BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Saw the movie this weekend.

Also, someone said that the voice of the Hulk was Lou Ferigno.

Stay after the credits.  It was Hilarious.

Fantastic flick.  I laughed a few times till my sides ached.  You all know the scenes.

I heard about the 2nd post credits scene, but they don't have it for the european release, and I can't find it on youtube.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 5:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fantastic flick.  I laughed a few times till my sides ached.  You all know the scenes.

I heard about the 2nd post credits scene, but they don't have it for the european release, and I can't find it on youtube.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfXtOK7eGCQ

Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw The Avengers over the weekend, and like many here absolutely loved it. One of my favorite movies ever.

And this is precisely why I hate the Oscars...... clearly this is an epic movie, shattering box office records, people obviously love it... and outside of some technical awards for sound or special effects, has ZERO chance of winning an award.

Take a look at the list of all time top box office LINK and look at how many "geek" movies are on that list....  they dominate the list.  Avatar, Harry Potter, Transformers, LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers.......   These are clearly the movies people want to see... the ones they are willing to pay money to see, even multiple times, in the theatre. It's ridiculous that in a movie this epic, with writing this phenomenal, there will likely be no recognition from the "Academy".
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Puny god.

I rost.

Me too, like a terrier with a rat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And The Avengers has now passed $1 BILLION in world wide box office revenue!

It's the fastest movie to $100 million (domestic). The fastest to $150 million. The fastest to $300 million. The fastest to $1 billion. It had the biggest opening weekend take in history (domestic). The biggest 2nd weekend take in history.  It is on pace to break the all-time box office champ, Avatar, but that may be a tough milestone to make.
It is currently the 11th biggest money maker. It may have already exceeded The Dark Knight. By the end of next week, it should be about the 4th biggest grossing movie in history. And that's after less than a month in world wide release.
Not looking like it's slowing down either. They could have made it crappy and it would have done well. They made it awesome and word of mouth is propelling it to EPIC.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Saw The Avengers over the weekend, and like many here absolutely loved it. One of my favorite movies ever.

And this is precisely why I hate the Oscars...... clearly this is an epic movie, shattering box office records, people obviously love it... and outside of some technical awards for sound or special effects, has ZERO chance of winning an award.

Take a look at the list of all time top box office LINK and look at how many "geek" movies are on that list....  they dominate the list.  Avatar, Harry Potter, Transformers, LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers.......   These are clearly the movies people want to see... the ones they are willing to pay money to see, even multiple times, in the theatre. It's ridiculous that in a movie this epic, with writing this phenomenal, there will likely be no recognition from the "Academy".

Yeah, Superhero movies just don't get much respect from the Oscars.

Dark Knight should have won best picture. But then there is alot of politicking that goes in the Oscars and Christopher Nolan doesn't take part in those games.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Return of the King won for 2003 - and arguably shouldn't have, not against Master and Commander.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Superhero movies just don't get much respect from the Oscars.

Dark Knight should have won best picture. But then there is alot of politicking that goes in the Oscars and Christopher Nolan doesn't take part in those games.

Dark Knight was hands down the best film of 2008 - and wasn't even nominated!

"Milk" was.  Milk.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Return of the King won for 2003 - and arguably shouldn't have, not against Master and Commander.

Thats because it won for all three films. More politics...
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Oscars don't matter anymore. There are plenty of different awards based on FAN voting and recognition that are climbing in popularity and credibility. Best Picture may be the big thing (for now), but if I were Whedon, I'd prouder of the shitload of awards coming my way from the MTV Movie Awards and other Fan-based competitions like the Crying Monkey Award at the Beijing Film Festival  
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burton's Batman? Epic Tier. sorry youngsters, that's just the way it is. Nolan's standing in the shadow of Titans with his reinterpretation.

Nope.

Not in the slightest.

You'd have to be high to think so.

