Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2012 5:10:42 PM EDT
I've been watching a bunch of the old Disney ("Wonderful World Of
Disney") shows from the mid-50's the last couple of months and one of my
favorites

has become "Our friend the atom" that includes (Damn near STARS) the German scientist Heinz Haber.
It's a great old show (Considering that it's almost 6 decades old it's
damn near PHENOMENAL!) and I've watched it like a 4yr old with a copy of
The Lion King

and access to a television (Over and over again).  Anyway, looking a
little deeper into DR Haber's history shows that he wasn't the nicest of
guys if you happened

to be born Jewish (He seems to have "More-Or-Less" used you as a lab rat
) and WE "kind'a-sort'a" overlooked that fact when we scored him at the
end of the war.
Anyway....I guess what I'm asking here is.....Was his (DR Haber's)
knowledge WORTH forgiving his sins or did we screw the pooch with that here?
BTW, just so's y'all can watch ()

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
well it was wrong and fucked up we glossed over the fact a bunch of them were real nazis, but we really didn't have a choice.

lesser of 2 evils i suppose keep nazi scientists or lose the tech race with the USSR.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

well it was wrong and fucked up we glossed over the fact a bunch of them were real nazis, but we really didn't have a choice.

lesser of 2 evils i suppose keep nazi scientists or lose the tech race with the USSR.

Yeah, I get that.  I remember as a kid (I'm old so I remember reading crap in libraries) reading that after the Soviets launched Sputnik that some American

attached to NASA (Or whatever it was called in the late 50's) mentioned that "I guess that their (Meaning the Soviets) German scientists are better than

OUR German scientists!"

Eh...WVB and his guys managed to land us on the Moon.  That's cool as hell and all that but I'm still a little uncomfortable with DR Haber's experiments.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It helped to win the cold war and got the USA to the moon! Did it tarnish US ideals yes a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top