Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2012 9:47:13 AM EDT
OK, tell me about Spirit Airlines. I usually fly American. I want to travel this Christmas week and wife tells me they have low fares. I reply that I've never heard of them.
Anyone flown with them?

FO!!!!!??? or Hell NO!!!!???

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I can tell you that when my wife and I went to Vegas and came back on Spirit Air on an overnight flight, the stewardess woke everyone up with "Welcome to the Bahamas" when we landed in Atlanta
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't have high expectations.  Or really any expectations.  Unless you're willing to pay a fee.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Insane pilots FTW!

ETA: Or was that Jet Blue?  Whatever.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, I can tell you that when my wife and I went to Vegas and came back on Spirit Air on an overnight flight, the stewardess woke everyone up with "Welcome to the Bahamas" when we landed in Atlanta

Was she being funny or being clueless?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
You have to pay for everything. You want to pick your seat? They charge you. Carry-on bag bigger than a backpack? They charge you.
If you are tall and it is a long flight, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST IT.
I just recently took a trip to chicago, never flew spirit before, I almost booked a different flight back. I couldn't touch my knees together in front of me the seats were so close together.
I don't recommend them, I would rather pay more for more comfort and not charging for everything.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I think she had just woke up herself.............the pilot came on and announced "Welcome to Atlanta", and everyone just kinda looked at her........lol it was pretty funny to see the "d'oh!" look on her face

Quoted:
Quoted:

Was she being funny or being clueless?

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't have high expectations.  Or really any expectations.  Unless you're willing to pay a fee.

So it's a shuttle service?  I could live with that if it saves me a pile.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Looking at Air Tran out of San Antonio now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Depends on how important leaving the correct day is to you.  

I took Spirit home from LA one time and their crew accidentally deployed one of the emergency inflatable slides at the gate effectively grounding the airplane for the day.  I had to spend the night at a hotel near the airport and come back the next day to catch a flight.

I'll gladly pay a little extra for Delta these days but if you want to pinch pennies it's not a terrible option as long as delays won't kill your plans.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the raffle for a goat at the end of the flight

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Greyhound of the skies, but they'll getcha there more often than not.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Try Frontier Airlines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top