Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2002 3:21:46 PM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone had read this and if they felt it was worth buying.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
In a word YES...

I also have a copy in word format that someone sent me....( no names to protect the innocent).

I also heard that the DVD will be out in November.....Box set.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Only five or six times now...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I downloaded the audio book from Audible.com and have been listening to it on and off at work.  So far I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have read "Band of Brothers" and I highly recommend it.  It is really a page turner.  Even with some of the plagiarism accusations against Stephen Ambrose, he writes excellent books.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
wife's uncle knows the guy furthest to the left on the book jacket - lives in the delaware area - it is as true an account of their exploits as is possible to write
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy it.  It's a great read and makes following the mini-series storyline easier.  You might want to keep an eye out for  Pegasus Bridge by Ambrose too.  It's about British airborne troops during the D-Day invasion.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Worth buying and reading. The series is a great companion to the book.

If you like WWII books also read "Flags of our Fathers" by James Bradley (son of Corpsman John Bradley). It's about the Second (famous photo) flag raisers on Iwo Jima. I saw an interview with the author some time ago. He said the movie rights have been sold. It would be a great HBO mini series. As good as Band of Brothers. Another great one although older is "With the old breed at Pelilieu and Okinawa" by Eugene Sledge. Very graphic account of the Pacific campaign from the eyes of a Marine Rifleman. All of Ambrose stuff is good. The others that I mentioned are written in a style similar to his.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. I will be picking it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top