Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/9/2002 3:07:17 PM EDT
With each passing day I echo the words of Florence King:

"I can't listen to Rush anymore.  Those hokey populist conservative drive me up the wall.  They think saying 'God' and 'family' every three seconds makes you a conservative.  I'm an agnostic old maid but I'm more conservative than any of them."

Personally I like Walter E. Williams better than the old windbag Rush.  He's a free-market economic conservative.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
[size=4]I love Rush Limbaugh![/size=4]

[size=4]Hillary Clinton Hates Rush Limbaugh![/size=4]

That says it all for me![:D]

BTW, Walter E. Williams loves Rush Limbaugh, but don't let that stop you from hating him!

Miss King doesn't write a column called 'The Misanthrope's Corner' for nothing, you know!

Rush is the reason the Republicans even have a prayer in most National Elections! Ask them!

The Liberals have yet to come up with anyone who can possibly shut him down, and Lord, have they tried: Jim Hightower, Mario Cuomo, and some folks who are better left forgotten!

So, Rush mentions 'God' and 'family' too much for [u]your[/u] tastes and so you can't stand him?

Are you [u]certain[/u] that you're one of us?[:D]

Eric The(BoldDittohead!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Having the freedom to choose doesn't prevent me from having the freedom to voice my opinion.

I didn't choose to vote for Al Gore, regardless I'll say that he's an a$$hole.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Rush Limbaugh is aewsome!

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Neil Boortz and Michael Savage are better.  Rush is still on his christian high horse and needs to get off.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Having the freedom to choose doesn't prevent me from having the freedom to voice my opinion.

I didn't choose to vote for Al Gore, regardless I'll say that he's an a$$hole.
View Quote

That's cute! I'll have to remember that! Now, if I can just figure out what it means....

Are you absolutely [u]certain[/u] that you're one of us? [:D]

Eric The(VeryProudDittohead)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Only thing I can't stand about Rush, his arrogance.

He is pretty ignorant when it comes to firearms and some time back he was foolish enough to make a statement that firearms are not capable of "semi-auto" fire, he didn't see the basic difference between an "automatic action" and an "automatic mode of fire".

No matter how many callers tried to correct him that there is indeed a semi-auto mode of fire, he wouldn't hear of it.    He was likely confused on some level with regards to the media created buzzword "semiautomatic assault weapon".

I don't know, it was during the time he was having all his hearing troubles and before it caught media attention.   Perhaps the guy actually wasn't hearing the points his educated listeners were trying to make.

The hay day where Rush was a big loveable teddy bear are over in my opinion, sometimes he just makes himself out to be a big loveable dork.

I used to never miss his show, but then somewhere along the line it just got less enjoying to listen to.

I've always preferred to listen to G. Gordon Liddy whenever I get the time, which is RARE and the syndicates around here always play G. Gordon at wierd hours.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't Rush say he'd never drag Chelsea Clinton's name into his political satire or say mean things about her and then did?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Post from MisterGreens -
Neil Boortz and Michael Savage are better.
View Quote

Well, since the two of them together have about a tenth of Rush's audience, I think you are in the minority with your opinion!

I like both Boortz and Savage, myself, but even they would admit that Rush is the 800 pound gorilla in the Talk Radio market!
Rush is still on his christian high horse and needs to get off.
View Quote

That's '[b]C[/b]hristian high horse' and I have no idea what you're talking about - care to explain that?

Eric The(Christian)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Dear Eric (the KEE-REIST does he ever log out) Hun,

Does being a member of AR-15.COM entail accepting everthing that Mr. R. Limbaugh says without critical comment?

-PINGi3

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Didn't Rush say he'd never drag Chelsea Clinton's name into his political satire or say mean things about her and then did?
View Quote

Nope. Do you know [u]anything[/u] about the incident?

You want to 'splain, or do you hold your grudge against Rush like some worthy battle scar?

