Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/8/2002 7:06:43 PM EDT
[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/77661_potkid08.shtml[/url]

Trever Palmer, 17, says he felt nervous and slightly heroic the night he picked up the phone, dialed 911 and informed the King County Sheriff's Office that his father was growing marijuana.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for him! Another drug dealer off the street.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Integrity First
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What if his father had an unregistered firearm [illegal], for home protection, no drugs, just a gun, what would we be saying then?
Did the kid try and talk to his father first? Sounds like he was jealous of his sister. Too many things about this story that I don't know.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad, makes one wonder if a similar situation would happen when they finally make guns illegal. I could never sell out a family member or friend, especially over a few plants of pot. I'm thinking the the kid will end up in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That little bastard, I wonder what his dad is going to say when the kid asks him to pay for college.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The kid already has an inferiority complex and now has false illusions of grandeur. Probably will be a cop.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the kid was just mad at his dad, and reacted in haste. He said that his dad spent a lot of time moving around the plants and watering them. I don't think that it would make up much of his day. Then again we all know how evil those crazy computer programers are.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What if his father had an unregistered firearm [illegal], for home protection, no drugs, just a gun, what would we be saying then?
Did the kid try and talk to his father first? Sounds like he was jealous of his sister. Too many things about this story that I don't know.
View Quote

I'm with the rainman on this one. And what does "growing marijuana" mean? Was it a small amount for his own consumption or a crop for sale? I don't condone the use of illegal drugs, but growing a few marijuana plants does not necessarily make you a bad person, just stupid.
Save the space in jail for the murderers, rapist and the [b]jack booted, Nazi scumbag cops[/b] that beat the crap out of the kid in LA yesterday.

I'll qualify my last statement by saying that I several LE friends and they feel the same way I do.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
How do you know he's a drug dealer.  We are talking about pot, not Ecstasy, coke, or other crap.  If you believe all the DEA crap about it being addictive and being a 'gateway drug', I feel sorry for you.  I have had more than one cop tell me they have never had to break up a fight between two persons who were stoned, but always breaking up fights between drunks.  Most street cops will tell you pot should be legal.

If this had been a kid turning in pop because he had a gun, you would be indignant as hell.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock31  Good for him! Another drug dealer off the street.

Ya Whatever!! I hope you dont drink alchohol because your local store is a DRUG DEALER!

I am sure that kid is payin the price for what he did at school. I grew up in that area and what he did will not be accepted very well by his peers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
....... Probably will be a cop.[:D]
View Quote

Nope!  He's ATF material all the way!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
How do you know he's a drug dealer.  We are talking about pot, not Ecstasy, coke, or other crap.  If you believe all the DEA crap about it being addictive and being a 'gateway drug', I feel sorry for you.  I have had more than one cop tell me they have never had to break up a fight between two persons who were stoned, but always breaking up fights between drunks.  Most street cops will tell you pot should be legal.

If this had been a kid turning in pop because he had a gun, you would be indignant as hell.
View Quote

I've seen enough perma-fried highschool students to not like drugs of any type, alcohol included.  I don't drink because my family is too damn good at it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

But it wasn't a gun, it was pot. Pot IS a gateway drug!  Most street cops will never tell you pot should be legal, unless they have a personal interest in the matter. If you want to find a bunch of people wanting to legalize pot, visit the Democratic Underground
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
That's just sad.

Ye reap what ye sow.

Who could or should the kid turn to? His dumbsh*t dad growing dope in the house? His mom who can't or won't take in the kids because of space or money issues? His wrestling coach? ROTC? He was f*cked from square one. Everyone involved made bad choices.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Hans Jost would be so proud.

He is going to live with his best friend? Would you want that little fucker under your roof? "Hey police! The place that I am staying at has a buch of guns, I think they are illegal." Next thing you know you are off to jail while they "sort out" your perfectly legal black rifle collection.

He read the Red Badge of Courage and that is what motivated him to do the stand up thing? Can today's kids comprehend no meaning at all? The protagonist is a cowardly little lying shithead in that book. This kid will go far as a BATF agent.

