Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/11/2002 7:10:12 AM EDT
Yo, Imbroglio, old buddy, old friend, old pal....

Is there anyone / anything you like (other than kettle korn?) [}:D]

Bush is bad.

The NRA is bad.

Cops are bad.

Republicans are bad.

Give us some stuff you like. Just so we can know yer not like a crochety old cuss who dislikes even ice cream and gummy bears.

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I think for a start, womenz, The Constitution, freedom, Photoshop, zombie movies and Mall Ninjas are all cool with him, just from my observation[:D].

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
He may also like dry wit and satire.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#3]
My guess (and it's only a guess) would be

FREEDOM, the uncut, pure funk known as freedom.

You know, the kind you can only (at present) find in the darkest alleys on the lonely backstreets of this once free land.

"Psst. Hey buddy, I got something for ya, you looking for something?"

"What you got there?"

"FREEDOM. You want some?"

"How much?"

Yep. I bet he likes FREEDOM, and LIBERTY.

Course, that's only a guess.

"Beware the fury of a patient man" - John Dryden
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He may also like dry wit and satire.
View Quote

Yep. That and independent thought.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, if'fn y'all MUST turn this into a serious thread, here's my problem with the "Libertarian" mindset (that's basically what I'm thinkin' ya'll are talkin' about)

What I hear coming out of the mouths of Libertarians is "No one is ever tellin' me what to do. Ever." A sort of six-year old's defiance against mom.

Basically, I interpret their desire to be for a society almost without law (beyond don't steal, kill, or pee in my still.)

SORRY, CHARLIE, but laws exist for a reason.

I'm for freedom and liberty as much as the next guy. More so, really. For some, MUCH more so. But I still embrace Constitutional laws.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Basically, I interpret their desire to be for a society almost without law (beyond don't steal, kill, or pee in my still.)

SORRY, CHARLIE, but laws exist for a reason.

I'm for freedom and liberty as much as the next guy. More so, really. For some, MUCH more so. But I still embrace Constitutional laws.
View Quote

You mean like "Thou Shalt Not Build A Semiautomatic Assault Weapon On A Receiver Manufactured After September 1994;  Defined As A Rifle Capable Of Accepting A Detachable Magazine And With Two Or More Of The Following Features:  Flash Suppressor, Bayonet Lug, Conspicuously-Protruding Pistol Grip, Grenade Launcher, Beer Bottle Opener, Threaded Muzzle".

That sort of Constitutional law??

Or how about "Thine Vehicle Fleet Shalt Get Average Gas Mileage Of At Least 32MPG For Passenger Cars And 20MPG For Light Trucks.  If Thine Fleet Dost Not, Thou Shalt Be Finethed For Thine Efforts".

Or maybe "Thou Shalt Depreciate Thine Rental Real-Estate Across A Period Of Thirty Years, Unless Thou Art A Recovering Forest-Products Industry In the State of Louisiana Engaged In The Rural Louisiana Forestry Job Creation Program In Which Case Thou Mayest Depreciate Your Holding Across A Period Of Five Years".
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Achmed -

Show me where the Constitution says the Fed gov't can make ANY firearms laws.

Besides, my point was the general, overriding dislike against the CONCEPT of law that I hear in the voices of most Libertarians. I'm not saying that's what they beleive. I'm saying that what it SOUNDS LIKE they beleive.

I DO NOT want to go law by law thru the entire US Code.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
[blue]Edited to remove a pic. The link was changed from one pic to a different pic. Guess what kind of pic!?[:D]

No fault to 7.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I think we're prolly ALL in agreement that DEMON POSSESSED pussies are bad.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Achmed -

Show me where the Constitution says the Fed gov't can make ANY firearms laws.

Besides, my point was the general, overriding dislike against the CONCEPT of law that I hear in the voices of most Libertarians. I'm not saying that's what they beleive. I'm saying that what it SOUNDS LIKE they beleive.

I DO NOT want to go law by law thru the entire US Code.
View Quote

But that's the point.  Libertarians sound like they're against a lot of laws because we ARE against a lot of laws:  the 95% of them that are unconstitutional, pointless, vague, or just plain criminally stupid (such as the "go ahead and rape that unarmed woman" NYC disarmament laws).

Cut the crap laws out, enforce what actually matters, and you won't hear us complaining any more.

