Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/12/2002 3:59:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have shot him.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting how he was willing to make a few bucks in opposition to his stated philosophical position on guns.  

If he'd really believed it, he [i]would[/i] have destroyed the guns, rather than sell them.

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberalism.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, thedave, I wouldn't be suprised to hear that at Bighorn here in Boulder.  Would have raised my eyes, but wouldn't have said a word if only because I'd guess that the man had little concept of the value of his guns, and that "Mike" got a great deal.  Obviously, this guy was more than a little insecure about being so out of place.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
So what was he trying to get rid of?

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

-legrue
View Quote

Yeah, now I'm wonderin' the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
What a moron!

You guys are right,if he really believed his own bullshit he would have turned them into the police or had them destroyed.

What a discrace to whomever thought enough of him to leave his prized possessions.

Did ya get a look at what he was selling?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Actually another customer and myself stood there with our jaws hanging for a minute before we started laughing behind his back.
View Quote

next time, dont laugh BEHIND his back...

laugh in his face, send him packing...
View Quote

I disagree.  Don't know anything about Jensen Arms, but if it's a small business like I assume it is, then an employee or owner might be reluctant to jeopardize his reputation in a relatively small town.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Actually another customer and myself stood there with our jaws hanging for a minute before we started laughing behind his back.
View Quote

View Quote

I disagree.  Don't know anything about Jensen Arms, but if it's a small business like I assume it is, then an employee or owner might be reluctant to jeopardize his reputation in a relatively small town.
View Quote

But he's just a stupid liberal, his opinion doesn't matter and besides, gunstores are already evil uncivilized kid killer shops to him anyway so I doubt his opinion of the place could get any worse.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

LIBERAL SCUM, may they burn in hell!
View Quote

Mega mega dittos!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

But he's just a stupid liberal, his opinion doesn't matter and besides, gunstores are already evil uncivilized kid killer shops to him anyway so I doubt his opinion of the place could get any worse.
View Quote

Again, I disagree.  No reason, IM(of course)HO to reinforce this mentality.  Is an opportunity to be a gracious, good, business owner and member of the community.  Not an opportunity to support this kind of thought.  Again, wasn't there, but I do guess that the individual's opinion of the place [i]could[/i] get worse.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Again, I disagree.  No reason, IM(of course)HO to reinforce this mentality.  Is an opportunity to be a gracious, good, business owner and member of the community.  Not an opportunity to support this kind of thought.  Again, wasn't there, but I do guess that the individual's opinion of the place [i]could[/i] get worse.
View Quote

That's a good point, but then again the person in question didn't just go there and try to sell the weapons, he had to flaunt his own twisted opinion of his supposed "moral superiority", so chances are he won't think "hey, these people are nicer than I thought", he'd think "Oh, I guess they'd be nice to anybody for a business opportunity"
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

-legrue
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'd have offered him a dollar for each one. Maybe I'd even fold him up a little paper crown to make him feel British. [%|]
View Quote

ROFLMFAO.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I would have asked him if I could take a look at the vile things; examined them closely while letting out an occasional "Ohhhhhh" and "Ahhhhhh". Handed them back then say "I'm a little strapped for cash right now". "But, I'd be willing to trade my limited edition Columbine Commemorative Hi-Capacity Carbine for them. [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Should have told him to bring his wife so you could dicker.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I would have asked him if I could take a look at the vile things; examined them closely while letting out an occasional "Ohhhhhh" and "Ahhhhhh". Handed them back then say "I'm a little strapped for cash right now". "But, I'd be willing to trade my limited edition Columbine Commemorative Hi-Capacity Carbine for them. [}:D]
View Quote

JasonF,
Delete this post.  There is nothing funny about it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#22]
If you are soooo offended by his comment, maybe you should email or IM him.  Calling him out on the board is just going to cause trouble.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Delete this.
View Quote

Aren't we being a little over sensitive? True, a joke in bad taste, but this Columbine issue with the anti's has been playing like a skipping record for far too long. They won't listen to logic so I guess an alternative is mockery.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

JasonF,
Delete this post.  There is nothing funny about it.
View Quote

Yet you quote my post in it's entirety (you'd have to delete your posts also).

As far as the humor content goes, to each his own.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#26]
In before lockity lock lock lock!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
JasonF, you are an ass.  [pissed]
View Quote

Oh, you have a bee in your bonnet too?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
JasonF,

I live about 7 miles from Columbine H.S.  I went to school with one of the first Jefferson County Sheriff's Deputies on the scene that day.  Yes, we are very sensitive about what happened that day.  No, your post doesn't contain any humor.

