Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2012 12:37:50 PM EDT
I bought these Makita tools about 6 months ago and have never charged them. They were all new except for the drill, it was refurbished so batteries showed up charged in some part. I purchased separately to get the heavier duty drill than the kits come with. I try not to think about the total cost since I bought piece by piece. I have used them lightly over those 6 months and never charged the batteries. Should I see how long they can go or keep batteries full to avoid damage to the Li-Ion batteries, if any? Ironically most of the major house projects were done before I got these things or they would have been really handy building a patio and renovating my kitchen.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Should I see how long they can go or keep batteries full to avoid damage to the Li-Ion batteries, if any?

Keep 'em full, and recharge 'em promptly after you use 'em.

The life expectancy of Li-Ion batteries varies with depth of discharge - They'll give you a lot more shallow discharge/recharge cycles than deep ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top