I did 3 years ago,watching my daughter
come into the world.It was a special moment
for me,one I will surely never forget.
However,it had a detrimental effect on
my sexual desire for my wife.
How did it affect you man?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched both my children being born, and it had no effect on my sexual desire for my wife.  Having children, on the other hand, did. [:D]  It's kind of hard to have sex when both of the kids (3 and 1) are still sleeping in the room with us.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there, held her hand all the way through it...but NEITHER of us wanted to see the baby come out of her.  We rejected offers of a mirror and I studiously averted my eyes from my wife's nether regions when I went around to cut the baby's cord.  Since I did want to have sex with my wife again at some point, I didn't have any desire to have this image in my head of a little red alien poking its head out of her...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It did not affect me at all.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
It was by far the most amazing thing that I have ever seen.  I wouldnt have turned down the oportunity for the world.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never seen so much blood and shit in my entire life.  The births of both of my daughters were COMPLETELY natural (no drugs, at all).  Not because we wanted it that way, but my wife usually has about a 2 hour window between contractions and birth.  Some women may be envious, but there was never enough time to get any drugs and it was PAINFUL (to watch [;)]).
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I was with my wife when they gave her a C-section.  Uhg.

I thought it odd seeing her cut open, blood everywhere and her talking to me and holding my hand.  I definitely did my best to act really calm, cool and collected as she couldn't see what was going on.  

Didn't have any detrimental effect on my sexual desire for her though.  She's still a hotty.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
All 3, and it was also the most amazing thing. And also, kids to take a bit out of our sex life, but we decided a long time ago to make sure we had a regular sitter and have at least a once a week date night. It's just too easy to get into the "I'm tired" rut. I wouldn't have missed it for anything!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not sure I want to see my children being born but I would like to be there when they are conceived.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I watched both my kids being born.  I was the first one that ever touched/held my son when he came out.  If anything it made my wife more beautiful.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#11]
The first one affected me. But what affected me more was Delivering babies and seeing fetus's dead in toilet bowels. I don't know why I was turned off to sex for awhile but I was.
My wife also an EMT understood and we got through it. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to have sex after seeing a child born. I was told it could be 3-6 months before you want to.

What is wrong is not talking to your wife about it. If you hold those feelings in that is not good. If after 3 months you still feel like you do seek help and speak to someone. Just you admitting it here is a good sign.

Lot's of times the woman does not want to have sex. First of all she is still in lots of pain for a long time. It's not easy going through what she did. She aint screaming cause she is happy for all those hours.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw my daughter come into the world in march of 2001.  I would not have missed it for the world.  It was weird though, being her mother was in the room with us also.  I got to see the whole thing and cut the cord (damn, that thing is tough).  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
[url=www.theonion.com/onion3623/eight_pound_man.html]"Eight-Pound Man Removed From Woman's Vagina"[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah...all three times.  All three C-sections.  After the first time it gets kinda routine.

Got a green OR shirt with six footprints inked over the pocket.  Got the footprints in the delivery room for each kid.  Kinda like medals.  Gonna be tough deciding which of the Mutant Offspring gets that shirt.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I was there for the birth of my son.  Greatest day of my life.  I watched every last gory detail and loved it.  I cut the cord and watched as they cranked out the afterbirth(cool).  The wife and I divorced about a year later but I got custody of my son.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All 3, and it was also the most amazing thing. And also, kids to take a bit out of our sex life, but we decided a long time ago to make sure we had a regular sitter and have at least a once a week date night. It's just too easy to get into the "I'm tired" rut. I wouldn't have missed it for anything!
View Quote

Yeah, we're like that on Sunday.  Sunday is our day.  We got to church, head to lunch at my mother-in-law's, and then the kids stay with her all day while my wife and I do what we want to.  Some weeks we even get a second day, as Grandma has been wanting to see more of the kids as her schedule allows.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I said I wouldn't look, but when the doc said theres the crown I was down there in a flash. Glad I did, it happened so quick once the head was out, and seeing the baby turn itself to get the shoulders through was incredible. Naturally I cried with joy, very emotional time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Yup. The #1 girl born April 1st, the doc said, "it's a boy"! I was RIGHT THERE LOOKIN", and I see no "package". She says, "April fools".It was a beautiful thing. I won't go into girl #2, she was born on Friday the 13th. Another beautiful thing.
AB
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep watched it.Cried like a baby most of the time.It really was somthin to see.Sexual desire wasnt really affected much.Just couldnt muff dive for awhile.LOL!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Watched both of mine....

