Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 5/4/2012 4:30:44 PM EDT
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they had to be done over. The original Hulk had to be done over too. The same goes for Spiderman. They did that so poorly they're starting over with a new Spiderman movie.

To combine all these characters into one mega movie had HUGE potential for them to blow it.

THEY DID NOT.

They knocked it out of the park. This one is worth paying for to see a second time.

Avengers is going to be a record breaker.

Go see it. Pee before the movie starts it's not the shortest movie.

I typed over the whole original post because there are people who can not handle abbreviated text.

Cell phone texting must drive these people nuts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed it
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. Incredible film! I'll see it again..and again..and....
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun.

Stopped reading right here

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear it is a winner.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing is better than The Dark Knight.  NOTHING
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Puny god.

I rost.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Dark Knight fucking rocked

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got back from watching it. Hell of a movie. My wife & i loved it! And my 7 year old went nuts! He wants to see it again, lol. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a grammar Nazi, but good God man!

Going to see it tomorrow....
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun.

The original Batman was the best by far. Based on this comment alone I will not go watch Avengers.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original Batman was the best by far. Based on this comment alone I will not go watch Avengers.

Original Batman movies with Michael Keaton, then Val Kilmer, then George Clooney were the WORST batman movies ever made. SUCKED!!! They were laughable. Batman 1 with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholsen was ok at best.

Dark Knight Movies made these look like the joke they were. Dark Knight movies is how Batman should have been done in the first place.

Now... Maybe you're confusing me blasting The original Tim Burton movies with the Dark Knight movies. I loved the Dark Knight movies.

Go see Avengers, you will not be disappointed.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun.

Tim Burton Batman  SUCKED....  Dark Knight Batman GOOD.. That help ya any?

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun. The original Hulk hadda be done ova too. Ditto for Spiderman, they fucked that up so bad they're starting over with that too.

To combine all these heros and do one mega move had huge HUGE potential for them to totally blow it.

THEY DID NOT.

They knocked it out of the park. This one is worth going back to see more than once.

Is and is going to break records big time..

Go see it. Pee quick rite before the movie starts.

Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dark Knight fucking rocked  

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun. The original Hulk hadda be done ova too. Ditto for Spiderman, they fucked that up so bad they're starting over with that too.

To combine all these heros and do one mega move had huge HUGE potential for them to totally blow it.

THEY DID NOT.

They knocked it out of the park. This one is worth going back to see more than once.

Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.
I'm guessing the "Why?" is for the Pee quick rite before it starts...  Well, I drank one of the theaters big sodas.. This movie isn't TITANIC long but it's not one of the shorter movies. So go pee..

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Incredibly well done.

Edge of seat excitement.

Hilarious moments of dry heaving laughter.

Best movie I've seen in years and by far the best superhero movie made yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THEY DID NOT.

Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.

The Creator of the 'Verse does very little that is bad....

Can't wait to see this one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

THEY DID NOT.

Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.

The Creator of the 'Verse does very little that is bad....  

Can't wait to see this one.
I don't go to the movies that much. It's too dam expensive. I'm in NY so what isn't?

I will pay to see this again if the Kids wanna go. It was that good.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have stopped reading right there, but I continued through it.

OP, did you graduate middle school? Your grammar would indicate that you did not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have stopped reading right there, but I continued through it.

OP, did you graduate middle school? Your grammar would indicate that you did not.
Oh, so you're a dick. That explains it. I wasn't trying to write you novel. I was trying to let people know about a good movie.  

The Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they had to be done over. That make you feel better professor?

By the way, your original "Stopped Reading right here"  had no period.
Asshole.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not a grammar Nazi, but good God man!

Going to see it tomorrow....
Condensing it down with cell phone like txt abbreviations is causing those who would fall for the Jedi mind trick to get upset.

I'll fix it for you though..

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Saw it today. Excellent.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Good.  We're seeing it tomorrow.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw it tonight with my son in Imax 3D.  It was, without a doubt, the best superhero movie ever made.  Nothing else even comes close.  I am going to see it at least once more in the theatre and I will be there day one for any sequel Joss Whedon directs.  It was magnificent.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Original Batman movies with Michael Keaton, then Val Kilmer, then George Clooney were the WORST batman movies ever made. SUCKED!!! They were laughable. Batman 1 with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholsen was ok at best.

Dark Knight Movies made these look like the joke they were. Dark Knight movies is how Batman should have been done in the first place.

Now... Maybe you're confusing me blasting The original Tim Burton movies with the Dark Knight movies. I loved the Dark Knight movies.

Go see Avengers, you will not be disappointed.

The dark knight movies were made like 20 years after the first one...

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nothing is better than The Dark Knight.  NOTHING

agreed.  Work of art right there
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THEY DID NOT.

Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.

Yeah, but then you have to wonder who he is going to kill off...

That ain't a spoiler...its just a fact of life in a Joss creation...

