Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2012 9:22:19 AM EDT
So my kids and I decided to go out and get ribs the other night and of course the best ribs are down in the err amish side of town. Well as we are driving there I see all these people and say to the kids  " what the heck is going on some kind of march"?

So after passing blocks of people walking we make it to the rib place and get out and go stand in line with all the other folks needing ribs on a Thursday night. I happen to look over to the other side of the lot and there are about 5 or 600 people there with signs about the Trvyon deal. My two daughters are looking around and my youngest, 14, says everyone is looking at us. Of course just before she said that I thought in my head the old Sesame Street thing...One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesnt belong here.....

We stayed for a bit as I was armed, but not enough if things got crazy, and decided the line was too long and moving too slow to stay.

Another award winning dad moment!!! Ah the memories.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I am so sick of this garbage.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL,...One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesnt belong here.....

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am so sick of this garbage.

Me too.  All these long-ass ribs lines, keepin a brotha down!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad I have my own smoker.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Bubble gum in the school yard my brother, bubble gum in the school yard.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#7]
With all random acts of stupid going on now, I would avoid the Amish sector for now...
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LOL,...One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesnt belong here.....

More proof that Sesame Street teaches racism.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If the Black people get angry enough they might burn down the Black owned rib joint in their own Black neighborhood.

So I suggest getting two full racks and extra greens.
Because he might be a smoldering pile of ashes tomorrow.

How is his coleslaw?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Considering the last hoody wearing guy that walked around casing houses in my neighborhood got punched in the face by a black neighbor because he didn't have a gun to shoot him with at the time I'm not too worried about it. I swear Grandpa from The Boondocks is my neighbor.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Ribs sound fucking awesome right now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn it. Now I want ribs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
With all random acts of stupid going on now, I would avoid the Amish sector for now...

For now?  Fuck, forever.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the Black people get angry enough they might burn down the Black owned rib joint in their own Black neighborhood.

So I suggest getting two full racks and extra greens.
Because he might be a smoldering pile of ashes tomorrow.

How is his coleslaw?

I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More proof that Sesame Street teaches racism.  

Didn't SNL or somebody do a skit on this?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw a ~11 year old black kid wearing a hoodie on his way back from the local gas station yesterday.  I was relieved to discover that he was only carrying a Snickers.  It could have been a dangerous situation.

Oh, and he was walking a puppy with two other friends.  Details, details.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I expected to see a FL tag.

Sorry it has gone viral.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So my kids and I decided to go out and get ribs the other night and of course the best ribs are down in the err amish side of town. Well as we are driving there I see all these people and say to the kids  " what the heck is going on some kind of march"?

So after passing blocks of people walking we make it to the rib place and get out and go stand in line with all the other folks needing ribs on a Thursday night. I happen to look over to the other side of the lot and there are about 5 or 600 people there with signs about the Trvyon deal. My two daughters are looking around and my youngest, 14, says everyone is looking at us. Of course just before she said that I thought in my head the old Sesame Street thing...One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesnt belong here.....

We stayed for a bit as I was armed, but not enough if things got crazy, and decided the line was too long and moving too slow to stay.

If this is on the West Side of Louisville, you don't have to go into the shithole ghetto's to find good BBQ.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#20]
GREAT JOB DAD!!!

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

LMAO!

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I remember that song...

Smart thing to do was back away slowly, good decision Dad

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#23]
My dad took me to one of those things back in the seventies.  I can't remember the occasion but for some reason we wound up being very out of place in a very large crowd.  Fortunately we were in a brand-new 1974 Lincoln Continental, White with a blue padded vinyl roof, with a 460 under the hood in case we needed to push through the crowd.  Nah, my dad just wound up yakking with a couple of guys about the Lincoln, which they adored, and then we went on our way.  This was in Richmond Virginia of all places.  

These days things are much different.  Today's angry youth somehow think they're entitled to behave as badly as anyone can imagine.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#24]
There's no denying that tasty ribs ARE tasty.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I wonder how the proprietor of the business felt to know the crowd had cost him a sale.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wonder how the proprietor of the business felt to know the crowd had cost him a sale.

Sounds like the line was out the door.  I bet if he'd noticed he wouldn't have given even a little bit of a shit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

OP, do you live in Terre Haute?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I never take my kids in the Amish section of town.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Glad you were armed, but there's no way you had the 52 mags on you that you would have needed had the SHTF.