All I could say for the fist one was Damn Damn Damn...

By the second I had worked up to WOW!!

they were both premies..

#1 was 4 weeks 6 lb 9 oz

#2 was 7 weeks 5 lb 7 oz

As for sex?

Well I was happy to be back at it ASAP!!

Gotta love the titty farie!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I participated in all three. Held my wifes legs and counted for the breathing, cut the cords, the doc even had me finish removing the babies from the baby hole (all that baby fliud pouring out).

Still hot for my wife though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Did I watch? Hell I was the Lamaze master, coaching and puffing and urging the wife to push, and videotaping all the while (not the private bits), until her head spun around like Linda Blair's and she cursed me as if with the voice of Satan himself. [}:D]

I cut the cord myself! The Doc gave me the surgical scissors, and when we had Sean 3 years later, they autoclaved 'em so I could use them on his cord too!

As far as guys who don't go in the room: If you don't go thru it with her, you are a wuss. A wuss!

She was a little sore for awhile, but healed up fine for round 2! [BD]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#24]
araddict,
Damn I'm glad there's another one who
felt the same way that I did.
I'm with you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I watched the first 2 and now get to watch the 3rd that is due December 25th. Its really something to see all fathers to be should watch the birth of their kids they will never forget it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#27]
If you have a desire problem, that you feel is caused by watching the birth of your child, I strongly suggest that you find a resource to talk to about it. (No, the AR15.COM boards don't count)  

I'd start by making an appointment with your wife's OB/GYN.  The Doctor has seen and heard it all and can offer you some valuable insite into what is bothering you.  This is especially true if the Dr. is of the male persuasion.  If the Dr. can't help you, you're way ahead of where you are now since he/she can refer you to someone else that can.

BTW, I watched, held, cried and whooped it up for the birth of all 8 of mine. I still find my wife to be extrordinary and my desire hasn't wained over the years and the kids, it's grown stronger.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I was there, and I videotaped it too!  [:)]

Didn't effect me in an adverse way at all.  It was truly amazing.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Didn't douse the desire at all, guess thats why my kids are 10 1/2 months apart huh?

I can say I don't really want to see my wife's guts on the outside of her body again though. C-sections are not exactly pretty.

Doc asked if I wanted to cut the cord, I just said 'Isn't that what we pay you for?'.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Awsome.  Tried to snap a pic of my daughter as she was comming out.   I guess I got a little excited.  The doc said hang on let me get her cleaned up a little for the first pic.  
No prob with desire.  Like others, it is harder to take care of business with little ones lurking about.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I watched for both.  Both were induced.  The second scared the shit out of me--she popped out almost before they could get the Dr. in the room (when the nurse grabs the intercom, and says can we get some help in here and 5 people suddenly rush into the room, you know something's up).  Worse yet was that the second had a 0 out of 5 Apgar score (for those of you that know what it means)--she's fine now, but still a royal pain in the ass.

AFARR

Oh, yeah, as for sex--with two kids 16 months apart, I think I can vaguely remember using my pee-pee for something other than urination--but it's been too long to remember specifics.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Unfortunately, I was away in the Navy when she was born in August of 1969.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh I watched.... WOW!!  Does that thing ever open up. I lost no desire, just thought I may need to invest in an enlargment pump or somthing.

Best experience of my life. I have two boys and I would not trade them for the world.

THE Question is: How many of you have watched a circumsition. OUCH! I turned white as a ghoust and almost hit the floor.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I know you are asking dad's but I know the answer my husband would give!  With his first two(first wife) he was not allowed to be in the room.  It didn't bother him too much until we had our son and he was right there with me!  When our son was born he was absolutely amazed!  It was the first time I ever saw him cry and he looked at me with a look I'll never forget!
As far as desire- I think it got better!  No complaints from me anyway!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I made it to both of mine, but I had to leave the range in a Blackhawk and drive hard for 10 hours to make one of them.

I loved it, shot pics and got pretty involved with the delivery of both.

