Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2002 7:06:51 PM EDT
I thought I'd add my thoughts to this since alot of people are bitchen bout those grocery store "club cards"

I work in the grocery business and I can tell you that we are rapidly moving towards a cashless exchange.My store will only give $10 dollars back on personal checks at this time and I've heard we'll eventually go to cash,debit/credit only.No checks.We also call in every travelers check(real inconvenient)to make sure its not fake.My company will be starting a program within a month to allow people to pay with their CLUBCARDS.So your bank account will be hooked into your clubcard.  YAAAYYYY!!!(the sheeple will love it!)

And lots of people are letting their bill collectors tap into their bank accounts with auto type charging as a "convenience"Something I will never do willingly.I don't want every business in town with access to my bank account.

Anyhow I spose grocers are first to do this cause evryones gotta eat whether they like it or not.

I'm sure your all familiar with the stated reasons for going cashless.Criminals can't execute transactions.Who would mug people if they carried no cash.Personally I believe its mostly so you cannot hide any transaction from the taxman.Say goodby to private,tax free commerse under the governments radar.Also the banks will love this cause  the money never leaves their hands.they just zap #s from bank to bank and there wouln't be a dollar of currency out there that they could not use towards their own profit.

The crime angle doesn't really work.Here in Washington they got rid of the actual cash type foodstamps(cause people sell them) and instead issued these people debit cards that they recharge every month with a fresh cash and food only balance.They have to use a pin # to make it work,but people still come in with other people's cards and exchange them in the checkstand.

Anyhow,cashless is really scary to me.once you can't have your own wealth in your phisical possession,your at the mercy of everybody with access to a government/bank terminal.Not to mention the diabolical "# of the BEAST" scenario.And the government can make this happen.In the 30's FDR ordered everyone to turn in their gold at the governments price.They made gold useless and possession illegal.

IMO its damn near inevitable.With technology taking the place of files I can see the day that one "smart card" is the key to all our business,medical,financial and legal history.The march of "progress"is relentless.

Any ideas on slowing this trend or stopping it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The main reason is that the bank has to give the go-nogo on your card transaction. Whatever the reason they don't want you to buy or sell, the banks have control. It goes back to the lawful christian being made "illegal" and have his ability to eat turned off.

Who's to blame for this? All the people who refused to give up convenience at auto rental, motel room, online shopping, etc. and participated in and enticed businessmen to expand this big brother scheme. Remember, you asked for it.

Is there still time to reverse this? It starts with you. Are you ready?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You use debit cards? Debit cards still go through banks.  [stick]

Got money?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't use debit cards.Don't have one.I use cash or credit.Course I pay my bills threw the mail with checks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to work for a video production company that had VISA as a client in the early 90's. They gave us a poster that showed the timeline from their historical beginings as the BankAmeriCard in the early 60's projecting out to the year 2020 where the the words "Cashless Society" were printed.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]Revelation 13:17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top