Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2002 6:07:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Just don't surface underneath a Japanese fishing vessel.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You better check with subman and see if this qualifies you for your dolphins.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
What the Hell do you expect, the thing is made out of plastic??!!

In water that deep you are very lucky that you didn't get swept away, only to be found weeks later miles downstream.  A couple of my friends have died trying to cross flooded streams in vehicles far more capable than your Saturn.  It only takes a couple of inches of water moving fast enough to sweep the heaviest car off a road.

Glad to hear you made it back alive though.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, Beer, I guess we have this kind of weather to look forward to in Georgia shortly.  Normally, what you get, we get a few hours later.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Oughtta be an interesting night here in Suwanee then...

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

the_reject
View Quote
I just left Suwanee from a friend's house and I live in Winder.  You may occasionally see an all white RX7 in Suwanee, taking it easy as Suwanee loves to collect revenue.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn! Sounds pretty hairy, glad you made it out ok. I've forged a few flooded roads in my Toyota 4X4 (it sits up a bit), but have never dealt with anything like that.

That must have been pretty crazy to see water rise that fast. Never seen it myself. Glad your Saturn floated!

Bet you had a beer to calm the nerves when you got home! [beer]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Have your CV joints checked.  If they get full of water the grease turns into slime.  Same for the rear axle bearings.

You one lucky mutha.  People in AZ get washed away all the time.  Yes, the water [i]does[/i]  come up that fast.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the_reject
View Quote
I just left Suwanee from a friend's house and I live in Winder.  You may occasionally see an all white RX7 in Suwanee, taking it easy as Suwanee loves to collect revenue.
View Quote

Yeah, Suwanee PD have their hideouts here on McGinnis Ferry, but I've lived here for 2 years now, and driven the roads for 3, so I know where they are at.

At least they are friendly, though.  Was in an accident once, and they were quite polite and professional, considering they didn't look a day older than 24.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the_reject
View Quote
View Quote
Yeah, Suwanee PD have their hideouts here on McGinnis Ferry, but I've lived here for 2 years now, and driven the roads for 3, so I know where they are at.

At least they are friendly, though.  Was in an accident once, and they were quite polite and professional, considering they didn't look a day older than 24.

the_reject
View Quote
Some of those hills they run radar on on McGinnis Ferry are illegal for them to do so.  I gave aforementioned friend a copy of the radar use regs when his girlfriend got a ticket.  It can't be more than a 7 percent downgrade.  The girlfriend went to the county, got the road plans that showed a 9 percent downgrade where she got nailed.  She took a copy of the law and the plans to court.  Case dismissed.  We figured they would quit running radar at that spot, but they still do, figuring that most people won't know that.

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some of those hills they run radar on on McGinnis Ferry are illegal for them to do so.  I gave aforementioned friend a copy of the radar use regs when his girlfriend got a ticket.  It can't be more than a 7 percent downgrade.  The girlfriend went to the county, got the road plans that showed a 9 percent downgrade where she got nailed.  She took a copy of the law and the plans to court.  Case dismissed.  We figured they would quit running radar at that spot, but they still do, figuring that most people won't know that.
View Quote

Actually, just guestimating grades, [i][b]NONE[/b][/i] of their 3 favorite spots on McGinnis Ferry are legit per that 7% grade law.

The way I figure it, though, is that if it takes me an extra minute or two to get to my apartment complex at the top of the hill, but keeps me away from a court hearing and a missed day of work, it's in my best interest.

In fact, at the bottom of that hill before Buford Highway is where my accident was.  I was cruising along at 60 or so, and some jerkoff pulled out from Burnette Road on the right, crossed the median, and t-boned me in my driver side door.

Now they have that new intersection they finished a few months ago at Peachtree Industrial - they'll sit for hours waiting for some poor sap to run that red light.

I'll give them some credit, though - they aren't [b]NEARLY[/b] as bad as the Alpharetta PD that patrols on Windward Parkway.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll give them some credit, though - they aren't [b]NEARLY[/b] as bad as the Alpharetta PD that patrols on Windward Parkway.

the_reject
View Quote
I've always heard that about Alpharetta and Windward, but I have only seem them there once in 3 or 4 years and I do cook it sometimes down that road.  Nice and wide, can apex the sweepers without crossing into the other side, just using the lanes on my side.  Fun road if you can get a clear shot.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey BS, I was at work when all hell broke loose, my damned backroom flooded all over my damned school supplies!!!  Anyhow, I'm in the 4Runner so I fear NOT!!!  The roads home from my store weren't bad, but I heard they were doing flood rescues HERE in Huffman!!!  Anyhowse, I'll seeya at Somer's birthday, and for the "function test" Sat. night!!!  And if you feed me enough beer, well, remember when I chickened out on that slime hill near your house?  Well, the 4Runner has NEVER forgiven me!  I MAY JUST TAKE IT!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've always heard that about Alpharetta and Windward, but I have only seem them there once in 3 or 4 years and I do cook it sometimes down that road.  Nice and wide, can apex the sweepers without crossing into the other side, just using the lanes on my side.  Fun road if you can get a clear shot.
View Quote

They are ruining it now - erecting new stop lights.  I know I've barreled down that road many a time at high speed.  Was busted once for it.  I was going 73 in a 45.  I was polite, though, and the cop gave me a break and only wrote down 58.

One other time, I was swerving through a dip and had to hard brake because of some soccer mom in front of me in the left lane.  I was [b]REAL[/b] close to her rear bumper and slowed down quickly - I had to have been going 65, and she was going only 50 once my speed bottomed out to match hers.  As soon as this happened, I spot the copper up the road looking my way.  He pulled out behind me, passed me at his first opportunity, and lit up right behind Sally Soccer-mom.

Outside of driving a minivan slowly in [b][i][u]MY[/u][/i][/b] lane, she had done nothing else wrong.  [;)]  Best excuse I can think of is that he was lasing me and thought he was lasing her.

I call that "poetic justice".  [:)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

They are ruining it now - erecting new stop lights.  I know I've barreled down that road many a time at high speed.  Was busted once for it.  I was going 73 in a 45.  I was polite, though, and the cop gave me a break and only wrote down 58.

One other time, I was swerving through a dip and had to hard brake because of some soccer mom in front of me in the left lane.  I was [b]REAL[/b] close to her rear bumper and slowed down quickly - I had to have been going 65, and she was going only 50 once my speed bottomed out to match hers.  As soon as this happened, I spot the copper up the road looking my way.  He pulled out behind me, passed me at his first opportunity, and lit up right behind Sally Soccer-mom.

Outside of driving a minivan slowly in [b][i][u]MY[/u][/i][/b] lane, she had done nothing else wrong.  [;)]  Best excuse I can think of is that he was lasing me and thought he was lasing her.

I call that "poetic justice".  [:)]

the_reject
View Quote
It's about time one of those no-driving idiots got busted just for being stupid.

I'd be willing to bet that when she got to McGinnis Ferry she was going to turn right but, like so may fools, she just HAS to ride in the left lane, no matter what, like those fools you see on the expressway who won't get out of the left lane until the last second for their exit while holding up a whole line of cars.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Beer:

Just hang a Johnson 9.9 off a receiver hitch and you are all set!

Seriously, I'm glad that you and the car are OK.  The wheel bearings are fairly well sealed on these and not capable of being disassembled.  You might want to have a mechanic check your CV joints and boots to make sure no water is in them or cha-CHING! several months from now.

Noah
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#21]
They say god looks out for............

Glad your ar'right knothaid! It wasn't bad here. I guess all the bad stuff stayed south. Any news about a range for the great southern trailer trash shoot yet? Later bro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top