nissan first contacted him about the site he ignored them and instead decided to register nissan.net as well. He also claims that his name is protected as "nissan" is some ancient hebrew thing, but that word is nisan, not nissan. He also says that he started a company with the name Nissan in 1987, and he claims that at that time Nissan was still known as Datsun. Well interestingly enough, Nissan stopped going by the name "Datsun" in America in 1984. So much for that argument.

Yeah, he sure sounds like just a poor guy knocked around by one of those eeevil foreign corporations. And let's be honest: nobody goes to nissan.com looking for computers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
So.. Lets get this straight.

USNjoe really doesn't like it because it's inconvinent to type extra letters or search for the correct addy..

Balzac72 doesn't like them because they are Israeli's...

So where does fair play and justice come in??
Just wait until the Hun finds this one!!! Come on in Eric.... Fullclip

edited cause I can't spell
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Screw Nissan MC. What a bunch of whiny pukes. I hope the little guy prevails here.

Uzi Nissan is using the domain name for perfectly legitimate business purposes. I can't believe anyone here would sugest that we don't have a right to register and use our own names as domains.

Anyone else read the part where Nissan used eminent domain to gain property on which to build a new plant in Mississippi? How would any of you like being forced off your own property and likely paid less than market value just so Nissan can build their riceburners on it? They sound like a bunch of assholes.

Those of you cheering for Nissan would probably turn around and scream bloody murder if Colt sued the Avilla's for unauthorized use of the registered trademark "AR15" as a domain name.

The company I work for, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway, successfully sued a disgruntled former employee who had registered the domains bnsf.com, bnsf.net, and bnsf.org and was using them purely to harrass and embarrass the company. If Uzi Nissan were doing that to Nissan MC, I could see the merit of the lawsuit. But that simply isn't the case here. This is a perfect example of why we need tort reform. When Nissan MC loses the lawsuit, they should have to pay this guy for all incurred legal expenses and lost earnings.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Heh! I got more responses over a damn URL than I did over my rant about Barbara BoxWhore.

Yes, I am a lazy fuck and I am proud to admit it. Why run when you can walk. Why walk when you can stand. Why stand when you can sit. Why sit when you can lay down.

He only put up that Nissan disclaimer AFTER NMC went after their name. Also, most of this URL stuff happened after Nissan was going under and was bailed out by Renault.

Like I said, my biggest complaint is that Uzi Nissan dosen't have a nice big clickable link to NMC on the webpage.

The guy is riding on the coat tails of Nissan Motor Company. I live in Washington State so why would I (as someone who has never ever heard of Nissan Computers) want to look up a computer store in North Kakalaki when I want to look up Nissan cars.

What will happen is that Uzi Nissan will get to keep Nissan, and then some behind the doors horse trading will take place and that good ole boy Uzi will be out of both the Nissan Computer biz and the Nissan.com URL biz.

ARndog, they look good to me. I wonder if Uzi asked Nissan to buy Nissan.com from him for a couple mil and to register Nissancomputers.com for him if they would do it.  

HA! nissancomputerco.com and nissancomputer.us is avalible. I might buy one and start up a Nissan Owners of America against one dumb hick in North Kakalaki.

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So.. Lets get this straight.

USNjoe really doesn't like it because it's inconvinent to type extra letters or search for the correct addy..

Balzac72 doesn't like them because they are Israeli's...

So where does fair play and justice come in??
Just wait until the Hun finds this one!!! Come on in Eric.... Fullclip

edited cause I can't spell
View Quote

I don't like this guy because I'm sure Nissan made offers that were rejected in wait of a better and extravagent offer.  I don't like this guy, because he is an Israeli, you're damn right.

Wolfpack's comment:
[b]If Nissan Motors wants it bad enough, I'm sure they can afford to pay him handsomly for it. My price would be about 15-20 mil. [/b]

Is exactly why the anti squating laws were put in place.  It is all about gouging the corporation or celebrity, who wasn't fast enough.  Did you notice in the article that this guy is going bankrupt because of the law suit?  Why do you suppose that is?  He's sitting on a domain that Nissan will get and he figures that his investment in the name is worth more than his investment in his company.  Its not about principle to him, its about the bottom line.  Reasonable offers were made to him and they were rejected.  I hope Nissan Motors cleans up and leaves this asshole with nothing but his dick in hand.

