[#2]
UM.....  WHat is it?

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
what are those??
View Quote

Maybe it's the world's most powerful bug zapper.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Tesla coil and laser?

What do I win?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah,

I wanted one at that age, but not very practical. I'll stick to lusting after a really good Schmidt Cassagrin telescope. I can still mentally justify one of those.

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's a 1,500,000 volt tesla coil and a handheld burning laser. But you probably figured that out by following the url:) J/k
View Quote

What URL?  I just looked at the pictures.

Are those legal in WA?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
j/k means just kidding :)

those are legal everywhere I think. laser is hazardous material though I think.
View Quote

Oh.

I was kidding about it being legal.  In OR, we can buy switchblades and machine guns and silencers, but not bottle rockets and firecrackers.  In WA, you can buy bottle rockets, etc, but not the class three stuff.  At least that's my understanding.

Wow, this is the first time I've had an almost real time chat with someone.

So, what do I win? [:I]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
respect
View Quote

Thank you.  I would've settled for a beer. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah,

I wanted one at that age, but not very practical. I'll stick to lusting after a really good Schmidt Cassagrin telescope. I can still mentally justify one of those.

-legrue
View Quote

Is there such thing that is larger than 5"?
View Quote

Not sure, I've been out of the telescope market so long, I would have to research them all over again. Even if there wasn't, I would probably still go for a SG over a Newtonian just because of portability issues. And forget a refractor.

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a 1,500,000 volt tesla coil and a handheld burning laser. But you probably figured that out by following the url:) J/k
View Quote

Are those legal in WA?
View Quote

If you right click on a posted photo, and go down to "properties", the URL that the photo is from will be listed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Are those legal in WA?
View Quote

If you right click on a posted photo, and go down to "properties", the URL that the photo is from will be listed.
View Quote

Oooooh.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, I know what you are saying about the time for set up, but I figure I will photograph, so there you go.

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm kinda a Dobsonian fan.   When it comes to setting up in the field, you can get a 17" Doby up and viewing before you can get your mount lined up on a equitorial.  Since I don't photograph, I don't need the extra hassles of that mount.
Then again, if you just set it down on a flat and don't track, I guess a little SG would be great.  I've a C-5 that Ive used as a spotting scope that I like.  My dad has a C11 and C14, but a couple of larger Dobys.  Some of them turn into work!
View Quote

I've had Meade and Celestron Schmitt-Cats from 8" to 10".  IMHO, the quality is not as good as the scopes look. f/10 is really fast for deep space and image shift is a beeotch. The C11 is the beginning of the really good scopes quality wise, IMHO.  The difference between a Meade 10" and 12" is laughable.  The difference between "the idiots will never know" to true entry level research grade.  The difference between Tasco and Nikon.  Want Zeiss class?  Go Takahashi.

I'll take my Televue 101 every time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top