This.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 2:04:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Watched the movie last night.  Digital distribution is so much nicer than 35mm.  No dust, hairs, spots, stretched film, etc, etc, ad nauseum, just a perfect picture.  I thought the movie was great.  Tons of action, good character interaction, humor.  Excellent movie.  Going to make Marvel studios and especially Disney a bundle of $$$$$$$.

AV1611 out.........

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 2:14:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Aye, I'm with you. I loved all of the LotR movies, but I think MaCtFSotW (LOL) should have got something.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'm waiting for someone to make a GIF out of the last scene after the credits.

I would love to see it as an oil painting done like Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 2:31:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

To those that have seen it with children:

Is it appropriate for a 7 year old?

My son is dying to see it and the Wife and I were thinking of surprising him.

He's seen all the others, Iron Man, Thor, The Incredible Hulk. We have not let him watch Dark Night though.

I took my seven year old and he was fine.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Burton's Batman? Epic Tier. sorry youngsters, that's just the way it is. Nolan's standing in the shadow of Titans with his reinterpretation.

Nope.

Not in the slightest.

You'd have to be high to think so.

This.
Nolan's Batman is better, but Burton changed Batman forever. You have to look at the Burton Batman movies in historical perspective to truly appreciate them and see what they did for Batman, DC, and Comic book movies in general. They took a child's comic and made them in to proper mature entertainment.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:31:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Blu-ray, I noticed in a scene near the end where Fury and his right hand chick are walking on the bridge of that flying carrier dealio, that her pants are so tight you can clearly see the outline of a teeny-tiny little thong.

Wasn't she a smoking hottie?  I hope her character is recurring.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Oscars don't matter anymore. There are plenty of different awards based on FAN voting and recognition that are climbing in popularity and credibility. Best Picture may be the big thing (for now), but if I were Whedon, I'd prouder of the shitload of awards coming my way from the MTV Movie Awards and other Fan-based competitions like the Crying Monkey Award at the Beijing Film Festival  

I wonder how much Whedon is making off this movie?

If it's a percentage, I'd bet he's making more than enough to soothe the pain of Academy rejection a bit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is a summer popcorn movie, nothing more. Every summer there are one or two just like it.

The Academy goes for "artsy" films, not popcorn action flicks
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I winder how much Whedon is making off this movie?

If it's a percentage, I'd bet he's making more than enough to soothe the pain of Academy rejection a bit.

Enough to fund a Serenity sequel?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

beat me to it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

beat me to it.

Forget a sequel.   I want the series picked back up like the movie does not exist.   Not going to happen but we can dream.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I once thought that the Dark Knight was a great movie.  After watching it a few times, I must say that I'm pretty meh about it.  I can't decide if I'm going to hand over $30 to Hollywood to see this movie or not.

I'm also not crazy about The Dark Night. I loved The Avengers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Saw it 3d at the Alamo last week (on travel).  Took the wife and crew to it on Mother's day.  Even our 14 month old seemed to enjoy most of it (but the Hulk scared him a little when he roared.

fwiw it worked out better than I had planned, as since I saw it once, I could take the baby when he got upset to the lobby and did not feel like I was missing much.  That said - Ended up spending $85 on this movie - actually not too bad.  I bet I spent $65 taking my step-daughter and a friend to hunger games after they loaded up on snacks.

––

anyway, favorite Superhero movie to date.  Really enjoyed it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Good movie.

Samuel L Jackson sported a M&P full size.

Everyone else had Glocks (Scarlett Johansson, Nick Fury's 2nd in command, and the NYPD from what I remember). I didn't see any other M&P's.

Interesting..............I wonder how much that cost S&W.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

9 40 or 45?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

beat me to it.