Eric The(Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I was a fan of Rush. Now I wonder about his politics. If he is truly the truth detector he professes to be then there are a lot of things he could be exposing. Taxes, the Federal Reserve scam to name just a couple. If he was after the truth then these two topics could keep him going for years without repeating himself.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Post from PINGi3 -
Does being a member of AR-15.COM entail accepting everthing that Mr. R. Limbaugh says without critical comment?
View Quote

Well, you're the second poster here who sees fit to bandy about the name of Christ in some manner, does my being a member of AR15.com entail having to put up with asininity?

And I have yet to hear [u]any[/u] critical thought of any sort on this subject, just a lot of moaning, and bitching, and pizzing.

Can you get to something of substance or is this thread just for you to get your hatred of Rush off your chest and then go your merry way?

Eric The(Dittohead)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Lieber Eric der Hun,

I will provide you with one MAJOR example of Rush's inability to be conguous.

During the impeach of William Jefferson Clinton he repeatedly reminded us that we were a republic and not a pure deomocracy.  His point was that we deferred to the rule of law and not the rule of the majority.  Remember the polls showed great support for Clinton, even though he was implicated in felonies.

During the "under God' debate Rush repeatedly appealed to the "will of the majority."  

So, which is it... the rule of law or the will of the majority?

-PINGi3

PLAY YOUR BEST
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#17]
PING, you're in good company,

[img]http://static.epinions.com/images/newworld/1383/0440508649-resized180.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Post from Nick1950 -
Taxes, the Federal Reserve scam to name just a couple. If he was after the truth then these two topics could keep him going for years without repeating himself.
View Quote

Taxes? Rush doesn't talk about [u]taxes[/u]?

I can't think of any subject that comes up with more regularity on his radio show than taxes!

Do you listen anymore, 'cause he was talking about taxes just three hours ago in today's show?

The Federal Reserve System? What's to talk about with the Federal Reserve?

How its owned by the Bilderberger Group? The Rothschilds? What? Who's talking about the Federal Reserve Banks anymore?

Rush is a fine conservative, that's all that needs to be said.

That, and he has 20 million listeners.[:D]

Eric The(TheOthersAin'tEvenClose!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Lieber Eric der Hun,

I will provide you with one MAJOR example of Rush's inability to be congruous.

During the impeach of William Jefferson Clinton, Rush repeatedly reminded us that we were a republic and not a pure deomocracy.  His point was that we deferred to the rule of law and not the fickle will of the majority.  Remember the polls showed great support for Clinton, even though he was implicated in numerous felonies.

Then during the "under God' debate Rush repeatedly appealed to the "will of the majority."  

-PINGi3

PLAY YOUR BEST
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

[img]http://static.epinions.com/images/newworld/1383/0440508649-resized180.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Al Franken is nothing more than a has been comedian/writer/political wannabe who has to use other people's famous names to make money.  Pretty pathetic.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Post from PINGi3 -
During the "under God' debate Rush repeatedly appealed to the "will of the majority."

View Quote

That's it? That's the Great Rush Conundrum? A 'Major' example, to boot?

You can't be serious? Can you?

Thankfully, you've found the one area where I can easily knock this ball outta the park!

There is simply no rule of law, repeat, no rule of law, that [u]requires[/u] that the words [b]'under God'[/b] [u]not[/u] appear in the Pledge of Allegience!

Can you cite one case that says it shouldn't?

Even the three judge panel decision in the Ninth Circuit, whic cited no Supreme Court decision for holding as it did, has been stayed by the very judge who authored the contemptible opinion!

Not very certain of the legal arguments that he urged in his his original decision, is he?

So Rush can argue that the 'will of the majority' can be urged as a reason to support the inclusion of that phrase in the Pledge without stepping on any 'rule of law.'

Besides, everyone, including you and yours truly, will argue their position in the very best light of both public acceptance and the current state of the law, will they not?

Rush is no idiot, but isn't it nice to see that you share the same opinion of Rush as Bill and Hillary?

Must make you feel warm and fuzzy at night![:D]

It would make me physically nauseated!

Eric The(But,Hey,That'sJustMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I personally can't stand the man. Ignorant and arrogant IMO.

-legrue

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Post from legrue -
View Quote

Now [u]here[/u] is an honest man!