Making fun of stupid laws passed in response to Columbine is one thing.  I do it all the time.  Shaking your head in disbelief at the latest antics of Tom Mauser wouldn't bother me one bit.  I do that as well.  However, making light of what happened that day at Columbine is practically guaranteed to make you look like an ass, particularly to those of us who live here.  There is NOTHING funny about that!!!

Take IMHO's advice and delete the post.

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Can you listen to the friends and families crying when you're far, far away in MA?
I guess not.  
View Quote

Sarah Brady couldn't have said it better. As far as being "far, far away in MA" goes you need to catch up on the gun control news front.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#31]
This has nothing to do with gun control.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In before lockity lock lock lock!!!
View Quote

[IMG]http://www.mcsports.com/graphics/product_images/p101678reg.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Is that an attempt to be clever?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is that an attempt to be clever?
View Quote

I've seen worse. You're still upset about this, aren't you?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, I am.

I've not made a full response due to the fact that I really can't believe that you could possibly feel the way you seem to. . . I'm trying to give you time to think about just how atrocious your words are.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey JasonF... when one finds himself in a hole, it is best to stop digging.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes, I am.
View Quote

Okay, this isn't what I had intended by my original post. Apparently my sense of humor is different from yours and others. I have my opinions and you have yours. What disturbs me is your request for me to delete my post because you have a problem with it. I don't know about you, but demanding that I re-tract commentary that you disagree with doesn't sit right with me... Hey, black rifles scare me and I don't like them. Get rid of them. See the similarities?

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I am.
View Quote

Okay, this isn't what I had intended by my original post. Apparently my sense of humor is different from yours and others. I have my opinions and you have yours. What disturbs me is your request for me to delete my post because you have a problem with it. I don't know about you, but demanding that I re-tract commentary that you disagree with doesn't sit right with me... Hey, black rifles scare me and I don't like them. Get rid of them. See the similarities?

View Quote

No, you were referring to the commemoration of an act of domestic terrorism.

There are no similarities.
There is no connection.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hey JasonF... when one finds himself in a hole, it is best to stop digging.
View Quote

Air is prety good from where I'm at. Of course it helps when I'm standing on the head and shoulders of others beneath me in the pit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#41]
[Deleted to avoid a personally directed comment]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks, DF.
There is too much to say. . .
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#44]
I myself am a vet served 1963-66,are any of you the same?  That is the reason we served to protect the right of all people to have their views even if they are not ours.   Much like many here my idea of gun control is for me to have all the guns!

I would love to have a president that would say all guns to non felions or non mential ,shall be bought as made (full auto) .ect.     And that all people natural citizens above the age of 17 shall be required to own or shall be furnesed a rifle and be taught to use it as a first line defense of the mother land(USA).

Much like the swiss,Then guys like me or you won't be required to buy enough guns to support the whole friggen block if the SHTF.  It's not my duty to protect the whole friggen block when everybody on the block should be armed!

Thats the way I see It.    Bob
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
JasonF, you are an ass.  [pissed]
View Quote

Oh, you have a bee in your bonnet too?
View Quote

This kind of tasteless crap is uncalled for.  You may wish to peruse the Conduct Code and delete your post before you are banned.
View Quote

Which sentence or clause would that be? Number 4
(I'm guessing). Dirtclods like you gall me. You have no problem railing on about your Constitional (read 2nd Amendment) rights, but as soon as something comes down the road that offends your sensibilities you want to regulate, censor or prohibit it. Thank God it was only *words* that I posted. Forbid that I support the private ownership of assault weapons... Sound familiar?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Posted by JasonF...
Air is pretty good from where I'm at. Of course it helps when I'm standing on the head and shoulders of others beneath me in the pit.
View Quote

So much for taking some good advice!  [rolleyes]

Tell us another funny "joke" Mr. Laugh-o-Matic. I'm sure you have a few side splitters about the 9/11 attacks!

Gun owners in general, and "assault rifle" owners in particular, have to deal with enough negative stereotypes and bad press as it is. The last thing we need is for "one of our own" to make callous "jokes" about a mass murder perpetrated with firearms.

Your "joke" only serves to reinforce the perception of gun owners as reckless & compassionless a-holes that deserve to have their rights stripped away.  

BTW... I don't think that this thread should be locked, or that you are not entitled to voice your opinion.
What I do think however, is that you need to wise up, and consider what you say, and where you say it.

These are public forums, and not everyone who frequents them has the best interests of gun owners in mind.  

Get it now???
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top