Forget a sequel.   I want the series picked back up like the movie does not exist.   Not going to happen but we can dream.

not possible.  all of the actors are 12 years older now and some are quite a few pounds heavier **cough** mal **cough**

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#31]
watched it for the 2nd time this past weekend,  fantastic movie.   The comedy was unexpected but welcomed.  Proves that people will still pay good money for a good product.  Hollywood needs to stop blaming torrents and file sharing for their low box office receipts and put out a better product.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

watched it for the 2nd time this past weekend,  fantastic movie.   The comedy was unexpected but welcomed.  Proves that people will still pay good money for a good product.  Hollywood needs to stop blaming torrents and file sharing for their low box office receipts and put out a better product.

all of those claims the MPAA makes about low receipts due to torrents is BS.  hollywood has been taking in record amounts over the last few years even with the economy taking a dump

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw the Avengers over the weekend in 3D. Great movie. Definite buy on BluRay.
That said I'm tired of these 5mins of credits and the little tidbits at the end. Movie was already over 2hrs even though time flew by.

As for TDK. I thought the movie stunk myself. Tried watching it again and still didn't like it and think Ledgers death is what made it more popular.
Each to their own I guess
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

all of those claims the MPAA makes about low receipts due to torrents is BS.  hollywood has been taking in record amounts over the last few years even with the economy taking a dump

Make good movies and people will come out to see them. Make meh movies and people will probably pirate or wait till redbox release
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#35]
A note related to Hollywood profits...

Captain America BluRay was 35 dollars at Target today.

Mark my words, soon we will hear of some rep from the MPAA commenting about declining disc sales and trying to blame it on torrents, when they are too thick to realize their pricing structure is asinine.  You can't assume a BluRay makes a movie worth 5-10 dollars more, or make a movie 3D and think it's worth an extra 10 dollars on top of that.  People just won't buy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Saw the Avengers over the weekend in 3D. Great movie. Definite buy on BluRay.
That said I'm tired of these 5mins of credits and the little tidbits at the end. Movie was already over 2hrs even though time flew by.

As for TDK. I thought the movie stunk myself. Tried watching it again and still didn't like it and think Ledgers death is what made it more popular.
Each to their own I guess

at least the more meaningful of the 2 scenes happened only a couple minutes into the credits
the 2nd one is kind of meh anyway and not worth waiting for
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 40 or 45?

not sure, just saw the left side up close quickly, not long enough to see the marking on the chamber or slide
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I thought the last scene at the end of the credits was funny, but they should have done more, because of the long wait through all the credits.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't wait for the Blu-ray, I noticed in a scene near the end where Fury and his right hand chick are walking on the bridge of that flying carrier dealio, that her pants are so tight you can clearly see the outline of a teeny-tiny little thong.

Wasn't she a smoking hottie?  I hope her character is recurring.

hope so too

I love Robin on How I Meet Your Mother

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL google trends on Shawarma

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#44]
My favorite part was when The Hulk slammed Loki around like a little rag doll.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
To those that have seen it with children:

Is it appropriate for a 7 year old?

My son is dying to see it and the Wife and I were thinking of surprising him.
He's seen all the others, Iron Man, Thor, The Incredible Hulk. We have not let him watch Dark Night though.

I took my seven year old and he was fine.  

We took our son which is 3 almost 4 and he loved it. He was on the edge of his seat the whole time, despite not feeling well with a stuffy nose.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#46]
The Thanos bit has me worried. He's legendary villian in 616, but he wasn't really the same in ultimate. Hope they at least do an amalgum. The infinity gems would probably be too much for a movie, but it would be cool. Can't remember if there's an adam warlock in the ultimate universe. Bar none my favorite villian. Ultron 7 on is my runner up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Wonder if that ones almost a wink at the rumors of RD Jr being the anonymous net poster who's spilling the beans on other Hollywood types skeletons  over the last year.

There was a thread about it a while ago
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Finally saw it. Was a great movie and my wife loved it.

Really would have liked to see War Machine though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yes, and hopefully the sequel will have Hank and Janet Pym.

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and hopefully the sequel will have Hank and Janet Pym.

Yes!!!   Jan please.........even if she is "wasp" size.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top