The reason he says he doesn't like Rush is personal and based upon his opinion.

That's fair! It is his stated opinion!

Nothing wrong with that, now, is there?

You others need to take a page from this fellow's book.

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you prefer little al franken to rush,  hmmmm.......
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

-legrue

View Quote

Arrogant, yes but ignorant...not likely.  How can you be ignorant and make a quarter of a BILLION dollars.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I like Rush too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#29]
RUSH KICKS ASS!I listen to him most everyday I work[:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I listen to Rush sometimes, but I do have a problem with him.  I don't always agree with his views, but that doesn't anger me.  He is just too full of himself.  I usually flip stations when he starts boasting too much.

He's not right or wrong on an issue because he has more listners than other radio shows, but sometimes he seems to be making that argument.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

So you prefer little al franken to rush,  hmmmm.......
View Quote

No I was being sarcastic. like someone else said, Hillary hates Rush, Al Franken hates rush and now Ping hates Rush. Good crowd to be associated with [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Awwwww, Crap !!!  sorry O-man, I did'nt pick up on that quick enough. I get it now.
[b]*spectre hides in shame*[/b] [peep]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Limbaugh is not a Constitutionalist, he is a liberal....I'll take Ken (the black avenger) Hamblin any day. Or Walter Williams..
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-legrue

View Quote

Arrogant, yes but ignorant...not likely.  How can you be ignorant and make a quarter of a BILLION dollars.
View Quote

By saying what 60 million sheep wanna hear....
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anybody care for the G. Gordon Liddy radio show?  Is it still on?  I could only ever catch it when I got near Austin when driving between Houston and San Antonio the right time of day.  I couldn't understand why he could get a station to play his program in Liberal Austin, but couldn't get on in Houston or San Antonio.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#36]
So, [b]liberty86[/b], Walter E. Williams hangs out with Rush simply so he can guest host on his show? What BS!

60 million sheeple? Well, then, I must be a sheeple according to your logic, and I ain't!
Not even close!

Professor Williams must also be a sheeple, and you and I both know that he ain't!

I would give Professor Williams the benefit of the doubt and believe that he hangs out with Rush and guest hosts on Rush's show simply because they have so much in common.

Doesn't it tell you something about Rush that he picks out Professor Williams to be one of his most regular guest hosts?

Surely it must?

But 'Rush is a liberal'? Heh-heh-heh, even you must not believe [u]that[/u]!

Wait, did I just hear Hillary cackle in her Senate office? [:D]

Eric The(StillADittoheadAfterAllTheseYears)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Limbaugh is not a Constitutionalist, he is a liberal....I'll take Ken (the black avenger) Hamblin any day. Or Walter Williams..
View Quote

Rush is a liberal...so then what is Teddy Kennedy?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I swear, people must just ignore my posts totally these days.

Back when Rush made the comment about there being "no semiauto" firearms, people on this forum nearly had a stroke over it.   Guess nobody in this thread remembers that day or how Rush displayed his arrogance and his ignorance on his sleeve.

Texason, G. Gordon, WHOOYAAA!   There's a guy who knows how to bring up childeren right, or atleast knew how to marry a woman who could do it correctly while G. Gordon was doing his tour of various federal prisons.    Read his book "Will" sometime, it's a darned decent book.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Snip

Texason, G. Gordon, WHOOYAAA!   There's a guy who knows how to bring up childeren right, or atleast knew how to marry a woman who could do it correctly while G. Gordon was doing his tour of various federal prisons.    Read his book "Will" sometime, it's a darned decent book.
View Quote

I've read "Will", which got me interested in his radio show.  Very interesting book.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm personally not convinced Mr Limbaugh is a real hard-cored conservative, because he's kinda luke-warm about guns.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm not saying that Rush is humble, or meek and mild, or mild mannered, or whatever, but I somehow think many of the people put off by his "arrogance" don't see the humor in the act. He is definately puttin on airs when behind the mic.