Does that make sense to you, or would you insist upon forcing a lot of laws on everyone that try to enforce the utopia that YOU want to create?  That's what got us into this mess in the first place (along with generalized corruption, stupidity, irrational reactions to events. . . .).
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Ain't nuthin' wrong with my kittie [:D]

[img]www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/lucas.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cut the crap laws out, enforce what actually matters, and you won't hear us complaining any more.

Does that make sense to you, or would you insist upon forcing a lot of laws on everyone that try to enforce the utopia that YOU want to create?  That's what got us into this mess in the first place (along with generalized corruption, stupidity, irrational reactions to events. . . .).
View Quote

I know what you say, and now that you say it, and explain it a bit, I largely agree with you (as I knew I would)

I'm talking about the perception that I KNOW many people have that Libertarians are just against the EXISTENCE of law. Even  Constitutional ones. It SCARES people into thinking ya'll are anarchists. Friggen jungle dwellers.

Take speed limits. Am I "happy" about them? No. Do I embrace their existence as they reduce the danger to me from idiot motorists? Yes, I do. (Speed limits for interstates are constitutional under interstate commerce laws. Local jurisdictions HAVE jurisdiction over local roads)

As far as me specifically, you KNOW I'm a very opinionated person with a viewpoint on every subject. And not even remotely hesitant in speaking that opinion. I challenge you to find a SINGLE example of where I have EVER advocated legislating "some utopia that I want to create" into existence.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#14]
[url]http://www.ustaxpayers.org/ustp-99p1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Liberty86 -

Far as I can tell, the US Constitution Party has the platform I agree with most.

And zero viable candidates.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#16]
btt
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone really give a tinkers f*ck what Imbroglio thinks about anything?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do.

He's an intelligent, articulate and devoted proponent of what he belives.

I just wanted to know if he's so jaded as to dislike everything, including ice cream and gummy bears.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#19]
And he's pretty funny too!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm talking about the perception that I KNOW many people have that Libertarians are just against the EXISTENCE of law. Even  Constitutional ones. It SCARES people into thinking ya'll are anarchists. Friggen jungle dwellers.

Take speed limits. Am I "happy" about them? No. Do I embrace their existence as they reduce the danger to me from idiot motorists? Yes, I do. (Speed limits for interstates are constitutional under interstate commerce laws. Local jurisdictions HAVE jurisdiction over local roads)
View Quote
Yes, and the interstate highway system was designed, I believe, with 90mph as the expected highway speed - in 1960's technology vehicles.  So slowing everything down to 55 to conserve gasoline was a great idea, no?  I'm with you, though, on [i]some[/i] limits being necessary.  Montana's "reasonable and prudent" got so badly abused I beleive they ended up instituting limits.

I'm with 71-hour Achmed - we're way to over-lawed and over-lawyered.  I don't think the Founders understood when they created the Legislative Branch that the members would find it necessary to pass innumerable laws as justification for their salaries.  They should have put a Constitutional limit on what our "elected representatives" could pass annually.

But then, I'm sure they'd have found some way around [i]that[/i] Constitutional restriction as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm with 71-hour Achmed - we're way to over-lawed and over-lawyered.  I don't think the Founders understood when they created the Legislative Branch that the members would find it necessary to pass innumerable laws as justification for their salaries.  They should have put a Constitutional limit on what our "elected representatives" could pass annually.

View Quote

I agree with hin too - In principle.

The destruction of the Republic was assured when "politician" became a year-round profession.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I know what you say, and now that you say it, and explain it a bit, I largely agree with you (as I knew I would)

As far as me specifically, you KNOW I'm a very opinionated person with a viewpoint on every subject. And not even remotely hesitant in speaking that opinion. I challenge you to find a SINGLE example of where I have EVER advocated legislating "some utopia that I want to create" into existence.
View Quote

Great!  Welcome aboard!  Join the LP! [:D]

As for peoples' perceptions, some of that has to do with the "informational campaigns" that LP candidates run -- which tend to highlight the extremes of policy -- but IMHO a lot has to do with disinformation, especially by the media and other political parties' activists.  They get to set the tone of debate, since they own the outlets and have the access, and they aren't shy about lying and distorting.  What was the truth about Ruby Ridge?  Most people even today think that Randy Weaver was a terrorist, if they remember it at all.  Ask them about the Clinton impeachment and they'll still say it was all about Bill's private sex life.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Garandman:
Educate the ignorant masses aside from political philosophy... What does "btt" in the  prior post mean? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#25]
^^^^^

