Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2002 6:38:12 PM EDT
and took a tour of their manufacturing facility. They had a shit load of sweet bikes lined up and ready to ship to their dealers. I didn't think they would allow photos so I didn't take the camera. They do allow photos so I missed out. This is the bike I fell in love with (Slammer) and it's a bargain at only $35,000!
[img]http://www.americanironhorse.com/html/images/2002images/slammer6.jpg[/img]

[url=www.americanironhorse.com]American Ironhorse[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
They are S&S motors and I believe that they are 107ci.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry guys. These (IMHO) are overpriced junkers. Good components, poorly assembled.
Ab
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I personally think [b][i]all[/i][/b] custom bikes like this are overpriced but the ones I looked at today looked like they were put together pretty well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry guys. These (IMHO) are overpriced junkers. Good components, poorly assembled.
Ab
View Quote
That sucks-did you see one? I haven't-what was wrong w/em?

Too bad, the one bunghole posted a picture of is cool looking.
View Quote

I work on them. Most problems are: brakes,(set up wrong), charging systems,(again, set up wrong),etc. The engines are also built by S&S,which is a good product but,I personally don't trust their engine assemblers. It would be better to buy an engine unassembled and have a reputable local guy assemble it. Don't get me wrong they ARE beautiful bikes,but like I mentioned I have seen MANY problems with most "aftermarket" bikes.
FWIW...........
AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top