Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2001 3:47:25 PM EDT
Hummmmmmmm Looks like we might end up moving to Iowa City in 16 months. I've been looking around for jobs after retireing from the military and I've found a job with the Iowa Dept of Corrections in IA city.

Soooooooooo what's IA city like, last time I was there was back in 89.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I live closer to Des Moines tha Ia city. Haven't been around there much. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
what kinda pos. at DOC
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Iowa City is a pretty allright town

The drawbacks I would say are the people, it is a college town and kinda a liberal one at that, and the cost of living. It is really growing and homes in suburbia are expensive.

The kewl things are, great hospital with UofI there, lots of good shopping and events going on (concerts whatever), and short drive to the country for good hunting or outdoor activities.

Also some of the finest dining around. Good access to Interstate, easy to get around there too

If you come this way give a holler, we'll show ya round

Later
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me do you the greatest favor anyone will ever do. Pagliai's Pizza 302 E. Bloomington. You owe me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
   Your wife and daughters will like the Coralville Mall, which is just west of you.

(end of smart-aleck sexist remarks)

You'll be able to take advantage of your retirement benefits at the small commissary and PX (a/k/a MCX, NEX, and BX) here at the Rock Island Arsenal.  We're about an hour east via I-80.  You should consider dropping the Mrs off to shop and then visiting the Arsenal Museum, which has LOTS of firearms on display.  

Send me a note off-line if you want more info on the Arsenal   [email protected]      
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
GO to the gun store at the Coralville Mall ITs called Sheilds damn big and cool store.Also theirs a surplus store in Cedar Rapids ang a few gun stores too. [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Scheels is high priced IMO. There's a shop in Cedar Rapids, on the west edge. The guy does some gunsmithing and there is a range in the basement. Good prices last time I was there. Also Kays had a good selection of pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top