I'm going to take my boys to see it on Sunday.
They're watching the other movies over the weekend to be prepared.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Lot of laughs for an action movie.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I fixed the OP for some of the English teachers here.

I get the grammar nazi's to some degree. However, I for one do not log on to AR-15 in search of linguistical nirvana.

I understand these days young people speak like they learned to communicate by a combination of THE ENGLISH TO IDIOT dictionary and a copy of EBONICS.

Not to mention they're running around with their pants falling down all the time.

Railing against the dumbing down of America? I"m with you, but it's not necessary to pick on everyone who hacks up a sentence on this site.

AL-15.com? (american literature) Yeah, hammer them for every out of place comma.
AR-15.com? Not so much.

Enjoy the Avengers movie. I thought it was awesome.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I saw it tonight with my son in Imax 3D.  It was, without a doubt, the best superhero movie ever made.  Nothing else even comes close.

With the exception of The Dark Night, right?

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#32]
gonna go see this movie for scarlett johansens tits
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw it tonight with my son in Imax 3D.  It was, without a doubt, the best superhero movie ever made.  Nothing else even comes close.

I liked this better than Dark Knight. It wasn't so....  Dark.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Went to the midnight matinee with my son and some friends of his.
It totally kicked ass. Laughed our asses off over the interplay between the Hulk and Loki near the end of the movie, Hilarious!!!
I'd see it again, probably not at midnight, though.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Indeed, so full of win!
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#36]
TDK is the ultimate comic book movie

however avengers is most deff a winner
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#37]
The Hulk should run as an Independent against BHO.

His campaign slogan could be "HULK SMASH!!!"

Geez.........Stan Lee has to be worth a sh*t pot full of $$$ after this one.
It has already taken in over $304 Million.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll go see it during the day on monday. I'm anxious to see how they did the invasion.

Tim Burton's original Batman is what truly kicked-off the comic book movies. For the time, it was cutting edge, and was a lot closer to the source material than Nolan's movies. Nolan screwed up when he made Batman vulnerable and emotional.

I submit that the perfect Batman movie has yet to be filmed. Keaton as Batman was much closer to the true nature of The Bat than Bale.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, primarily because Batman isn't a superhero and especially in the Nolan movies there doesn't seem to be any real supernatural or superhuman ability.  I don't, strictly speaking, classify Nolan's Batman movies as superhero movies.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#40]
I am amazed they were able to put an entire team of super heroes into a movie and not make it retarded. That is quite an accomplishment.

I need to see this.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Incredibly well done.

Edge of seat excitement.

No way. Can't be better than Dark Knight.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am amazed they were able to put an entire team of super heroes into a movie and not make it retarded. That is quite an accomplishment.
Joss Whedon is my master now.

I need to see this.

Seeing it tomorrow.  Early.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#43]

What does Hulk say right after he
Click To View SpoilerThe whole theater (including me) was laughing and couldn't hear it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, primarily because Batman isn't a superhero and especially in the Nolan movies there doesn't seem to be any real supernatural or superhuman ability.  I don't, strictly speaking, classify Nolan's Batman movies as superhero movies.

I think you are trying to evade conceding The Dark Knight was a superior movie by putting it in another category.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Incredibly well done.

Edge of seat excitement.

The Dark Knight has the best individual performance on a superhero movie  and a very intelligent plot but it is so relentlessly depressing I don't ever watch it anymore.  The Avengers is a movie I could watch again tonight.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What does Hulk say right after he...

I think it was   Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

What does Hulk say right after he
Click To View SpoilerThe whole theater (including me) was laughing and couldn't hear it.

"Puny god."

As opposed to his classic line "puny human".

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incredibly well done.

Edge of seat excitement.

The Dark Knight has the best individual performance on a superhero movie  and a very intelligent plot but it is so relentlessly depressing I don't ever watch it anymore.  The Avengers is a movie I could watch again tonight.

The plot, soundtrack and everything else about Dark Knight was top of the line.

I think the Avengers might be a second place movie, but Dark Knight is arguably the best movie of the 21st Century, so far.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm partial to Marvel Comics. I have over 1000 comics (all collected in my youth) have less than 10 DC comics in the bunch.

I liked the Dark knight.

I usually hate comic book movies but this Avengers movies was ridiculously good. It managed to be entertaining, funny, ironic, and remained true to the comic books at the same time. Even the comic purists (I consider myself to be one) have very little to complain about with this movie. It was done about as well as it can be done, and still be watchable to both newbies and comic purists. To incorporate all of the hero's and not get corny or go too far into the Michael Bay territory of waaaaaay too much going on in the story to actually follow.

Very well done!
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

But Hawkeye and Black Widow are?

They are two of the characters in the movie.  You may as well cite Nick Fury.  The threat is superhuman and immortal and alien.  Most of the heroes are superhuman, one is a demigod alien and one turns info a green giant.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top