Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2002 5:48:51 PM EDT
Geesh, I knew there was a reason we didn't do this parent thing. My 2nd grader nephew is staying with us for the weekend. He's been here since 6pm and I am already beat to hell. [|)] How much longer do we have to go till Sunday?? Good thing I have a Dreamcast with every game ever made for it.

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nephews are a great tool for not having kids.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Taking out the .22?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Its friday  10:26 and once again we just returned from taking my nephew out to dinner and tomorrow he will go to work with me.  At 14 he's a good employee but this does get a little too much sometimes.  His mom is a recovering drug addict and my wife and I have become his second family since he hates his dads girlfriend and had always looked up to us.  I too know why the wife and I have never had kids, we are great with the nephews but they do go home at some point.  Normally on the weekend days I can be done by 8:30 am but now on saturday I stay all day to give him a  full days work which I dont really mind but I think i am going to need a break soon.  I'm glad his mom is on the road to recovery but at the same tme I am angry that I have to assume the role model figure in his life but at the same time it does flatter me just the same.  Thank goodness I have introduced the kid to shooting and golf and  he seems to be turning out OK.  After taking him to the BRC and now changing our lives for him and his brother I just hope its worth it in the long run??
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Duct tape and cough syrup will work wonders on the energetic little lad.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Taking out the .22?
View Quote

Oh yeah.. we're taking it all. He's ready for action.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
ROTF Ben.  Now multiply that by 3 and you get an idea of why I sound so incoherent on the phone!! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top