Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2002 3:29:38 PM EDT
I'm not going to state this as fact because I heard it on the radio today...

Only 75,000 pilots are qualified to "possibly" carry a gun into the cockpit.

Their training will cost $8,000 per pilot.

Folks, that's $60,000,000 to teach the pilots how to shoot the head off of an Islamic Fundamentalist.

FVCK THAT! Just let them have guns with frangible bullets and say "Happy Hunting!"
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It already costs probably over 100k to train a commercial airliner pilot. I don't want to hear any bs that it will cost 8k or 10k to train them with firearms.

Just let them carry guns!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Front Sight is offering free training to pilots.
View Quote

Now THATS what Im talking about...A REAL American company offering its services in an American way!!!

Too bad that some asshole senator will try to get them trained in another state just so he can claim to "bring jobs" to the state...Fuckers
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That figure undoubtedly includes the pilot’s salary during the training.  Even at that, it sounds ridiculously high.  

Even more important, what did the losses at the WTC and Pentagon cost us (even excluding the human cost)?

I strongly support arming pilots; however they definitely do need to be adequately trained.

Making this country safe again is going to cost money – so what!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#5]
We should give pilots free range membership for 1 year and free IDPA membership for 1 year.

I hope they are not like the avg. beat cop who gets his or her weapon and only goes out once a year to qualify.  
I carry and I shoot often.   By competing in IDPA I have learned my strengths and weaknesses.  I am now working on over comming those weaknesses.   Pistol shooting accurately under stress is not easy, or so I've found.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top