I still kind of like Rush as far as he goes, but he's a Republican, rather than a conservative. If the Republicans tomorrow said - "Woah, we were wrong. The 2nd ammendment only means the government can't remove  your upper limbs.", Rush would never touch gun control again. (no pun intended, but I'll claim it anyway.)
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm personally not convinced Mr Limbaugh is a real hard-cored conservative, because he's kinda luke-warm about guns.
View Quote

Hmm, you must be thinking of a different Rush Limbaugh than the one I'm thinking about.

The Rush Limbaugh that I remember is the one who was present at the NRA Annual Meeting when it met in Memphis, Tennessee, several years ago.

They sold out the first set of banquet tickets, the second set of banquet tickets, and then two more banquet rooms that had to view his excellent speech via large screen t.v. hookups.

The same Rush Limbaugh that received a custom shotgun fron the NRA and then spent the next several years trying to get the shotgun back to Manhattan, before sending it to his Mom in Missouri!

The same Rush Limbaugh that constantly says 'If the Liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the same way that they interpret the First Amendment, gun ownership would be mandatory!'

The same Rush Limbaugh that was made an Honorary Member of the incoming Freshmen Republican Congressional Delegation because of his rallying of voters to the GOP.

The one that received a personal letter from President Reagan stating that he, Rush, was  the individual to carry on the conservative movement!

You know, [u]that[/u] Rush Limbaugh! [:D]

Remember him?

Post from uglygun -
Back when Rush made the comment about there being "no semiauto" firearms, people on this forum nearly had a stroke over it. Guess nobody in this thread remembers that day or how Rush displayed his arrogance and his ignorance on his sleeve.
View Quote

Hmmm, I listen to Rush's show almost everyday and I never heard any such thing. Do you know the date of the radio show when he made a statement that there was 'no such thing as a semi-auto gun'?

I have access to a daily log of his programs, so maybe I can fih=gure out what he was trying to say!

Do you remember back in May, 1994, when the AWB was trying to be passed by the Clintons? There was no greater opponent than Rush in that crucial hour!

And insofar as his personal knowledge of guns is concerned, so f***ing what?

If I know more about weaponry than you do, does that mean that you cherish the Second Amendment less than I do? Balderdash!

Do lawyers cherish our constitutional rights more because they know more about the laws?

Funny, I've never thought that way, why do y'all?

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Post from thumbtrap -
I still kind of like Rush as far as he goes, but he's a Republican, rather than a conservative.
View Quote

Bullshit! Pure Bullshit! He's chastised the GOP more times than he's praised them over the last several years.

Just today, a lady called in and said that Sen. Daschle had nicer things to say about President Bush's 'Wall Street Ethics Speech' than he did, and Rush asked her, 'Shouldn't that tell you [u]something[/u] about the speech?'

How is that blind obedience to the GOP?

Y'all are just full of it! Pure and simple!
If the Republicans tomorrow said - "Whoa, we were wrong. The 2nd amendment only means the government can't remove your upper limbs.", Rush would never touch gun control again. (no pun intended, but I'll claim it anyway.)
View Quote

Bullshit, once again! Pure Bullshit, once again!

He's constantly complaining about Republican wobbliness on genuine conservative issues. He's never let the GOP get away with anything and continuously holds their feet to the fire!

Even Brent Bozelle, in his column, noted that the flip-flop by the Bush Administration on greenhouse gases did not pass by Rush unnoticed:

"But opposition to this EPA-trumpeted concession did emerge – [b]from the alternative conservative media. Rush Limbaugh asked "George W. Algore, anyone?" [/b] Matt Drudge highlighted the happy New York Times reporter's story and then linked up to Rush. So the next day, the White House went into its usual mode, with aides singing that old tune "What Changed Position?" When he was asked about it, President Bush said "I read the report put out by...the bureaucracy," and said he opposed the Kyoto treaty, since it would ruin the economy."

You guys need a refresher course in Recent American History, it appears![:D]

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have access to a daily log of his programs, so maybe I can fih=gure out what he was trying to say!

Do you remember back in May, 1994, when the AWB was trying to be passed by the Clintons? There was no greater opponent than Rush in that crucial hour!

And insofar as his personal knowledge of guns is concerned, so f***ing what?