ROFLMAO
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
It (imbroglio) hasn't even demonstrated that it actually CAN "think" about anything. Even a twoyear old can string together a bunch of kneejerk contrarian responses. Big fucking deal.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks garandman.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
It (imbroglio) hasn't even demonstrated that it actually CAN "think" about anything. Even a twoyear old can string together a bunch of kneejerk contrarian responses. Big fucking deal.
View Quote

Wow, you sure seem to know a lot about Imbroglio's posting history for someone with only nine posts.  What's your former screen name(s)?
View Quote
I'm a long time follower who recently got on board to voice my concerns and questions about the NRA and GOA and how they aren't REALLY pressing hard too protect the 2nd amendment. I guess once you sign up you get sucked in and so here I be.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Here I try to spread love and compassion to all and then there are those who insist on turning everything into a hate fest.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Imbroglio: I'm with you 100%. Hell, I think there's a strong possibility that I'm even more right wing than you are. [:D]

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Well lookee here! A couple profanity using cop hating anti-semetic domestic terrorists
View Quote

What a jerk. Hey why did you change your post?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Naawww, [b]Imbroglio[/b], 'love and compassion' is not what you've been spreading! [:D]

Not at all!

Eric The(ButSomethingEquallyWarm)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Did he change or did you change it because his doesn't say it's been edited.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

I give as much weight to what he says as I do to any other posters--and that has nothing to do with the fact that I agree with most of what I've seen him say.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What a jerk. Hey why did you change your post?
View Quote

Hmm, no "edited by" tag in his post, yet the text in your quote is different...makes you wonder about the motives of this "new" poster, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did he change or did you change it because his doesn't say it's been edited.
View Quote
I think it deleted the offending post and then reposted the "love and compassion" one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I think your a blue hat government official trying to undermine the credibility of one Imbroglio.  But that's just my opinion.

[peep]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think your a blue hat government official trying to undermine the credibility of one Imbroglio.  But that's just my opinion.

[peep]
View Quote

Imbroglio deleted the accustation of me and sukebe being domestic terrorists and then reposted a kinder and gentler post. Only Imbroglio can confirm whether it really posted that line or whether it will lie and deny posting it or whether it cowers and hides with a "no comment" reply.

NOW Imbroglio has a chance to show if it has any credibility, honor and integrity by admitting that it DID post that accusation or if is just a contrarian troll.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Ahlan! The original post was up for less than 20 seconds. I thought about it and then decided not to participate in the degrading hostility.

Salam alekum, my brother.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, I can't say I particularly blame you considering the unwarranted insults thrown your way.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

garandman, we Libertarians are not for a society free of laws.  I know you didn't mean all Libertarians when you said that, but you did make a generalization.

The Libertarian party is the party of personal responsibility and is against victimless crimes.  We aim to attain civil liberties yet we are not outlaws.  Furthermore, I hold the Constitution to be the highest law of the land.

For those interested in the Libertarian's issues, go here

[url]http://www.lp.org/issues/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ahlan! The original post was up for less than 20 seconds. I thought about it and then decided not to participate in the degrading hostility.

View Quote

I’m confused!! I thought that was the whole purpose behind the use of the Imbroglio persona.

3. Agent Provocateurs!!  Hahahaha

Mike
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good for you. Because to call me a "cop hating anti-semetic domestic terrorist" just because I said you haven't demonstrated an ability to think much beyond a twoyear old's level goes WAY beyond "degrading hostility".

Ahlan???? Salam alekum????? What's that? The final words of your brother Mohammed Ata???

Edited to add
I just looked up "Ahlan". I guess that means "Welcome"?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Garandman:
Educate the ignorant masses aside from political philosophy... What does "btt" in the  prior post mean? Thanks.
View Quote

It means "big time troll" as I was bumping this back up to the top as I saw Imbroglio come in the front door, and I wanted him to see my thread.

[:D]

Look up "imbroglio" in the dictionary, and you'll come to understand his AR15.com persona much better.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well after reading 3 pages of this thread I have my answer. Some do some don't. I thought it would be difficult to bring Imbroglio out of the woodwork. I was really just taking a cheap shot trying to see if I could get under his skin. I didn't think it would be so easy. In spite of his sense of humor he's pretty sensitive and doesn't like criticism. Like most people he can dish it out but can't take it. Or perhaps he just doesn't like it when people don't think the way he wants them to think. Anyway I was just turning the tables on him a little. Screwing with his head. Man was he easy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyway I was just turning the tables on him a little. Screwing with his head. Man was he easy.
View Quote
Like I said, like a twoyear old.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Reaganite,

What happened to that Mulligan thing you had going on?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top