So, your retreat from enemy territory was wise.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#30]
The ribs are very good here and the only place I tend to go when I get a hankering for good artery clogging meal with a side scariness.

His slaw is just ok, kinda just adds color and gets in the way of a wonderful plate of ribs and fries soaked with sauce!! Dang it I really wanted ribs that night and tonight!

I'm up on the north end of the state.

Who eats the bread underneath? Sometimes I do sometimes I don't.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#31]
My favorite radio station is a national syndicate.  99% of the time they are very conservative - but they have flown the coop this week with gun stuff.
We they had a physiologist going over how carrying a gun and thinking your neighborhood is dangerous is a sign of a serious mental illness - disillusion disorder, persicutory type.  Stupid sheep.  Nothing will ever happen to me.  
I stopped counting how many times I have had stuff stolen (1 car, and 3 other car break-ins, 2 house break-ins, etc...), not counting the 3 assaults with deadly weapons (one was a mugging with a knife, one was road rage with a revolver, other was a bastard (I forget why he said he had a gun and was going to shoot me - I told him to try to reach it and die trying (I was 50 foot from 3-4 police officer all watching it go down, at best he was an armed drunk, most likely he was bs).  Just because I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#32]
How much wur the ribs?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My favorite radio station is a national syndicate.  99% of the time they are very conservative - but they have flown the coop this week with gun stuff.

We they had a physiologist going over how carrying a gun and thinking your neighborhood is dangerous is a sign of a serious mental illness - disillusion disorder, persicutory type.  Stupid sheep.  Nothing will ever happen to me.  

I stopped counting how many times I have had stuff stolen (1 car, and 3 other car break-ins, 2 house break-ins, etc...), not counting the 3 assaults with deadly weapons (one was a mugging with a knife, one was road rage with a revolver, other was a bastard (I forget why he said he had a gun and was going to shoot me - I told him to try to reach it and die trying (I was 50 foot from 3-4 police officer all watching it go down, at best he was an armed drunk, most likely he was bs).  Just because I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Well that explains something to me. All police are mentally ill. Every police officer I know personally fits that description. They're all armed, and they're all the first to tell you how wrong you are if you say the streets of anywhere are perfectly safe.

It's easier to think they're mentally ill than to actually face the fact that they're right.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Also this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I looked out back about 45 minutes ago to see my neighbors son and his 20 something year old uncle that lives with them. They were cleaning out his car while wearing hoodies. No doubt to go to a rally. I just shook my head and continued loading mags.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#36]
They need to get fucking jobs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Even my liberal Dad thinks the Trayvon sympathy is bullshit.  That actually really surprised me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Had you gone out job hunting you probably wouldn't have had any troubles. I hear these sorts of protests aren't awash with work ethic
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Even my liberal Dad thinks the Trayvon sympathy is bullshit.  That actually really surprised me.

The race card expired the moment the O-Tard got elected.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Considering the last hoody wearing guy that walked around casing houses in my neighborhood got punched in the face by a black neighbor because he didn't have a gun to shoot him with at the time I'm not too worried about it. I swear Grandpa from The Boondocks is my neighbor.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#41]
While it is hard to get race riots in Texas - I am really happy I don't have to deal with the Texas Relays this weekend.  It is probably the annual largest race based gathering in Texas (that and the weekend in Galveston).  

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The race card expired the moment the O-Tard got elected.

Not with him it didn't.  He's still racist against his own white skin.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

funny how that stuff always happens for some and zero for others , Wonder why ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I would invite you over but you're in FL and a bit far from me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He has 500-600 people across the street. Im sure some of them come in to get food. He probably didn't even notice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Sneaky Travon Martin thread
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
While it is hard to get race riots in Texas - I am really happy I don't have to deal with the Texas Relays this weekend.  It is probably the annual largest race based gathering in Texas (that and the weekend in Galveston).    

That reminds me to stay the fuck away from downtown this weekend and especially Highland Mall. I'm sure people will be amped over the TRAY-von incident, and I don't have enough Skittles for e'erbody.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Glad you were armed, but there's no way you had the 52 mags on you that you would have needed had the SHTF.

So, your retreat from enemy territory was wise.

All you have to do is shoot a few and the rest will stay away. The first one to move gets it because he or she was thinking (thats a British SAS doctrine) and the second one gets it to reaffirm your conviction to the crowd. I am not advocating the targeting innocents bit if facing the possibility of a mob my family's welfare far out weighs theirs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Awesome!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top