When was the last time Israelis brought anything to this country?  Nissan employs many many US citizens.  This guy is simply a parasite.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Balzac, I give you this, you're honest about how you feel. I respect that... fullclip
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Nissan MC is acting ridiculous.

If some company wanted my_last_name.com and I wouldn't sell and they take me to court I would be furious. If a person will sell for a price, then it should be squatting... but if he says sorry not for sale? guess what. no case, he's not trying to screw anyone. [b] This is another fine example of politicians and lawyers making laws about something of which they have [red]NO[/red] clue![/b]

Company rights are superseding the rights of an individual - Fuck that.

Now I'm pissed, time to get a beer
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I side with Nissan, Uzi that is.

He states in large print on the first page that he is not affiliated with Nissan Motor Company, and even provides the correct address.  I really don't think that a guy selling computers would benefit from having people searching for cars come to his site.  If the guy was a car dealer, they might have a point.

If I had a domain that was my last name and some big company with the same name decided to create a website and didn't like that I got to the name first, I would tell them to fuck off.  And frankly, it wouldn't God damn matter if I had nothing more than pictures of Stinky my dog and my gun collection, I still got their first.  You snooze you lose.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Personally I am on the side of the Israeli. Big corporations are a big pain and that is putting it nicely, and some not so big businesses are also on the scummy. McDonald's has harassed and taken to court people who have used the name McDonald's in referring to other restaurants even if that is the persons name. One such case took place in England and I watched a report about it on TV and the reporter went to Scotland and talked to the head of the Clan McDonald and he told the reporter that businesses are supposed to ask the Clan Leader for permission to use the Clan Name and that McDonald’s had not. And in my area a few years ago a man used his own name on his restaurant, Walter’s Roast Beef and later when a local business man opened up a Walt’s Roast Beef Franchise he sued the owner of Walters’s Roast Beef which had been there before Walt’s had opened. In this instance the owner of Walter’s Roast Beef prevailed and won the case over the franchise owner.  Big business has a tendency to run rough shod over people.

Another case in point that doesn’t involve the use of a name happened to a local man, it seems a big company bought a dirt road from a town to keep any other businesses from being able to use the land at the end of the road. But this man had a little problem the road was the only way he could get to some property he owned, and now since there are no trespassing signs on the road he can not get to his property to hunt. I told him if I was in his position I would use the darn road anyway since no one would keep me off my property and if any one tried then that would be just to bad for them.  

And how about the guy who had almost the same phone number as a local pizza franchise and kept getting the phone call that were meant for the pizza place. The guy had the number for a long time before the pizza place opened up so he had it first and but the pizza place refused to change their number since that was the number that all their pizza places used or it was like dial perfect pizza or some thing like that I don’t remember which. The guy did have the last laugh though, he just took the order for the pizza and of course the pizza never showed so they kept calling back until they got the real pizza place and guess what happened. I caused a lot of bad PR for the pizza place and a lost of money since if the pizza is not on time you get a dollar off or free pizza whatever.

And this Disney has even threatened to sue a day care center because they had Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck on the way of the day care center. Big business sucks.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like the guy was the first out of the gate. If they want it then they should give him what he wants for it. First come first serve!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What kills me is that he has a web page where he does nothing but whine, snivel piss and moan about Nissan MC.
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28276[/url]
View Quote

I saw his whining, sniveling, pissing and moaning page.

Can anyone tell us if the US flag was there before the big Nissan debacle was added to his page?

I think he had to throw this one in to make it look like he didn't filter the bad comments out.

I think the Jew Should give the name back to Nissan Motor Company, because motor company is more popular and everyone around the world need to access it. Who cares about the little computer company. They are not even popular.
Jose Martini
View Quote

I think he will lose.

From another site that wasn't linked from UZI's computer site:

"As the court found, Uzi Nissan is 'selling confusion,'" said David Schindler, attorney for Nissan Motors, in an e-mail interview. "Thousands of people arrive at nissan.com everyday looking for Nissan, the car company, not Nissan Computer or Uzi Nissan. He generates revenue by diverting these people to numerous advertisers, including auto advertisers, who pay him per click-through."
View Quote

Guess he does have something to lose.  Click through advertiser payments.  I think he took the "auto advertisers" banner clickety ads off his site before this whole mess brewed.  After all, that wouldn't throw support in his favor now would it?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top