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds to me the 'lad' probably spends more time with a teacher than his father...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Dad probably spends more time with marijuana than his son....
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#21]
A computer programmer who smokes pot? That is rare, indeed. Well, maybe they'll be less software bugs as the result of it.

There were other conflicts. He thought his father paid attention to his sister's accomplishments, while ignoring his own. And he thought his ROTC courses, which were based on Marine Corps leadership training, put him at odds with his ex-Army father "on different military perspectives."
View Quote

Yeah, he sounds like a whinny little fvcknut to me too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#22]

This isn't about pot or guns or laws or ROTC or any of that shit. It's about the relationship (or lack thereof in this case) between a father and son.

The son didn't respect the father. The father probably didn't earn his son's respect either.

I can't say I'd do the same thing if I were the son, but I can't say I wouldn't either.

Apparently though, the kid did what he THOUGHT was honorable. That puts him head and shoulders above most of his slouching, apathetic, narcissistic, teenage mooks and midriff peers.

Give him a break. He's still a kid probably on his way to becoming an honorable man.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:29:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What if his father had an unregistered firearm [illegal], for home protection, ...
View Quote

Apples and oranges.  

Having a firearm for home protection is a legitimate and compelling purpose – that’s why we have the (admittedly ignored) second amendment.

Equating drug possession to firearms possession is something Hillery and her crew should be doing, not us!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:58:13 AM EDT
[#24]
First of all, none of us know enough about this situation to pass judgement, *BUT* some things are kind of fishy here.

"Instead of spending time doing things with the family, his father tended to his plants -- moving the pots around and watering. He said that on two occasions, people visited the house on account of the marijuana."

"He thought his father paid attention to his sister's accomplishments, while ignoring his own."

***The kid was jealous - plain and simple.  "Daddy doen't spend enough time with me, so I'll phuck him."

"And he thought his ROTC courses, which were based on Marine Corps leadership training, put him at odds with his ex-Army father "on different military perspectives.""

"...plans to live with his best friend's family until he graduates and joins the Air Force."

***So army dad wasn't harcore enough for the little Marine - oh, but wait - the kid's joining the air force.......

"I thought: no guts, no glory," he said."

***Sounds like he thought he'd be a hero.

"He said that on two occasions, people visited the house on account of the marijuana."

***Wow, his dad sounds like a regular Tony Montana.  TWO times people came over to see the plants or to score some herb....

Glock31 - "Most street cops will never tell you pot should be legal, unless they have a personal interest in the matter."

?????

Doesn't sound like you know any "street cops" to me.  Maybe some Barney Fife types....  At least the ones you know don't seem to be like the "street cops" I know.  The cops I know would rather deal with 100 stoned people as opposed to ONE disorderly drunk.  In your favor, though, Glocks do rule.  [:D]

The_Macallan - you have a very good point.  Heck, lots of other kids would be trying to steal their dad's dope!  I'd like to give the kid the benefit of the doubt, and I hope he grows to be an honorable man, but right now, he's got my eyebrow raised.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Stupid little slime-ball of a snitch. I hope the father throws him out of his house as soon as he's out on bail.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#26]
[img]http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/images/hoff1/hitler2e.jpg[/img]

"Und wieviele Betriebe hatte Ihr papa?"
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Fellows, and Glock 31 especially come on it was a little herb for his own use/hence I don't feel he was a dope dealer. I feel that more than one of you have been brainwashed by the just say no program. The only, and I mean only reason marijuana is illegal is because you can grow it in your garden and the Feds can't tax it,like cigs and booze, and if you belive different,, well I'm certainly not going to change your mind in two minutes on this site. Gateway drug, well then so are smokes,beer,liquor. Anything used to excess is no good for you, but marijuana is not evil as the government portrays it. The son was a rat snitch period. But then again I have a personal interest in the matter, if god makes it it can't be bad. retired street cop
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#28]
This kid sounds like a real fucking moron!  Outside of the fact that he sent his own father away and destroyed his family (some will argue his father did this), but his intelligence seems to be dictated by factors outside of his life like a book and ROTC.  

