Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What an unfortunate name.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if he's going to be "disappeared?"
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The suit does not ask for specific damages, but Chavis' attorney John Sweeney said, "We believe this is a seven-figure case."
View Quote

[puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, I'd be happy with a new jeep. Slamming someone on the hood of a car and cuffing them once (open hand) on the face shouldn't require a payout of "retirement money." This entire incident has been blown way out of proportion. I guess I expected this coming.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Had two outstanding warrants for his arrest - a DWI and some petty theft thing if I recall.
View Quote

What a coincidence that they just got that figured out and sent someone to see him. [rolleyes]

That guy is fuct. His time in jail will be unfun.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Not that this means anything, but I saw an interview with Crooks, and right away it dawned on me that this dude had snakes in the head.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had two outstanding warrants for his arrest - a DWI and some petty theft thing if I recall.
View Quote

What a coincidence that they just got that figured out and sent someone to see him. [rolleyes]
View Quote
His warrant was from another part of the state. This moron's parading in the media helped locate him. The warrants were for to more-or-less low priority crimes, which would explain why there wasn't a huge manhunt for him.

Since I've never been to L.A., is Inglewood a good part of town? This Crooks guy apparently stayed in a hotel there (I know, stating the obvious), I wonder what his reason for doing so was?

From what I understand the cop claims the 16-year old grabbed his nuts, and he punched him so he would let go. When will SecondChance make grab-proof cups for Law Enforcement?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
His warrant was from another part of the state. This moron's parading in the media helped locate him. The warrants were for to more-or-less low priority crimes, which would explain why there wasn't a huge manhunt for him.

Since I've never been to L.A., is Inglewood a good part of town? This Crooks guy apparently stayed in a hotel there (I know, stating the obvious), I wonder what his reason for doing so was?

From what I understand the cop claims the 16-year old grabbed his nuts, and he punched him so he would let go. When will SecondChance make grab-proof cups for Law Enforcement?
View Quote

Remember the 92 LA riots, starting at Florence and Normandy?  This place is a few miles from it. Not the best place to raise a family, or rent a hotel room.  But good for scoring some really good drugs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not the best place to raise a family, or rent a hotel room.  But good for scoring some really good drugs.
View Quote
That was kinda what I thought. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That guy is fuct. His time in jail will be unfun.
View Quote

Just as I predicted: the local NBC affiliate just had a story on the news that Crook has been taken from jail to the hospital, and claims he was beaten in jail by cops.

[Gomer Pyle voice]Surprise, surprise, surprise!![/Gomer Pyle voice]

How does the reason he was in that hotel change what is on the videotape that he shot? By the way, initial stories said that he had moved out of one apartment/house and was waiting for repairs to finish so he could move into another. Some folks can't afford three weeks at the Hilton while their apartment is being painted. I know I couldn't.

I was once pulled out of my car by three douchebag Philadelphia Highway cops, smacked around a little, illegally searched and threatened with a beating just for being in the "wrong" neighborhood. What does that make me?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just as I predicted: the local NBC affiliate just had a story on the news that Crook has been taken from jail to the hospital, and claims he was beaten in jail by cops.

View Quote

Shocking!!! (sarcasm)  I wonder if the SOB got this one on tape?

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Did anyone hear him crying like a bitch in the SUV after he got arrested? It was hilarious.
BTW it was a DUI with injuries. Not a minor crime in my eyes. And he's a thief.

IngleHOOD is quite possibly the worst ghetto in SoCal. Its so nice that it is used as the approach to LAX. There are still plenty of empty lots from businesses destroyed in the 92 riots. And if it wasn't for the revenue the Forum (where the Lakers and Kings used to play) and Hollywood Park horse racing track (at least 15 miles from the city of Hollywood) that town would be in even worse shape. Please keep in mind how bad that sewer is when you see the video.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was once pulled out of my car by three douchebag Philadelphia Highway cops, smacked around a little, illegally searched and threatened with a beating just for being in the "wrong" neighborhood. What does that make me?
View Quote

Educated?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#19]
"auditory processing delays" my tired ass.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Educated?
View Quote

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't just being a snide little bitch.

I guess I did learn something that day:

1. Get names and badge numbers.
2. Some cops will do whatever they think they can get away with.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#21]
The cop that punched the handcuffed guy in the face should lose his job and any retirement benefits.

