Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2002 5:51:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I saw one of these at a kiosk in Lakeside mall yesterday afternoon.  I was actually laughing my ass off while eating my pretzel.  SOB tried to run and made it approximately 4' before getting his ass beat down.  They just closed up shop for him and took the kiosk out the door.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
It is funny because it was not happening to you.

No worries, right?  You are not of middle eastern descent, why would they come after you?

What happens when this bearacracy runs out of middle eastern terrorists to go after?  DO they fold up shop?  Do they declare their work done?

Hmmm, I think not, they still have mortgage bills to pay, college tuitions for ht tots to think of.  They will think of a new group that needs to be "dissappeared", at that point, it might not be just quite so funny.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is funny because it was not happening to you.

No worries, right?  You are not of middle eastern descent, why would they come after you?

What happens when this bearacracy runs out of middle eastern terrorists to go after?  DO they fold up shop?  Do they declare their work done?

Hmmm, I think not, they still have mortgage bills to pay, college tuitions for ht tots to think of.  They will think of a new group that needs to be "dissappeared", at that point, it might not be just quite so funny.
View Quote
God, you are amazing.  Your life must be miserable if you really think like this.

Avoid the rush, end it all now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#7]
You're absolutely right...better we should just let these guys funnel money to people who are trying to kill us.  That way when the next big terrorist strike comes and kills thousands, the same frigging whiners can bitch about how the government hasn't done enough to protect us.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#8]
It's already happened in Washington state.  In the south end of Seattle, there was a Somali-owned grocery store in a small strip mall with two or three other Somali-owned businesses.  One of them was raided on suspicion of money-laundering for terrorists (they were one of the places that was handling transfers of money from local Somalis to their families back in Somalia), which might or might not be a legitimate target (IMHO probably it was).

However, the cops didn't just shut down that business.  They shut down all of the businesses in that mall, including the grocer.  They locked up all the food and let it rot.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Learn a little history bud, to wit:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Learn a little history bud
View Quote

I know history...I know a little history that happened not even a year ago.  Y'see, there were these Muslim extremists that are supported by other Muslim extremists all over the world, and they put moles in our country for years until the right moment, then they flew two jetliners into the World Trade Center and another into the Pentagon...killed about 3,000 people.  You might have heard about it on the news...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Learn a little history bud
View Quote

I know history...I know a little history that happened not even a year ago.  Y'see, there were these Muslim extremists that are supported by other Muslim extremists all over the world, and they put moles in our country for years until the right moment, then they flew two jetliners into the World Trade Center and another into the Pentagon...killed about 3,000 people.  You might have heard about it on the news...
View Quote

, and so, because of that, you are willing to give up what makes America great?  You are willing to take the easy quick way instead of the long hard way?  

No thanks.  What they use against "terrorists" (or in this case, jewlers) today, *will*, without a doubt be used against you tommorow, and do not doubt that they will have a great, plausiable reason to use it against you.

Those jewelers (as of this mornings) were still being held, no lawyer, no charges, nada.

If that doesn't scare you worse than even the images of the two planes crashing into the Twin Towers, you are a fool.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#12]
The question I have is whether or not these actions were a result of "the new rules" or not.  If they were hit on the old rules (decent proof), I'm fine with that.  It they were raided on mere suspicion, or hersay, I'll change my tune!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
and so, because of that, you are willing to give up what makes America great?
View Quote

No, I am willing to let the federal law enforcement agencies do their job and try to keep Al Quaida from getting monetary support from businesses in the US.
It's only alarmists such as yourself that see that as somehow giving up our freedoms.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
and so, because of that, you are willing to give up what makes America great?
View Quote

No, I am willing to let the federal law enforcement agencies do their job and try to keep Al Quaida from getting monetary support from businesses in the US.
It's only alarmists such as yourself that see that as somehow giving up our freedoms.  
View Quote

Rikwriter, maybe you don't understand, but there already has been laws passed which do away with many of the rights you take for granted, secret searches, no problem, held without counsel, ok, not able to face your accusers, done away with.  Just like the RICO stuff that was never going to be used except on kingpins if we allowed them to pass it, it is now used to take all sorts of property from innocent citizens.

Nope, you may be willing to trust government, but government is nothing but the exercise of raw power, and I don't want them to have any more tools in their arsenal to use.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell it like it is Hielo. This is the start folks. They are creating the building blocks to destroy the freedoms we have right now. Our very own internal gestapo is being formed. Do I say this to defend muslim terrorists? No. Not in the least, boot them out of the country or drown them in lead weighted sacks if they are guilty....... means nothing to me. I am concerned with the infrastructure they are building to just haul people off and disappear them. And yes, it is right there in the history books.

Remember the oft repeated truism, that history repeats itself, because it most assuredly does.

Dram out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top