If I know more about weaponry than you do, does that mean that you cherish the Second Amendment less than I do? Balderdash!

Do lawyers cherish our constitutional rights more because they know more about the laws?

Funny, I've never thought that way, why do y'all?

View Quote

It was a good while back, 6+ months I'm fairly certain.   The memory of him acting like a fool I remember, the date which he said those things I do not remember.

The thing that gets me is his instance on ignoring people who were trying to tell him that he was infact wrong about something, not people who are looking to argue about  his opinion on something but merely trying to correct him on something regarding a real world fact.

Tell me something, if the argument over 2nd Amendment ownership rights comes down to allowing semi-automatic firearms as opposed to full-automatic firearms and Rush is sitting over there in the corner believing there is no such critter as a semi-auto firearm, do you agree that it can be a serious problem when he refuses to acknowledge a key mechanical feature that can be critical to the debate.

He shouldn't have sat there and basically refused to allow somebody to educate him on something so simple.

I don't know what the deal was with him that day, I don't know if he had a major brain fart and had other things he wanted to get onto.    But if he would have just sat down and sincerly listened, his being informed on the mechanical existence of a semi-auto mode of fire would have only allowed him to more precisely convey his thoughts when he expressed his opinion in the future.

If in his opinion, people shouldn't be allowed to own automatic weapons without heavy regulation of the ownership of such guns.   Where would that put all of us if he was/is still of the opinion that there isn't such a thing as semi-auto firearms and that they are only capable of "automatic".

He's welcome to his opinion but I just hate to think that he's missing some information that could be critical to certain firearms debates.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Post from uglygun -
Tell me something, if the argument over 2nd Amendment ownership rights comes down to allowing semi-automatic firearms as opposed to full-automatic firearms and Rush is sitting over there in the corner believing there is no such critter as a semi-auto firearm, do you agree that it can be a serious problem when he refuses to acknowledge a key mechanical feature that can be critical to the debate.
View Quote

If it becomes critical to the debate, I am more than certain that Rush will do his homework, if for no other reason than not to appear stupid!

What precisely did Rush say that has your knickers in a knot? 'There is no such thing as a semi-auto'?

WTF could he have been referring to at the moment that he said it? What was the context of the statement?
He shouldn't have sat there and basically refused to allow somebody to educate him on something so simple.
View Quote

If it was six months ago, when he was struggling with the loss of his hearing, I believe you should cut him a little slack, maybe?

But what you've said he did does not sound like Rush, at all!

Not in my experience at least, and I have every single one of his television shows on VHS tape, and approximately 80% of his radio shows over the past ten years.

He's spoken so highly of the Second Amendment and our RKBA on so many occasions that I would rather doubt my own hearing, than believe otherwise.

Or maybe even doubt your hearing...

On page 266, of his book, The Way Things Ought to Be (1993), Rush says this about the Second Amendment:

"The trouble with reading more rights into the Constitution is that jurists deprive the people of public debate. In addition, Scalia says, if you can read in rights, you can read them out as well. [b]This, of course, is what we see happening today with the Second Amendment guarantee of the right to bear arms."[/b]

Also read pages 132 and 133 concerning the federal government's attempts, aided by the liberals, at gun control.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Do you know [u]anything[/u] about the incident?

You want to 'splain, or do you hold your grudge against Rush like some worthy battle scar?

Eric The(Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Well, Seems I was just asking the question. I don't really know the details of the "incident" since I don't listen to the man. Perhaps you could enlighten us in regard to my question. Or, you could read whatever you want about me by the fact I asked a question here. I just remember it was an issue at some point.

I don't think much about Rush, anyway. Sort of like thinking about Larry King or Chris Matthews. None of these guys determine my views or validate anything I believe. A media talking head is not a big deal.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Another vote for Rush...  I'm also an Ollie North listener but can't get J Gordon here...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Al Franken says in that book that he came up with the title first.  He knew that a book with that title would become an instant bestseller, all he had to do was fill up the pages inside.

BTW, it's a really funny book.  It's nothing like Michael Moore's crap.  It's mainly humor.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top