Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2002 8:55:43 AM EDT
I'm collecting some trinkets for my preban M4gery, and I presume the M7 is the correct bayonet for this rifle, yes?  While looking around the web I found the M7 for about $35 but also an M9 bayonet for $150.  What's the M9 intended for, anybody know?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The M9 is the current issue bayonet.  

It is intended to be an "all purpose" utensil, but weighs so much you might as well buy an M7 and a real fighting knife.  They do look sweet on an M4 though. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure on the M9 bayo, but unless you have a 14.5" barrel and a pinned flashider, or a 14.5" ATF registered SBR with removable FH, the bayonet will not fit correctly...

It will slip over the flashider, but continue past 'till it locks on the lug, leaving the ring around the barrel instead of the FH...

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://web.tiscali.it/unitedstates/landwarrior2.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top