Quoted:
What's going on here?

Seinfeld

My first failure of the new thread!!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's going on here?

i haven't figured it out yet, but it's itchy and persistent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:25:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I awoke this morning to "we don't have any hot water"

frackin safety switch tripped out

Any idea why?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's going on here?

Seinfeld

My first failure of the new thread!!!

<a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/leftleftrightright.gif</a><a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/leftleftrightright.gif</a><a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/leftleftrightright.gif</a>
<a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/leftleftrightright.gif</a><a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/leftleftrightright.gif</a><a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/leftleftrightright.gif</a>

*golf clap*
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

well, two showers, a bath, dishwasher, and washing machine all were done within 2hours last night.  probably just ran too long and the temp switch didn't like it
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

well, two showers, a bath, dishwasher, and washing machine all were done within 2hours last night.  probably just ran too long and the temp switch didn't like it

hit that reset button.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:34:50 AM EDT
[#10]
ok, my 24/365 brethren, i'm off to crash out.

need my beauty sleep.

i'll see y'all later today!!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ok, my 24/365 brethren, i'm off to crash out.

need my beauty sleep.

i'll see y'all later today!!!

Later gator!
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Can I be on a team?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Im slipping.

page 2 check in
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:48:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:52:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

hit that reset button.

i did, at 4:00 AM EST.  I had a nice hot shower at 5:15
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can I be on a team?

babnana team?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can I be on a team?

You are now playing for the "I have no money but my wife is loaded" team.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

What temp do you have it set to maintain?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:56:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I be on a team?

You are now playing for the "I have no money but my wife is loaded" team.

that team sucks

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

ummmm, a little past the white "recommended" line.  I only use hot water in my showers, so not quite scolding hot I guess, although my tolerances are a little screwy
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:58:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

ummmm, a little past the white "recommended" line.  I only use hot water in my showers, so not quite scolding hot I guess, although my tolerances are a little screwy

Time to go tankless!
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

Time to go tankless!

LOVE my Rinnai.

There is probably something wrong with your control as it should not allow your tank to overheat to the point the thermal safety shuts it off.  How old is it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Good morning.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

Time to go tankless!

LOVE my Rinnai.

There is probably something wrong with your control as it should not allow your tank to overheat to the point the thermal safety shuts it off.  How old is it?

little over a year.  the controls and burner set was replaced earlier this year under warranty.  if this damn thing goes out again, I will get tankless, I've wired up a few, and like the results
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Morning!

Fury, I also had a dream you got us locked. I dreamed that you wrote the OP in miniature font that was miles long. Then DK_Prof came in and yelled at all of us. I said "sorry for party rocking" and he gave me a time out. Then 24/365 was nuked. Bad dream bro

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Morning!

Fury, I also had a dream you got us locked. I dreamed that you wrote the OP in miniature font that was miles long. Then DK_Prof came in and yelled at all of us. I said "sorry for party rocking" and he gave me a time out. Then 24/365 was nuked. Bad dream bro

is it a sign?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Morning!

is it a sign?

Nope. Fury didn't make "wall-o-text" in 0.5 sized font. I think we're good.

I will not however be telling DK "sorry for party rocking" ever.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Morning!

You spend to much time here if you're dreaming about 24/365.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Morning!

Leave it to Pita to get to the core of the issue

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Morning!

TA-D!

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#33]
in on 2 I suppose.

The GF tells me she wants oatmeal now. Winning because it's a hell of a lot easier to make in the morning than sausage and pancakes.

How are you folks?

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Morning!

TA-D!

Where the hell is Rupe anyway? Haven't seen him in a while

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

in on 2 I suppose.

The GF tells me she wants oatmeal now. Winning because it's a hell of a lot easier to make in the morning than sausage and pancakes.

How are you folks?

Morning cyrus.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:46:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

Time to go tankless!

LOVE my Rinnai.

Dude, how wrong can one guy be? What is with all this sound advice you are giving in GD of all places??? Clearly he has only one solution. Put in a thermal shutoff valve with a much much higher cutoff temp
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Happy Monday! and I'm off to work
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Drive safe. Don't get stuck in a roundabout
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Hi bye! Have a good day Ich

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#40]
In on one...

Don't believe me you say!?

Well...

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

Time to go tankless!

LOVE my Rinnai.

little over a year.  the controls and burner set was replaced earlier this year under warranty.  if this damn thing goes out again, I will get tankless, I've wired up a few, and like the results

What brand is your current one?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Oh, not to be overly critical or anything, but you had at least two errors that I could see in the OP fury.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

Time to go tankless!

LOVE my Rinnai.

Dude, how wrong can one guy be? What is with all this sound advice you are giving in GD of all places??? Clearly he has only one solution. Put in a thermal shutoff valve with a much much higher cutoff temp

For the win -

Remove thermal shut off and pressure relief valve.  Insert plugs.

Wait outside and video for our entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Oh, not to be overly critical or anything, but you had at least two errors that I could see in the OP fury.

Oh really..
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea why?

Gas or electric?

Gas

Time to go tankless!

LOVE my Rinnai.

Dude, how wrong can one guy be? What is with all this sound advice you are giving in GD of all places??? Clearly he has only one solution. Put in a thermal shutoff valve with a much much higher cutoff temp Bypass the thermal shutoff valve.

FIFY

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really..

I'll give you one of them. "mu" is not a word in the sense that you used it (it is a greek letter, but you were not going for that )
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
<snip>

For the win -

Remove thermal shut off and pressure relief valve.  Insert plugs.

Wait outside and video for our entertainment.

FINALLY!!!!! Some GD approved advice
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:16:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really..

I'll give you one of them. "mu" is not a word in the sense that you used it (it is a greek letter, but you were not going for that )

What the hell are you talking about.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really..

Also, are you sure you are borderline "restarted"

ETA: you said "mu" instead of "my" when talking about lifting your truck.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really..

Also, are you sure you are borderline "restarted"

I was half in the bag when I wrote that, cut me some slack.
Page / 136
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top