Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 9:55:59 AM EDT
Maybe somebody will buy it.  [url=www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4533441]Check out the auction.[/url]

[img]www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2002-06-23/Mike_L._1024850638_IMG_0030.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#1]
While it says it is a no reserve auction I tried to bid $500 and it would not accept any bids less than $8000 and some.

My guess is it will not sell.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
No...not for a Frog semi auto.   [puke]

For that kind of dough you can get your hands on a full auto quality American rifle...'course, after you get your class III.

I wouldn't drop that much $$$ on that rifle.  [whacko]

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
For foreign rarity in the US, I'd rather take my chances with the L85.

But that is sure one ugly as hell weapon.[puke]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#4]
That is one ugly rifle. Leave it to the French to design such an ugly one.

Why is the carry handle so big? Does it contain a built-in popup white flag?

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL.

The Flag doesn't work though...the rifle was dropped too many times.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While it says it is a no reserve auction I tried to bid $500 and it would not accept any bids less than $8000 and some.

My guess is it will not sell.
View Quote

Started at $8,595.00
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
God, bullpups make me sick to my stomach.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I think this guy has his FemmeMAS confused with the full auto when he did a price search... but someone will most likey buy it as it is a rarity... sucker...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I wanted to bid 9,000 pesos, but they wanted real money!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]
That's one rare sucka!  Probably only a dozen or so in country.  It's worth the price to a collector.  Hell, I'd buy it if it was around 5K.  Worth 4 preban ARs to me? You bet!  Too rich for me beyond 5K.

The person who will end up with that is buying it for what it is!  Not because it's the best bang for the buck.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately, that is about the going rate for one of these things.  Not exactly my cup of Very Expensive Chardonnay.

For the same money ($10,000), you could have:

1.  SIG 550 (a better gun)
2.  2 or 3 Steyr AUGs
3.  5 FNC's (my weakness)

Or:

Barrett M82A1 and a Barrett M99

Or:

Colt M-16 A2 or a model 601 C & R gun.
1919A1
Billistics RR MP-5
HK 21 (Clone gun) with an Autosear.

Or:

8 Pre-Ban ARs or 14 Post-Ban.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

ROFLMAO! That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Iam with AFARR on the Sig 550 thats where that kind of money should go.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, that is about the going rate for one of these things.  Not exactly my cup of Very Expensive Chardonnay.

For the same money ($10,000), you could have:

1.  SIG 550 (a better gun)
2.  2 or 3 Steyr AUGs
3.  5 FNC's (my weakness)
View Quote

Not to mention, FNC's take AR mags, dont they?  Where the hell are you going to get those 25 round FAMAS mags?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not to mention, FNC's take AR mags, dont they?  Where the hell are you going to get those 25 round FAMAS mags?
View Quote

The mag well of a FAMAS can indeed accept M16 mags.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#17]
You would think that $8500 would get you more than 1 magazine. Stingy bastard.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The mag well of a FAMAS can indeed accept M16 mags.  
View Quote

The latest model can. The one in this auction looks like the older type that accepts French mags only.  Bottom rifle in this photo: [img]http://www.waffenhq.de/infanterie/famas_01.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Sometimes you people kill me. The Glock is "ugly". The HK USP is "ugly". hell to some people all black weapons are "ugly".

"The proof is in the pudding as they say."

The price aside, the real Weapons worth is how well it shoots. None of you have ever fired a FA MAS, so how could you say that it sucks? just because the French designed it? nonsense. Lets hear someones opinion that has experience with the weapon system.

lib

perhaps we should toss the statue of liberty away too. it was made by the french ya'know, so it will probably fall any minute now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#20]
None of you have ever fired a FA MAS, so how could you say that it sucks?
                         just because the French designed it? nonsense. Lets hear someones opinion that has experience with the weapon system.
View Quote

Reply (something about a pic is worth...):

[img]http://www.wargamer.com/sp/ww2/infantry/chauchat/chauchat.jpg[/img]

As to the Statue of Liberty--regardless of the French making it, the spirits (living and dead) of hundreds of millions of Americans hold it up every day--it would be damn hard for something like that to fall against that kind of force.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#21]
8500-10000? I'd rather spend that money on ammo for RAGNAR III, and maybe a couple of 30 packs...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn I'm just suprised to learn that the French even make guns.  What do they need them for?  It will be much easier for them to surrender with both hands free.

cheese eating surrender monkeys
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#23]
What is a "Billistics RR MP-5"?
Is that Ballistics?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
'course, after you get your class III.

View Quote

You mean pay your tax stamp right? There is no federal license for class III
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
'course, after you get your class III.

View Quote

You mean pay your tax stamp right? There is no federal license for class III
View Quote

All French weapons are considered demilled by the ATF.  No Class III tax required.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

[img]http://web.utk.edu/~utpolice/Graphics/famas.jpg[/img]
nuff said
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is that Ballistics?
View Quote

It's a semiauto H&K that has had the receiver converted and registered as a machinegun by Billistics (a company). True "transferrable" H&K MP5s are very rare since their importation was stopped in 1968. 99.9% of transferrable MP5s on the market are conversions with most of them by either Flemming or Billistics.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that Ballistics?
View Quote

It's a semiauto H&K that has had the receiver converted and registered as a machinegun by Billistics (a company). True "transferrable" H&K MP5s are very rare since their importation was stopped in 1968. 99.9% of transferrable MP5s on the market are conversions with most of them by either Flemming or Billistics.
View Quote

Or Vollmer, or LaFrance, or Hard Times Armory, and even a few by Group Industries not to mention all the ones that mere mortals did themselves.

I think the MP5 stands on it's own merits, but I don't see how a sheetmetal subgun that nominally costs $1200-$1700 is worth $10K.  Not when I can set up a 9mm M16 for half that, or 65% of it if I want to go all Colt for some reason.

Same for the FAMAS.  I'd pay as much as $6K for a transferrable one since there are only a handful of them, but $10K for a semi?  Yellow Smelly Beer piss on that!

A thing is only worth what someone will pay for it.
There's a sucker born every minute.
You can't take advantage of someone who doesn't want to be taken advantage of.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks, Ponyboy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:21:07 AM EDT
[#30]
As was mentioned, there are several conversions of HK firearms.

When you buy a full auto HK, you get it in one of four flavors:

"least" desirable (for an MP-5, that means in the $7-8k range) is a "clip on" Registered Receiver gun.  The manufacturer that converted the gun took a regular semi-auto HK 94, registered the receiver, then modified a full auto lower to fit the gun.  You cannot legally separate the lower from the receiver--kind of like having a non-registered DIAS in a Registered Receiver M-16.  Take the DIAS out, you have an "unregistered conversion part".

Next is a Fleming trigger pack.  A little different from a sear (not sure how exactly), but it is interchangeable to other HKs.

Somewhat more desirable is a Registered HK Sear.  Most guns you see are sear guns.  A loose sear runs $4500-5000.  An MP-5 Sear gun is in the $8k range.  The sear can be swapped around to different guns.  Lots of sear manufacturers--S & H, Ciener, Fleming, Qualified, HTA, etc.  

Most Desireable is the "Push Pin" Registered Receiver gun.  The guy that converted them registered the reciever, and modified it to be identical to a real full auto receiver--interchangeable lowers from factory MP-5s will work fine.  These run at $9k.  Billistics is the best known of these.

Of course, there are the rumored REAL FACTORY HK MP-5s out there--supposedly there are a few transferables in the country.  Gotta figure on $20k minimum for one as a collectable.

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Ya know why the French line the roads of Paris with trees?
So that German Soldiers can march in the shade!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

My 12th Grade History Teacher told me that one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top