Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2002 8:26:12 PM EDT
i'm looking to buy a case each of OO buck and 1oz slugs to use in my mossberg 590,anyone ever had any experience with this brand?[shotgun]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used the buck in my 590A1. Never had a problem other than a bruised shoulder.

J&G Sales of AZ just had a sale on it for $45 a case. I think it's back up to $55 now, however.

Buy a couple of boxes and run it through. It's good plinking ammo. For home use, I use Federal LE buck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
ditto here with the buck.... I'd hate to be on either end!  lol [;)]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
A number of problems have been reported with S&B rifle ammo failures / kabooms.

How could they possibly screw up shotgun rounds?

Let's see, overcharge? Bad wads? I know, a squib with a slug could make the next round spectacular.  I wonder what a blown primer would do in 12g?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I use Federal LE. Never had a problem and never had a bruised shoulder.

But then again, what else would I use?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Some of S&B's 2 3/4 00 buck is a little too long for my 2 3/4 chambered pump shotguns--it would not cycle smoothly.  Buy 10 or so rounds of it and try it out before you go an buy a case.  I went to Federal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top