No effect on desire, especially by the time the postpartum was over and she was returned to service.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I was in the delivery romm with my wife for our two youngest.  Ain't nothing like getting called every name in the book and getting the blame for her being there! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I watched our only son born 5 years ago.  It was awesome.  Also it was a C SECTION!!!

I watched from the first cut of the knife to the moment when I saw my boy's purple butt appear out of her stomach. I was literally standing right next to my wife giving her the play by play as it happened.  They gave her a spinal so she was totally awake for it all.  It was INCREDIBLE.  I truly know my wife inside and out!!!  It went very fast too.  Took longer to put her back together then it did to open her up.  As far as it effecting my desire for her, didn't put a dent in it.  I was chasing her around the house 3 weeks later.

patsue
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yup. The #1 girl born April 1st, the doc said, "it's a boy"! I was RIGHT THERE LOOKIN", and I see no "package". She says, "April fools".It was a beautiful thing. I won't go into girl #2, she was born on Friday the 13th. Another beautiful thing.
AB
View Quote

Gotcha beat April Fools Day and Flag Day.
Both were c section.I was there for both.
I did almost pass out though.Not from the blood and gore though.Doctors were closing her back up I thought.They were delivering the placenta.I didnt know this though.Doctor says heres another.I thinking whats he talking about.Stand up from the stool were I'm talking to my wife.Doctor has ahold of something that looks like another head.Couple hits on the oxygen mask set things straight.

When I touched my first son,I never felt anything softer.I was also truly amazed that you could be so in love with a person you have only known for a few seconds.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Watched my little girl being delievered Oct 1st 31/2 yrs ago and will never forget it. The best day of my life by far. Wouldn't trade that day for anything.      [bounce]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am not sure I want to see my children being born but I would like to be there when they are conceived.
View Quote

So I guess I am gonna have to quit my new cushy job to kepp my resident smartass status?  Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#42]
yeppers, both of them.  Wouldn't have missed it for the world and highly recommend it...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Did you witness the birth of your child?

No, but if you send $19.95, you can see the conception on VHS. [sex]
The running time is 06 min.
Ok, I'm just being a smarta$$. I'll go now.

My hats off to those who are proactive parents from day one. It's nothing to make a baby, but it takes a real man to be a father.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I was overseas when my daughter was born, but I was present for my son coming into the world.  I even got to cut the cord when my first grandson was born.  My daughter said she wouldn't have wanted it any other way.  It was a true honor for her to want me there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#45]
The birth of my daughter was he most amazing thing I had ever seen.

yep, I cried a bit too!

By the time intimacy became a reality again any misgivings were completely gone...though I can't say they would ever have prevented me.

Problem was finding time one or the other , or both. of us  weren't exhausted.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I was with my wife when both our children were born. In many ways it is a beautiful and miraculous experience.

However, there is NOTHING uglier than a newborn. I still remember my wife crying "oh, she's so beautiful." And I was there thinking, "Yuk, I sure hope that kid's looks change quick." They did and within a few minutes she almost looked human.

Oh, and I didn't have any pain either time [:D]

NMSight
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#47]
My wife said that she would not allow me to
watch our daughter being delivered. I said okay, whatever you prefer. I thought it was best not to stress her out over it. Of course I could not miss this event. I ran down to the end of the bed and watched the whole thing. I watched our doctor do the episiotomy, deliver our daughter, deliver the placenta, and watched him stitch the wife up. The doctor evidently thought that he was going to disgust me by showing me the placenta and amniotic sac. Joke was on him, I actually thought it was pretty interesting to see.

The lag time for the episiotomy to heal up seemed like eternity. Witnessing the birth did not slow down the sex drive at all.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#48]
My daughter was born in a German hospital and there (Germany) I took classes on childbirth, I got to deliver my daughter under the supervision of a mid-wife...the Doc came in later to check vitals...it was a very profound moment for me and I'll always cherish that memory...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Watched two of the three being born, even cut the cord. No affect, and glad I was there. It gave me a newfound respect for what pain is really all about. She had them natural. If it were left to me to have kids, we would be extinct as a species!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I was there for the delivery of both of my boy's.  It's a life changing experience.  I can remember the birth of my first son when the doctor turned to me and said: "Son, if you don't BREATH your going to pass out."

Yeah, I think it did affect my desire for awhile, but I was over it long before she was.[;D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top