Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:56:07 AM EDT
Just got done stuffing my face with Sonic goodness.  Double bacon cheezeyburger w/ fries, popcorn chicken with ranch dip, and cold, clean milk to wash it all down.  Aaaaahhhh, good, greasy 'Merkin food, the kind of stuff that made this country great.

Serially, I work third shift, so come 6 AM, I want dinner, but everyplace is serving breakfast.  You can only eat so much eggs & home fries before you crave a good, greasy burger and fries.  I'd seen a Sonic & meant to try them some day.

So then, jonesin for a burger, stop in, and...

And the rest, as they say, is history.  Now, stuffed with cheap, greasy food & quaffing brewskis, I'm posting on Arf as to the goodness that is Sonic.  Even had one of their disgusting footlong chili cheeze dawgs the other day, which was just as greasy.

Thank you, God, for saving my egg-ravaged taste buds!
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Their Chicago-style hot dogs are the best ones I've had outside of Chicago.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#2]
You should know that the meat in that double cheeseburger is full of pink slime and brine. It's really no better than dogfood.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I like that their banana shakes have real banana in them.  And the service times are always reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You should know that the meat in that double cheeseburger is full of pink slime and brine. It's really no better than dogfood.

Aaahhh, now that's good 'Merkin food...

Serially, all this folderal about pink slime is much ado about nothing.  Basically, it's hamburger; just a little more finely ground.  Been eating it for years.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The one in my county opens in a few days. I'm avoiding it until at least June.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#6]
They're one of the few fast food places (that I know of) where you can get a cheeseburger for breakfast.

Jack in the Box is the other that I can think of.

I like them, but the local one did something I didn't think was possible.

Got one of their burgers served cooked to Medium doneness.

Didn't think that was possible with a patty that thin.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I have always loved Sonic. Yeah it's greasy but it just adds to the flavor. My husband can't stand their burgers but he does like the popcorn chicken. I like to dip everything in their merinera and ranch.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The ones we have here are putrid.

They do not change the cooking oils frequently enough....the tater tots / fries are the worse.

thumbs down big time
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/public/smIMG_1867.jpg

That makes me want one even more!

Now if only some place around here did Italian beef sammiches.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have always loved Sonic. Yeah it's greasy but it just adds to the flavor. My husband can't stand their burgers but he does like the popcorn chicken. I like to dip everything in their merinera and ranch.

You just broke my heart.

Really, tho, always a welcome out for a lady with good taste.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just broke my heart.

I'm open minded.

Who cares if he is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#14]
The fast food onion rings of the Gods.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have always loved Sonic. Yeah it's greasy but it just adds to the flavor. My husband can't stand their burgers but he does like the popcorn chicken. I like to dip everything in their marinera and ranch.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys call that a hotdog?

All I'm seeing is tomato, onions, peppers, relish, mustard......... and a pickle.  Where's the damn dog???
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Never had one in Chicago, but I do like the ones at Sonic.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Sonic burgers suck balls.  There should never be more onion than meat on a burger .

Fries - BK is better. Burgers - anything is better. Shakes -McD's is better.  McFlurry is orders of magnitude better than any Sonic Blast I've had.  At one time Sonic had Peanut Butter shakes, which were crazy awesome. Since the local ones stopped serving those, I haven't been in months, maybe a year or more actually.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

you should do some research before spouting crap about things you know nothing about
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Love going there for everything except the onion rings.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never had one in Chicago, but I do like the ones at Sonic.

It's been many years since my last trip to Chi-town (memory fading....), but I fell in love with them. If anything is different, the ones I had in Chicago use a slightly better quality meat. The rest is pretty much the same. It's a very good reproduction.

I've been to several other places around that serve 'Chicago style' dogs and they all sucked.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#22]
The fine people from Wisconsin have this one g
uys:

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#23]
They closed the Sonics in Cedar City, UT and in St. George, UT. several years ago. I miss Sonic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Here in the Sonic Capital of the World, the Sonics are VERY hit and miss.  The one nearest my house is fantastic and regularly serves me cheeseburgers that are as good as Smashburger or Fuddruckers.  The Sonic nearest to where I work serves luke-warm burgers with what feels and tastes like 3-day old buns.  

I'm a big Sonic fan and have been since the 70's but I don't see them going in a positive direction.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Sonic is only good for drinks and shakes. At that, they excel.

Everything else is varying degrees of suck.

And I am from OK.

Guess their tots are good.

Having originated in OK, there is a Sonic on every corner. Drive the backroads of the state, come across a dead/dying town with a population of 100. They'll have a Sonic. Guaranteed.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just broke my heart.

I'm open minded.

Who cares if he is.

Oooh, I like you even better!

What is your avatar, by-the-by?  Is that the Emerald City in the background?  It looks like Dorthy ditched that ghastly Amish skirt & geared up for the Wicked Witch.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fries - BK is better.

Which is why you order tots.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sonic burgers suck balls.  There should never be more onion than meat on a burger .

Fries - BK is better. Burgers - anything is better. Shakes -McD's is better.  McFlurry is orders of magnitude better than any Sonic Blast I've had.  At one time Sonic had Peanut Butter shakes, which were crazy awesome. Since the local ones stopped serving those, I haven't been in months, maybe a year or more actually.

I have to agree about the onions but I don't like onions on my burgers. I get mine with mustard and pickle only and I always get tots instead of fries.

I wish they would bring back the chocolate cream pie shake. That was the best.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

SILENCE!!!!!!   Begone, you heathen!
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just broke my heart.

I'm open minded.

Who cares if he is.

Oooh, I like you even better!

What is your avatar, by-the-by?  Is that the Emerald City in the background?  It looks like Dorthy ditched that ghastly Amish skirt & geared up for the Wicked Witch.

It's Blondie from the movie Sucker Punch
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Never ate at one. In the Metro we stopped at one, but one of the workers outside said we had to go to a school, pickup some flyer, then comeback. So we went to McD's instead.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Foot long chili cheese Coney with onions, chili cheese tator tots with onions and a Rte. 44 unsweetened iced tea please.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Sonic is pretty good, but their quality varies from one location to the next.  If you had it once and didn't like it, I really suggest trying another location.

Quoted:

I've been there a few times.  It was ok, but nothing great.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#34]
My favorite thing to get at Sonic is a Route 44 Limeade Slush... until I'm wanting to scream from brain freeze right after I get it.

Many of the carhops here still do their job on roller skates.  I like that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Here you dropped your tofu.................

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This.  Culver's rocks.  My nearest Culver's happens to be across the street from Sonic, I rarely go to Sonic anymore.  

I used to like Sonic.  It seems anymore that every time I go there, they do something to piss me off.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Love their banana splits!

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Five Guys > all other burger chains.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Checking in for soggy mediocre fries and over priced burgers......check.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#42]
sonic tater tots for the win!
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Whataburger Is the greatest fast food burger ever,I don't eat much fast food,but Whataburger owns.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Checking in for soggy mediocre fries and over priced burgers......check.  

I had my first Five Guys experience on Tuesday. To say it was a let down would be an understatement.

And I can eat a Super Sonic breakfast burrito three meals a day and never get tired of it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Smash Burger>Five guys

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Fail.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Route 44 oceanwater ftw.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#49]
closest sonic is almost 2 hours away...

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Why did they have to get rid of some of my Sonic favorites? Hickory burger...gone. Chicken strip dinner...gone. Frito chili pie...gone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top