Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2002 1:11:14 PM EDT
I don't know how current this info is, but I checked history here and didn't find it mentioned....

[b]..The Remington law enforcement devision has informed me that the M24 is now available due to the expiration of the initial US Army contract that had an exclusionary clause in it. They have a new contract, but it no longer prevents Remington from selling the M24's. The version now available is identical in every way to the military M24 (contrary to my previous report). Pricing is around $2300 USD for the rifle alone, with various packages available going up to the full package at $6000+.[/b]

[url=http://www.snipercentral.com/postings.htm]Link[/url]

[img]http://www.remingtonle.com/images/rifle/m24/gun.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.remingtonle.com/rifle/m24.htm]Remington LE M-24[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I should know by now not to click on things like this as the list is getting a bit long while money remains short.

Wonder if it has the lock in a bolt like other remingtons?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I should know by now not to click on things like this as the list is getting a bit long while money remains short.

Wonder if it has the lock in a bolt like other remingtons?
View Quote

LEO weaponry is not subject to safety do-dads as we subjects are subjected to.

That said, at least we subjects are able to buy the PSS if we so choose.  I have so chosen to do so but still need glass ( 1k ) for it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
is that a front sight?  what's the point?  the butt on the stock looks nice, usefull but the sight (?), unneccesary.  

i can't spell.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
front sight is necessary as a backup in case the optics are damaged.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
What makes it better than a PSS?

Or perhaps I should ask, what makes it worth $1500 more than a PSS?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this rifle LEO or can any joe blow citizen, such as me, pick one of these up?  I could use the "Deployement case" as a "tactical" hunting case.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What makes it better than a PSS?

Or perhaps I should ask, what makes it worth $1500 more than a PSS?
View Quote

Not much, the adj length of pull would be a plus.
The PSS is a very good rifle at a very good price. Most people will not notice a difference in groups. You have to be a VERY good shot (yes, I know, everyone is a very good shot) to shoot up to many of the quality rifles made these days... The PSS is a quality rifle.
I wouldn't dump a PSS just to get one of these unless you REALLY gotta have it. The PSS is a good, affordable, .5 MOA-.75MOA rifle.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Why why why!!!!  I swear the firearms manufacturers are all in a huge plot to relieve me of all my money.  Just when I thought that a VS, Sendero, and Model 70 Stealth would be good enough.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll keep my PSS...[:D]

Here's a 'coupla pics:
[url]community.webtv.net/YULLOSE/700pss[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a tempting factory rifle but for the money I think I'd rather go custom with a rifle built by George Gardner or some other custom outfit.    Have a pick of barrel makers, pick of chamberings, pick of stock, and all that custom goodness.    Would end up being a close comparison in the end as far as price goes.

Thanks for the news though, I don't visit the remington LE page very often so it would have been a long time before I caught it myself.

Just one thing though, is the M24 offered by Remington a short action or long action?   I'm pretty sure the M24 is built on a long action 700 action to allow for the 300WinMag to be chambered some day in the future if they see fit, as it stands now though it's just a long action 308Winchester right?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#15]
UglyGun,   ditto on that!

For the same money or even less, George Gardner would be the way to go.  

I suppose the novelty of actually owning a genuine "military contract" sniper rifle may be the attraction here......in which case, I would go for an Accuracy International rifle, but thats just me.  

The HS Precision M24 stock is a strange beast.  I love it and hate it.   It "feels" great but has two major weaknesses
1) No adj. cheek piece option  (you get to use tape and foam to get a proper cheek weld)
2) the spaced out adjustable butt just screams frustration if working with a beanbag sock under the butt.

That being said.....I have to go to work now so that I can afford this rifle by X-mas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top