Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2002 2:27:40 PM EDT
I love'em,or I did till I
found out they are grown in
cowshit!Did you know that man?
My Gosh!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, you've heard of fertilizer beofre, right?  Most things are grown that way.  Though I'll admit to a lesser extent.

Mmmmm, mushrooms.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL!

I don't know, I thought it was horse manure.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Morels are the best! YUMMY!
AB
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
How many north dakota wheat fields have you driven past. oooo ooo that smell. I love it.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been going mushroom hunting, off an on, for 45 years.
I've got a couple of books, the National Audubon Society Field Guide To North American Mushrooms, being my favorite, that are essential for identification.
It's fun tramping around the woods in the fall, looking for and harvesting mushrooms. Some days we've come back with fifty pounds of puffballs, oysters, hen of the woods, etc.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Stare really hard at my avatar, and then you tell me... [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]
When my kids were little and I would take them out for dinner, I would tell the waitress, "I'll have an order of Fungus". Kids wouldn't even consider touching them. [:D]

Then one day, one of them smartened up and realized, that they were mushrooms and I have to get three orders now! I think they order them just to get back at me!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't really like the toxicology of psylocibes. Mushrooms CAN be hazardous to your health and even result in death in the case of an extreme overdose. They are also very bitter. Nature has a way of telling us what is harmful. The sense of taste is not just for pleasure.

I know I can sit and eat 1/2 pound of shitakes or morels. I would be a bad bad candidate if I were a newbie kid and didn't know better.

I bet that would be one heck of a going out party though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stare really hard at my avatar, and then you tell me... [}:D]
View Quote

Saw that guy one night. Never again! [:(]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I have heard of this magical place where the sun hardley shines and it is rainy and cool. There is this magical fungus that grows in the fields where large female bovines leave their droppings......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top