User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 10:16:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
here are the facts.
View Quote

Just an observation, but unless you were privy to the radio communications, you have absolutely no clue as to what the "FACTS" are...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what scanners are for.  I always get a kick out of listening to cops late at night on a scanner.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
That's what scanners are for. I always get a kick out of listening to cops late at night on a scanner.
View Quote

You too?

I have a scanner at work. I usually get a good chuckle everyday.

Av.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]

I can't tell you how many times I have seen an LEO almost cause an accident just so he can chase down a speeding ticket. They need to think about the people around them first and their need to fill their "quota's" second.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
hey, cops are people too.  They're not immune from stupidity.

Sounds pretty stupid to me.  Cop or not.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can't tell you how many times I have seen an LEO almost cause an accident just so he can chase down a speeding ticket. They need to think about the people around them first and their need to fill their "quota's" second.

View Quote

I don't have a "Quota":
I can write as many citations as I want.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#11]
When you ride a bike you're only allowed so many "stupid tickets"...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Before anyone says something like "you dont know what its like" I do.  I was in a cadet program throughout high school and a reserver officer for a short time. I have made traffic stops, responded to DV calls and other situations (usually unarmed).  

View Quote

No, you don't know what it is like. Until you graduate from the Academy and have a REAL BADGE on your chest, you are still nothing but a civilian and prone to obstructing of justice from the sound of it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#13]
She parked on the opposite site of the road and walked across all the lanes of traffic to get to the car stop?

Or she parked behind the primary unit and  stepped into the slow lane?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's what scanners are for. I always get a kick out of listening to cops late at night on a scanner.
View Quote

You too?

I have a scanner at work. I usually get a good chuckle everyday.

Av.
View Quote

The jurisdictions around me switched to the Motorola APCO 25 digital trunked.  No listening for me until Uniden comes out with their new digital trunktracker.  It'll probably cost too much at first though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She parked on the opposite site of the road and walked across all the lanes of traffic to get to the car stop?

Or she parked behind the primary unit and  stepped into the slow lane?
View Quote

She parked on the OTHER side of the 6 lane interstate (I-65) and walked across three lanes of fast moving traffic.
View Quote

That could very well qualify her as STUPID.

Jay
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before anyone says something like "you dont know what its like" I do.  I was in a cadet program throughout high school and a reserver officer for a short time. I have made traffic stops, responded to DV calls and other situations (usually unarmed).  

View Quote

No, you don't know what it is like. Until you graduate from the Academy and have a REAL BADGE on your chest, you are still nothing but a civilian and prone to obstructing of justice from the sound of it.
View Quote

Imbroglio,

I am convinced that with your cynical, dark and warped sense of humor, you would make a great cop (take it anyway you like, but it's meant as a complement).

So long as you kept it in the locker room:
That's where I have to keep mine.

So, what's your background like?

Jay
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So, what's your background like?

Jay
View Quote

They advised me to not disclose anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top