Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2002 10:17:26 AM EDT
Accompanied the wife to the grocery store this morning.  Passing by the rags at one of the check out stands I saw this headline in inch high letters:

[b]Osama Launches Doomsday Bomb Into Orbit![/b]

Damn.  Just when I thought we were safe he goes and does something like this. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn! I was going to spend my vacation in orbit until I heard this!!!  Do you think I'll get my deposit back?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't pay any attention to that.  I heard it was a record company stunt to promote the (i prefer it in the) backstreet boys.  See, that lance bass cat will "disarm" when the russians take him up, thus saving the world and all those young ladies in tank tops and flip-flops.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...with a skeleton at the controls!  [shock]
View Quote
Well no wonder it crashed then![whacko]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't pay any attention to that.  I heard it was a record company stunt to promote the (i prefer it in the) backstreet boys.  See, that lance bass cat will "disarm" when the russians take him up, thus saving the world and all those young ladies in tank tops and flip-flops.
View Quote

Lance Bass is with N-Sync....oh, never mind how I know that...
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
The headline is very misleading. As you can see from this photo I took near the launch site in Skratchmykrotchie (I was in the area on business), the missile got stuck in the silo and never made it to it's destination in "orbit".
[img]http://www.hill.af.mil/icbm/lmpage/images/lgm_118a.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top