He sounds like the black sheep of the family who finally got the attention that he wanted at any cost.  When people can't think for themselves and end up making a horrible decision, I don't care if its the "legal" decision, they deserve the stigma this kid now has.  Maybe he should have told his father about his intentions and given him a week to get the shit out of the house!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys absolutely crack me up, this is better then reading the comics. Thank you guys for the laughs. David
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure there's more red tape here then meets the eyes.

For the hundredth time, WHO CARES ABOUT POT!

It's the mildest form of a drug out there!
The most deadly, nicotine, is the most sold drug on the market!

I'm sure a cop would MUCH rather deal with a stoner then a drunk.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Hellz Bellz, folks, who in their right mind would turn in their father over something so trivial as a patch of weeds?

We are certainly onto raising our own little crop of Brownshirts.

When firearms are forbidden, I can imagine that all of us here would shudder at the thought of our children turning us in!

Not my little Lorelei, though, she's a real outlaw![:D]

I've trained her well!

[b]Two to the chest, one to the head! You've turned out his lights, Now go to bed![/b] was one of her favorite nursery rhymes!

Eric the(AndDon'tForgetToCockAndLockThat1911!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't any of the ROTC courses cover LOYALTY?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#33]
This may have been said but,

How many people rob stores or steal to get money to buy pot?

How many people get violent when smoking pot, like they do when they drink alcohol?

How much money is the Gubment missing out on by not legalizing and taxing pot?

Sorry, it should not be considered in the same law areas as cocaine, speed and heroin.

Stupid stupid waste of law enforcement and jails/prison...just like busting folks for solicitation of prostitution...

Can we say "victimless crime"?

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

P.S. I stopped smoking pot as soon as my son was born (19 years ago). You cannot get a decent job without being tested, though you can go drink a fifth of booze the night before the piss test and you'll still get hired....stupid, stupid.... I digress
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The son didn't respect the father. The father probably didn't earn his son's respect either.

View Quote

The son held a much more honorable form of respect to law enforcement. He is to be commended as his actions are akin to the bravery displayed by the 15 year old grandson in [url=http://www.hevanet.com/kort/SUNDOWN1.HTM]Sundown At Coffin Rock[/url] who heroically prevented an act of domestic terrorism.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Kid should'nt have turned him in. Dad should have included him more in the family business. At his age kid should be dealing to all his school friends at least.

The family that cultivates marijuana togather, stays togather.

PS.
Marijuna is a gateway drug. Offer a kid that has never tried marijuana some heroin. Offer a kid who regularly uses marijuana some heroin. Who is more likely to say yes?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Marijuna is a gateway drug. Offer a kid that has never tried marijuana some heroin. Offer a kid who regularly uses marijuana some heroin. Who is more likely to say yes?
View Quote

The black ghetto gangbanger?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This may have been said but,

How many people rob stores or steal to get money to buy pot?

How many people get violent when smoking pot, like they do when they drink alcohol?

View Quote

How many people crash their car, killing or horribly crippling people while under the influence of marijuana?

A BUNCH!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How many people crash their car, killing or horribly crippling people while under the influence of marijuana?

A BUNCH!
View Quote

Start naming them, then. I'll bet I can find several times as many people killed by drunk drivers.

If Marijuana is a gateway drug, then so is milk, Coca-Cola, and peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches. Not to mention tobacco.

View Quote

I know many people who smoke weed but would never touch heroin or cocaine. That's because virtually everyone knows that heroin and cocaine are dangerous, while marijuana is, mabye not quite harmless but a lot less dangerous then lots of things you're already doing.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#39]
the kid is young and dumb, but has balls.

"his father tended to his plants --moving the pots around and watering. He said that on two occasions, people visited the house on account of the marijuana."

