Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a pretty good paint job.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Think how much it costs to paint that thing.

What benifit does it serve? Paint it black, green, or sand colorered.

Anything else for the "cool factor" is a pure waste of tax dollars...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Think how much it costs to paint that thing.

What benifit does it serve? Paint it black, green, or sand colorered.

Anything else for the "cool factor" is a pure waste of tax dollars...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
That sure is a hind.

HINDS are awesome aircrafts, a good blend between firepower, mobility, personal carrier.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]
You do know that an Mi-24 Hind is a Russian helicopter don't you?? So it was their tax dollars that were spent not our's.

Maybe they had a crow problem and thought a giant eagle would help.

Perhaps the Japanese Govt. had spotted Mothra.............
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
And you can hear them coming looooong before you see them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I've seen several pics and the background doesn't look like the Afghan.

Since the inception for powered flight Russians have shown an association of aircraft with nature.  Here's a pic from 1937 of a Kalin K-12...

[img]http://photos.msn.com/imageserver/image.aspx?Image=*EtEZjHm6cpJ8rbrNqFhHB!geskycuOX*HZ19oQLoAuHwWw3T!YOwicOctkC4tD!tjK7PWdS4Lc4!fgGIfzJ9kzzRMt9fQ0TMZWNd2DK1ztrmH3I5wFDcR2eFxLU7Ndv[/img]

Now you see where they got the idea.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
It belongs to the Hungarian Air Force, it's their airshow bird. They also have a Mig or Su-27 painted the same way.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
That is a SWEET paint job...no matter WHO owns it or where it's from.

But can you imagine the Afganis running like mad after seeing something like that dart over a mountain top?  Sheeesh, I'd probably drop a load myself!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You do know that an Mi-24 Hind is a Russian helicopter don't you?? So it was their tax dollars that were spent not our's.

Maybe they had a crow problem and thought a giant eagle would help.

Perhaps the Japanese Govt. had spotted Mothra.............
View Quote

Yes I do.
If I applied that logic to other things I take intrest in, someone might consider me norrowminded. [:P]
That and my choice of weapons would be smaller.

The Hind is like an all-in-one type heli.
It will never be outstanding in all of the tasks it can perform, but it will perform more tasks then most. Sorta like the 5.56 round.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I actually saw a show on the Hind on the Wings channel last night.I didn't realize what a high performing machine it was.

They said its the fastest military chopper in the world at 210 mph top speed.Basically the entire airframe is impervious to direct .50 cal hits.The pilot and gunner are sitting in Titanium bathtubs that can withstand pointblank hits from 37mm cannon.

They said they can carry 8 troopers,but mostly they just carry extra ordnance.Not real hightech but tough and deadly.Course they also showed that one of those stingers would blow the thing in half ,right outta the air.

The Army has a captured Iraqi Hind that they train with.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing beats that camo job where you can makeout women's figures.  Anyone have that? Post it again please. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I actually saw a show on the Hind on the Wings channel last night.I didn't realize what a high performing machine it was.

They said its the fastest military chopper in the world at 210 mph top speed.Basically the entire airframe is impervious to direct .50 cal hits.The pilot and gunner are sitting in Titanium bathtubs that can withstand pointblank hits from 37mm cannon.

They said they can carry 8 troopers,but mostly they just carry extra ordnance.Not real hightech but tough and deadly.Course they also showed that one of those stingers would blow the thing in half ,right outta the air.

The Army has a captured Iraqi Hind that they train with.
View Quote

Yea, but your tax dollars didn't fund it must be shit. [:D]

I'll shutup now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nothing beats that camo job where you can makeout women's figures.  Anyone have that? Post it again please. [:D]
View Quote

Here you go...

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gt6plus%2F53ELDY1%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gt6plus%2F53ELDY2%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gt6plus%2F53ELDY3%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gt6plus%2F53ELDY%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
The ability to carry troops is good really only for a couple of scanarios.  The one dearest to the aviators' hearts is picking up their wingmates' crew when some mujahadeen shoots it down with a stinger.

Another is putting down an ambush team with its own MPADM if the enemy has helicopters.

Covert insertion of small teams (but not for big airmobile assaults).  

The other good use is bringing home what's left of the ram you shot on the way back.  

As for the noise, most big helicopters make a lot of noise.  I can hear a Huey long before I see it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top