Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2002 10:34:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
so did anything happen to the "good guy?"
We had that happen here in MD.  Two guys camped out at their warehouse because they were being robbed every night.  So, they said this is gonig to stop.  Rifle in hand.  They shot the robbers who were unarmed.  Hm, justice?  I am not sure.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I just didn't think shooting someone unarmed was justified, that's all.  It was not self-defense.  In my opinion.  But what does that matter. nothing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
[url=http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/local/3641254.htm]Read the full-length story[/url], it provides much more detail.

I would say that Mr. Easton went quite overboard by chasing the BG around like that.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:04:05 AM EDT
[#8]
When you don't have a lot , what you do have is important to you, and if some POS thief is going to try and steal from you I don't care what it is, your car battery, gas from your gas tank, whatever- he gets what he deserves. Let's get back to basics, you don't want to be shot, don't steal, now for exceptions, Kids , retards,and oh yeah me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Regardless of what you think of the police, this guys first mistake was not filing a report on the threats and assault.  It sounds as though he had plenty of witnesses to get at least some response out of it.  The second mistake was chasing the guy.  That, I think, is what will burn the store owner.

Sure, filing a report, and even a visit from the police, probably wouldn't have deterred the a-hole from going after the store owner but at least it wouldn't be as much of a "vigilante" type affair.  That crap doesn't fly well with wimpy jurors.

Is it just me or are a lot of these car audio outfits almost as bad as crackhouses in the clientele they attract?  Then they end up getting robbed by the same people.  Sure seems that way around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top