-- sounds to me that this is NOT just for personal comsumption
what father would invite "people" AKA 'DEALERS' to his house and around his 3 kids ?

sounds like the kid has some issues to work out, someone asked wheres the kids loyalty, but where is the fathers loyalty to the kids?
who gives loyalty to someone that doesnt return it?

i knew a pothead that attacked a friend of mine with a brick, ive seen white trash smoke joints at concerts and thrash people in mosh pits, then ive seen people drink a lot of booze and lay back relaxed and laugh themselves to sleep.
--drugs affect people in different ways.

how many times do cops break up fights between two coke addicts? im sure not as many as drunks, but does that really matter or prove anything? NO
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By [red]Happyguy[/red]:
You guys absolutely crack me up, this is better then reading the comics. Thank you guys for the laughs. David
View Quote

Why are YOU so happy? [@:D][smoke][):)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A BUNCH!
View Quote

Start naming them, then.
View Quote

How about I name the victims instead: H. Gould and M. Gaard. Two of my friends who are still in the hospital because a pot head couldnt drive as well as he thought he could under the combined effects of Marijuana and Alcohol.

The CHP believes as many as 30% of injury traffic collisions have drug influence as a primary or secondary collision factor, but cops miss it becuase we tend to only look for evidence of alcohol intoxication at crash scenes.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A BUNCH!
View Quote

Start naming them, then.
View Quote

How about I name the victims instead: H. Gould and M. Gaard. Two of my friends who are still in the hospital because a pot head couldnt drive as well as he thought he could under the combined effects of Marijuana and Alcohol.

The CHP believes as many as 30% of injury traffic collisions have drug influence as a primary or secondary collision factor, but cops miss it becuase we tend to only look for evidence of alcohol intoxication at crash scenes.
View Quote

Drugs hurt people, in many ways.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#43]
You story included both, not just pot.

Your story is now exempt.

If you want to smoke pot nad drink, the two don't mix well with ALOT of people.

Not that I know, but it takes "practice" to be able to be under the influence of both and be able to pull it off.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I think the kids a prick. He could have discussed this with his dad, and I'm sure they could have resolved it before turning him in. I agree, the kid will make a great little nazi. I doubt his dad would have kept it up if his son made his feeling known. Instead he just screwed him for life. I agree, the dads a schmuck, but I don't see the honor in turning in a father for this. Now if the father was a molester or something equal that would be a different story...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I agree with azlarry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Stupid little slime-ball of a snitch. I hope the father throws him out of his house as soon as he's out on bail.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Pot is bad because my govt tells me so.

Drugs are bad because my govt and religious zealots tell me so.

guns are bad because the media and my leftist associates tell me so.

Whats good and bad? I'd consider telling people what they can and cant do with their own body/health to be bad. you want to poison yourself go ahead. I lost my grandmother to Tobacco and my grandfather to alcohol. It was neither Tobacco,nor alcohol that was at fault, only their poor health choices.

If pot is soo bad, then why dont we go out and "tar-and-feather" Cig smokers and anyone who drinks beer and/or liquor. Lets throw some stones.

Pot is only a window drug because we are told constantly how bad drugs are (they will mess your life up), but then you smoke pot and think, "ya'know, this is'nt that bad those people are full of it".
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Kid should'nt have turned him in. Dad should have included him more in the family business. At his age kid should be dealing to all his school friends at least.

The family that cultivates marijuana togather, stays togather.

PS.
View Quote

You could replace the word "marijuana" with cigarettes, beer, or any other form of alcohol, presciption drugs, caffiene, etc.. Come on, your smarter than this aren't you? You actually believe the govt propaganda against marijuana? I guess so since it's in your best interest, otherwise "the people" may have no use for you.

And please, stop with the BS "drugs killed my friends" crap. Most likely alcohol and stupidity were the main reasons for their deaths.  Anyone that has tried both alcohol and marijuana knows the truth, like many of us here that won't buy your BS. Anyone really concerned about traffic deaths would be on a crusade against alcohol, not marijuana.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Guess what guys, my wife's dad grew pot.  I feel so bad for her when she describes what her childhood was like.  They could never have anybody over at the house, other drug users were always coming by, any money made dealing drugs was used to buy other drugs.  Her parents were separated and I think her mom turned in her dad to the cops, and he got busted.  And of course it was a small town so everybody at school gave her crap about living in a drug house.  And he only ended up getting probation or something.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#50]
kids a little f'ing rat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top