The suspect was grabbing his nuts - bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The cop that punched the handcuffed guy in the face should lose his job and any retirement benefits.

View Quote

The officer had put the "nut grabbing incident" in his arrest statement before he was even aware that a video had been done.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#23]
[url]http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/3544427p-4571945c.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Hmmmm...what is Inglewood like?  Good question.  Does the term Indian Country help?  That is down near Rep. Maxin Waters distrit (sic) and its in the heart of some of the toughest hoods in America.  I know...I grew up just over the 'border' of Manchester blvd. in Westchester.  We left about forty years ago for the burbs.  Pops could see the handwriting on the wall.  Our neighborhood was tough...theirs was primevil.  South Philly, Southeast DC, Detroit, South side Chicago have nothing on Ingelwood.

About the only way I would take my butt into that hood would be in a Bradley...or maybe an M1A2.  I damn sure wouldn't work there if I was a copper.

Anybody remember the pics of the Korean shopkeepers on their store roofs and the mob on the street playing Gunfight at the OK Corral during the '92 riots?  Both sides blasting away at each other.  Damndest thing I ever saw.  Simply amazing.  [uzi]

Going downtown Inglewood would be harder than taking Hue.

Homey don't go there...

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To all of the police use of force experts on this site:

My analysis, as a police internal affairs investigator, is this - The truck portion of the incident earns the officer a discharge.  Prosecution at misdemeanor level should be the maximum.  The filing of such a charge is very likely due to the public outcry (read potential of a black uprising).  I file such cases with the DA'S office and have never seen such a swift use of the Grand Jury in LA County.

My initial few viewings of the tape made me believe that the force was just payback for the cuts the officer received.  I looked closer and noticed the crotch issue before the media started talking about it.  I've had similar taped incidents that I showed to the DA's office and the conclusion is always that if there is resistance, the officer has the right to defend himself, within reason.  A punch (called use of personal weapons by PDs) is a relatively low level of force.  The public doesn't like the appearance of it when they see it.

Next, and you heard it here first, the apparent choking was actually a "C-clamp" which is designed to prevent the suspect from swallowing dope.  The kid had just been eating potato chips which may have looked like rocks of cocaine coming out of his mouth immediately after the punch.  Take note of the two-striper (probably a training officer).  He clearly is intent on what Officer Morse is saying immediately after the punch and does an obvious mouth sweep of the suspect for dope.

Flame away at my analysis if you choose, but don't think I'm soft on the issue.  It's my job to burn dirty cops, and I have two brutality cases pending with the LA Co. DA's office right now.  One that makes this little slapping incident seem rather mild.
View Quote

Doesn't matter and you know it.  The video screams out to the public.  No matter if the perp was about to shank the cop just an instant before the camera began rolling.  In our culture, what is seen is reality.  Then you throw in the Jonnie Cockroaches and what a nice mix you have out there.

In my mind...once the rat bastard is cuffed...he don't get the shit beat out of him.  Far too much of that in SoCal over the years anyway, and now every TV helo is watching  a perp bust...hoping to get the big scoop.  I understand the f#$king jungle that you guys operate in but that doesn't make kicking the crap out of the scumbag right.  Had he not been restrained...different story.  Once the cuffs are on...naughty...naughty.
[soapbox]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#26]
A little birdie told me based on the totality of the situation, there will be no charges filed against anybody but the 16 year old developmentally dysfunctional kid.

Now we will see how good my little birdie's Intel is,,,,

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A little birdie told me based on the totality of the situation, there will be no charges filed against anybody but the 16 year old developmentally dysfunctional kid.
View Quote

Sing it with me now!

"Burn baby, burn burn! Ghetto inferno!"

Or, as Brother James, the Godfather of Soul, would say:

"It's time for the Big Payback!"
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The officer had put the "nut grabbing incident" in his arrest statement before he was even aware that a video had been done.
View Quote

So what ? That proves nothing. The cop still has to make up an excuse becuase he knows that other people saw it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#30]
The stupid ass media made it sound like the screaming punk from the Explorer meant he was being tortured or something.  This ain't South Africa.  Take away a suspect and he disappears.

I think these punks get the cops to thrash them so they can get instant millions.  Of course someone always has a video of the situation.  Everyone wants to be "Like Rodney", King that is.  I think he's their role model.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top