Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 3:17:19 PM EDT
i have a couple of ford 302 engines that i'm dismantling. for my needs, i'm not sure rebuilding them is cost effective and im wondering if there are any ideas for recycling the parts into other things....not necessairly engine related. i've seen some artistic stuff done with motorcycle engine parts and have a couple furniture ideas, but nothing im particularly excited about.

anything?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a Barret M82 and shoot through the engine blocks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Being a Chevy guy myself, I've always thought the best use for a Ford block was a boat anchor. Or how about a nice eight spot planter? The neighbors would love to look out at that in  the morning.  Especially if you "chromed it up real nice".
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope. A 302 isn't an anchor. I have one in my boat (not the anchor) and it pushes me just short of 60 mph.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nope. A 302 isn't an anchor. I have one in my boat (not the anchor) and it pushes me just short of 60 mph.
View Quote

He's right!  A 302 doesn't have enough mass to make a good anchor...[:D][:D][:D]

Just a smart-assed comment from a big-block proponent....
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything useful or worth anything left on the blocks? You might try selling some of the stuff to buy more ammo or something.

Pony(asinmustang)boy
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to make a coffee table out of a 302 actually.  I was thinking make some supports to balance the block.  Have it all cleaned up and painted and put a big piece of glass for a top so you can see the block.  It would be heavy but would make a cool table.  
I also thought about using an old cam as a towel rack in a shop or mud room.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top