Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2002 9:31:46 PM EDT
older 'hardware'?

I have an older laptop (Hitachi E133) that came w/ a CD-ROM.  The CD drive is a non hitachi product that was included back in 1997 (spring of 97).  

It's a 6 speed CD ROM.  Looks like regular CD player.  It has flip open lid.  It's a PC card type CD-ROM.  There is no name of a manufacturer (and  can't find the old owners manual).  Any how, I think it's model number is: MCD-601P

Also, I have a US Robotics modem.  Sportster external 33.6 Faxmodem.... (from 1998 or so).  Any how, the 'other Hitachi laptop' only goes to a 28.8 faxmodem.  (Was thinking about trying that just for kicks).

Any how, I figured I'd ask...

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually have luck on www.winfiles.com
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
[url=http://www.driverzone.com/index.html]Driverzone[/url] has tons of drivers for old hardware.  Knowing the make of the drive would help, but you might be able to do a search on the model number.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.windrivers.com[/url]
[url]www.driverguide.com[/url] Login: drivers Password: all
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I found a scrap paper with some info.... but I'm afraid that Hitachi used a '3rd party' company (small one).

Does any one know of a company called CNF?  I have "CNF external CD ROM" written down.  So MCD-601P is probably the model (I'm quite sure of that).

EDIT-
Got some drivers.... will have to try later.  Thanks to all who replied.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]
This looks like what you want:

[url]24.237.160.4/files/Drivers/PCMCIA/Hitachi/6xcdrom/[/url]

-
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Kaliburz
E-mail me. I have an old program called CD God with almost every old CDROM driver there is.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I take it you got the hard drive to work?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I take it you got the hard drive to work?
View Quote

5isalive,

That Hitachi that needs the HD still needs work. I plan to have a friend of a friend try to get to work for me (I'm not familiar w/ the partition of HD). Might cost me 1 M1A mag...well worth it.  He helps my FFL buddy w/ his computer stuff.  And my FFL buddy knows his phone number.... but my FFL buddy is on vacation.

I purchased another 'clone' like my old one (same model, tad bit smaller HD, lower memory).  I just want to put some stuff on that 'new' laptop, but I seem to have misplaced the install disk for the CD rom.

Edit-
(Originally, the auction seller said it had a CD Rom, but was in error.  Got 40 bucks back because of his mistake.  Any how, figured I'd make my original CD Rom work on this 'new one'.  Can't recall where I had the disk...so I'm searching and asking).

========================================

XM777,

I think that's it!!!  Downloading now to try....

Well, tried to save it all onto a floppy, but when I run Setup, it runs...but an error pops up.... [:(].  So close....  something about trying to read some value and it's wrong or .... will try it again later.

Edit:

The error reads:
(Window tittle): WinSFX Error
"WinSFX Error: Unable to complete the installation process.  Can not read when searching for .RED data.  Attempted to read 30720 byts.  Actually read 5 byts.  Total bytes read: 30725"

What does that mean?

======================================

tc6969,

Interesting.... just might e-mail ya.  (Sounds like a nice thing to have....for archives)
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
In reference to the download XM777 showed.

Well, tried to save it all onto a floppy, but when I run Setup, it runs...but an error pops up.... . So close.... something about trying to read some value and it's wrong or .... will try it again later.

The error reads:
(Window tittle): WinSFX Error
"WinSFX Error: Unable to complete the installation process. Can not read when searching for .RED data. Attempted to read 30720 byts. Actually read 5 byts. Total bytes read: 30725"

What does that mean?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top